Non trads - Atlanta / SE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlgirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a non-trad. , female 28, soon turning 29. Currently taking pre-reqs. And hopefully will take the MCAT next year. Just wondering if there are fellow non trad's in the Atlanta area? It would be nice to get together sometime.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Contact the people over at ASC, there are tons of non-trads in their post-bacc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a non-trad as well female 26 finishing up my bachelor's and planning to go to Agnes Scott post bac program.

Hey there. I guess I am considered a non-trad as well. I am about to turn 22, finishing up a bachelor's in Spanish Lit at GSU and hoping to get into the Agnes Scott post bacc program.

If anyone is getting together around Atlanta, I'd love to join in the fun!

Hi guys, I'm a non-trad. , female 28, soon turning 29. Currently taking pre-reqs. And hopefully will take the MCAT next year. Just wondering if there are fellow non trad's in the Atlanta area? It would be nice to get together sometime.

I'm not currently in Atlanta, but will be returning in January. I'm currently serving as a pilot in the Air Force in Nebraska. Planning to separate soon and make the big leap to medical school! I'd be down to meet up at some point.

Hi I'm also a non-trad in atl still an undergrad trying to get it together low gpa and have not taken the mcat considering a post bac or masters when the time comes and then applying to medical school

Hey all, I am a non-trad and finishing up my PhD in Biochem before heading over to med school. Are any of you interested in meeting up and form a study group?

Hi, I'm interested in meeting up and also forming a study group.

Hi, I'm interested in meeting up and also forming a study group.
Hey AtlGirl,

Great! Hopefully more people will be interested. I would be interested in start meeting up as soon as next week.

Im a non-trad as well female 26 finishing up my bachelor's and planning to go to Agnes Scott post bac program.

Hey there. I guess I am considered a non-trad as well. I am about to turn 22, finishing up a bachelor's in Spanish Lit at GSU and hoping to get into the Agnes Scott post bacc program.

If anyone is getting together around Atlanta, I'd love to join in the fun!

I'm not currently in Atlanta, but will be returning in January. I'm currently serving as a pilot in the Air Force in Nebraska. Planning to separate soon and make the big leap to medical school! I'd be down to meet up at some point.

Hi I'm also a non-trad in atl still an undergrad trying to get it together low gpa and have not taken the mcat considering a post bac or masters when the time comes and then applying to medical school

Are you guys still interested in meeting up?

Are you guys still interested in meeting up?
I still am. I'm not sure how to do it well via SDN, but it would be good to, at the very least form some kind of support/study group...lol. What year are you planning to matriculate?

I still am. I'm not sure how to do it well via SDN, but it would be good to, at the very least form some kind of support/study group...lol. What year are you planning to matriculate?
Are you currently in Atlanta? We can set-up some meeting times throughout the week after completing our self-assigned homework.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I'm in Atlanta as well. I would like to meet some aspiring applicants in my shoes. I'm a 30 yr old male. Thanks

@Jaycraw28 @hemaoncol @Atlgirl @urielscope @Aloft085 @FutureATLDoc13

It seems like we have a good group here. Maybe we could try an initial meeting just to see who is really interested and then discuss goals and stuff. It might be hard to have a strict "study group" since we'll all be at different levels, applying for different cycles. We can definitely help keep one another on track though.

I agree, any suggestions on time or place to meet, when everyone is available ? We could do a weekday evening or the weekend.

Both Weekday evening and weekends work for me. We can meet tomorrow after 5pm in the midtown area. There is a starbuck on 14th, 5th, and Peachtree. We can decide from there about setting up a schedule and just figure out where to go from there as peudamour suggested.

Does 6:30 pm or maybe later tomorrow work for everyone?

Reactions: 1 users
For me, if we plan to meet during the week I'm available after 8pm. I'm not sure if that's too late for you guys or not. I'm free all weekend though!!

For me, if we plan to meet during the week I'm available after 8pm. I'm not sure if that's too late for you guys or not. I'm free all weekend though!!
That would be better for me too. The later, the better for me.

I am ok with after 8 pm too. Should we agree to meet at 8:30? How is parking at the starbucks on 14th and Peachtree? I was thinking if they do not have free parking, there's a starbucks further north on Peachtree Rd with plenty of free parking.

8:30 works for me. Whenever I pass the starbucks by 14th, it seems pretty crowded around that time. Free parking sounds great to me but, whatever is convenient for you guys I am ok with.

There's one at 2900 Peachtree Rd, there's a Barnes & Noble there too. Seems like there's 4 of us so far.

8:30 works for me as well. I'm definitely in favor of free parking.

Last edited:
Based on the reviews, the parking is free for the peachtree starbucks and barnes and nobles.

Based on the reviews, the parking is free for the peachtree starbucks and barnes and nobles.

Is this for the one on 14th and Peachtree or other one near Barnes and Noble at 2900 Peachtree? Sorry just making sure

Ok, see you guys tomorrow.

I am here! Green pants and brown top if any of you are here. And also sitting all the way in the back facing barnes and nobles.

I dont think im gonna be able to show. I have to work late tonight. ://

For those of you who wish to join us today, we are meeting at GATECH at 8:30PM (901 Atlantic Drive, Atlanta, Ga 30318). What needs to be done before our meeting is the following:
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/345244/data/pstopics.pdf

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85566/data/bstopics.pdf

Please go over the first section of both physics and organic chemistry so that we can meet tomorrow at 8:30pm and go over the concepts.

If you are coming, please private message me for my contact information so that you know where to go.

See you all there!

For those of you who wish to join us today, we are meeting at GATECH at 8:30PM (901 Atlantic Drive, Atlanta, Ga 30318). What needs to be done before our meeting is the following:
https://www.aamc.org/students/download/345244/data/pstopics.pdf

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85566/data/bstopics.pdf

Please go over the first section of both physics and organic chemistry so that we can meet tomorrow at 8:30pm and go over the concepts.

If you are coming, please private message me for my contact information so that you know where to go.

See you all there!

Hello there. I just had a chance to look over the topics that yall are studying and it does not look like the kind of stuff that I am currently doing. I'm not ready to start prepping for the MCAT at this point, so I don't think it would be very helpful for me to attend.

Im still working through the section topics from our last meeting. But, if the meeting for tonight is still on, I will be there.

Hi everyone - I was wondering if this group still meets or has any advice for a non-trad looking to take some pre-req classes in the area.

Hi. I know this is a few months old, but I am a non trad... 26 years old. Spelman Bio grad with Masters and Doctorate (grad May 2015). Hoping to take MCAT in Jan and apply next year. Are you all still (or have you already) formed a study group? I'd love to join!

For those od you applying to ASC, have you submitted apps already? What sort of GRE scores do you all have?

does anyone want to study for the mcat on Skype