Nontrad Engr. school list, other q's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Captain Sisko

U.S.S. Defiant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice on a school list. Anything I should swap out? Is it too top heavy? Any OOS schools I'd have a poor chance at?
Ohio Non-trad, 3.65 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, 38 MCAT. Otherwise good EC's

Wisconsin
OSU
Cincinnati
Case
Toledo
Wright State
Tulane
Rush
MCW
SUNY Upstate
Rosalind Franklin
Mayo
U of Chicago
Michigan
Brown
Pitt
wake forest
emory
yale
St Louis University
Penn
vanderbilt
oakland
Western MI
rochester

Thanks!
Sisko

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
To me it sounds like a sound list. You have a fair number of reaches as well as goodchance/safeties. I'd stick with that list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks al.

Bump for more opinions.

Also, is there any hope for scholarships? I've a middling gpa in engineering, but in my relatively uninformed eyes my mcat screams "grade deflation! " I don't necessarily care about the name of a school, just whether or not I'll be happy and do well.

Most often, higher tier schools will not offer you scholarships. lower tier schools might, to retain "talent". that being said, I would take the higher tier school over the scholarship, but that's me. Having more options down the road helps when applying for competitive residencies.

Furthermore, merit scholarships come sparingly. and they don't give that much either. So keep that in mind as well...

Yup, that looks like a good list to me too. If you wanna play around with it, you can reconsider Yale and Penn for Loyola, UVA, and Baylor. Is Western Michigan friendly to OOS applicants?