NonClinical Volunterring Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Master3930

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I worked as a tutor in chemistry during my undergrad. I did it for free but on AMCAS I listed it as TA/Tutor etc. would that still be considered non-clinical Volunterring since I was not paid? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I worked as a tutor in chemistry during my undergrad. I did it for free but on AMCAS I listed it as TA/Tutor etc. would that still be considered non-clinical Volunterring since I was not paid? Thanks

I've often wondered the same. I would list it as non-medical/clinical volunteering and be sure to explain that it was tutoring/teaching.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately I already submitted. Do you think I would have the chance to explain to adcomms that is where the majority of my non clinical experience comes from

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately I already submitted. Do you think I would have the chance to explain to adcomms that is where the majority of my non clinical experience comes from

Absolutely. I don't see it being something that holds you back.

Reactions: 1 user
You could have chosen either tag. Perhaps your description mentioned that it was a volunteer or unpaid position, especially if you had nothing else listed under Community Service/Volunteer-Not Medical/Clinical?

You could have chosen either tag. Perhaps your description mentioned that it was a volunteer or unpaid position, especially if you had nothing else listed under Community Service/Volunteer-Not Medical/Clinical?
At the time of submitting I didn't even think of it, I just assumed as president of chemistry society I would be doing it for free... I think I made a very dumb mistake

At the time of submitting I didn't even think of it, I just assumed as president of chemistry society I would be doing it for free... I think I made a very dumb mistake
Perhaps in some future Secondary essays, you can state that you plan to continue your volunteer Chemistry tutoring position. Or that since you enjoyed your volunteer Chem tutoring so much, you plan to engage in . . ..

Perhaps in some future Secondary essays, you can state that you plan to continue your volunteer Chemistry tutoring position. Or that since you enjoyed your volunteer Chem tutoring so much, you plan to engage in . . ..
I think that is my best bet. Thank you for the advice!