Nontrads, Tell Us About your 'Wild' Friday Night

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The local med students here took their last test and all went out on a pub crawl. They invited the class of 2016 along which was nice of them.

Man some of those kids are young.

Members don't see this ad.

Spent the evening dealing with more issues with neighbor mentioned in "I feel Crappy" thread. Might need lawyer.....so not what I need when i'm trying to study for finals.... :(

I used my new gym membership and took my dog for a walk with my husband and studied MCAT and read for fun. Go attempt to return to a well rounded life!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used my new gym membership and took my dog for a walk with my husband and studied MCAT and read for fun. Go attempt to return to a well rounded life!

"Life"? What's that? I want one of those!

If I send my neighbor to you, will you have him committed for me?

:p
If you can work him up into a homicidal rage, sure, that will be no problem. Of course, it takes some finesse, because while he needs to express a believable homicidal intent, you probably don't want him to actually attempt it. :p

I'm putting up wallpaper in my RV with my wife. I might have a glass of wine.

If you can work him up into a homicidal rage, sure, that will be no problem. Of course, it takes some finesse, because while he needs to express a believable homicidal intent, you probably don't want him to actually attempt it. :p

Alas, I will be taking the high road and hoping karma or the police kick his butt royally (and in plain sight).

It's another Friday night of ...... Working!!!!

I know it's not night time yet, but I am currently filling out my med school application. It's freaking me out!

Memorizing (aircraft) emergency procedures and sitting in a simulator. My wife's a saint.

I didn't mind orgo as much as physics. I hate physics.

Are you taking physics this summer? Or just a general hatred.

It's an orgo party up in here! Is there a non dirty-sounding word for that? :laugh:

Am starting the class on Monday so my night has consisted of getting textbooks together and cooking. Good luck dmf2682 and galaxyx with your exams! :)

Orgo orgy?
We started class this past Monday and have an exam this upcoming Wednesday :O

I saw the AVNEGERS! If you haven't seen it, you should. :thumbup:

And stay until the credits are finished.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on the hated ambulatory rotation. Lots of noncompliant patients, patients not mine who have been inadequately worked up for all kinds of things who need pre op clearance, want drugs, etc. To compensate me for this rotation that has inspired so many alcoholics, I have weekends off this month. So tonight I played cribbage with my son and husband, tomorrow I will spend the entire day making homemade cinnamon rolls after sleeping in.

Are you taking physics this summer? Or just a general hatred.

Orgo orgy?

Nope, just finished my last semester of Physics ever. It was a retake of Physics 1.

Likewise. Bah humbug.

At least you're a resident :) Could be worse, lots of us are still pre-meds ;)

I'm working as well, and hopefully getting more of my AMCAS and AACOMAS completed.

We're allegedly heading up for the !! LAST WEEKEND OF SKIING!! but both kinda worn out from a crazy-*ss week (seriously I had 3 research papers due and took 1 final), so currently puttering around in the living room on our laptops lazing with the dog and making like logs. We might be lazy and drive up manaña.

Oh, also went to the gym and then ate burritos, so I feel moderately accomplished*. :p

* I also just posted a ton of rupauls drag race gifs in the teh lounge. THAT is probably my chief accomplishment for the evening. Perhaps I'll muster up the fortitude to go get a cold beer out of the fridge. If only I could train the freaking worthless dog to do that small task. Pull your weight, man. :( !!

We're allegedly heading up for the !! LAST WEEKEND OF SKIING!! but both kinda worn out from a crazy-*ss week (seriously I had 3 research papers due and took 1 final), so currently puttering around in the living room on our laptops lazing with the dog and making like logs. We might be lazy and drive up manaña.

Oh, also went to the gym and then ate burritos, so I feel moderately accomplished*. :p

* I also just posted a ton of rupauls drag race gifs in the teh lounge. THAT is probably my chief accomplishment for the evening. Perhaps I'll muster up the fortitude to go get a cold beer out of the fridge. If only I could train the freaking worthless dog to do that small task. Pull your weight, man. :( !!

Here We Go! Wish I had a dog like that.

Here We Go! Wish I had a dog like that.

Dude. I have cold beer if you want to come over and train my freeloader lazy dog how to bring it to us. :D

Last edited:
Update: I mustered all my courage and found the strength inside me to get up off the living room floor and fetched my own beer.

challenge-sotc-poster.jpg

Dude. I have cold beer if you want to come over and train my freeloader lazy dog how to bring it to us. :D

Update: I mustered all my courage and found the strength inside me to get up off the living room floor and fetched my own beer.

challenge-sotc-poster.jpg

I'll train your dog. My price is beer. I warn you that the training process may take anywhere from 1 to 50 years :D

At least you're a resident :) Could be worse, lots of us are still pre-meds ;)
Hmm. I never realized premeds were under the mistaken impression that one could advance straight to being a resident without knowing what it's like to have been a premed first. ;)

All kidding aside, it did get worse. Much, much worse. This past year of residency has been the longest decade of my life....

I'm studying for orgo and physics finals on monday and tuesday respectively and my mcat in a week. This is while dogsitting for a collie that is hell bend on dying on my watch. Come on Auggie- you've made it 16 years, I'm only asking for two more days!

Hmm. I never realized premeds were under the mistaken impression that one could advance straight to being a resident without knowing what it's like to have been a premed first. ;)

All kidding aside, it did get worse. Much, much worse. This past year of residency has been the longest decade of my life....

When I make it as far as you have I'll let you know if I ever miss being a pre-med :D

OChem marathon. That week since spring term ended was NOT long enough. Already sick of this class after after all those tedious problems on alkane nomenclature, lol. So tedious! :sleep: Hopefully it'll get more interesting soon...

Orgo orgy?

:laugh:

And yup, I'm in the same boat. We have a test Thursday and we started Tuesday. Good luck with studying! We got this, we got this. Hit those practice problems hard!:thumbup:

Made the sand box into a mud pit with the boys, ate pizza on the patio, worked in the garden. Broke up a mud ball fight. Watched The IT Crowd. Pretty awesome night overall.

OChem marathon. That week since spring term ended was NOT long enough. Already sick of this class after after all those tedious problems on alkane nomenclature, lol. So tedious! :sleep: Hopefully it'll get more interesting soon...

I don't know why everyone gives marathons such a bad rap, you should call it a short couple classes on nomenclature before you get to the more interesting stuff.

I grabbed a peanut butter hamburger before heading out to an absinthe house to grow my expanding anise liquor palate. While there some friends txted me to another bar about 5 blocks away. It took me a half hour to walk there though because I got stuck in a huge crowd watching a phenomenal street band. The violinist could make that instrument sing like a human voice. When she finished, the crowd was totally silent for 30 seconds before we broke out in thunderous applause. Eventually we wound up in a haggard drag queen bar drinking bloody marys (because it technically was the next morning by now), debating the merits of circumcision in the 21st century with a couple of men that just had a baby boy together, catching the last of a zydeco show, and finishing it off bumping and grinding in a hip hop club until 4am.

Tulane's biggest concern was whether or not I had the physical stamina to pursue medicine, but I think I'm doing just fine. :)

lol, wow, sounds like it and sounds like you found a good fit :laugh:

(but what the h* is a peanut butter hamburger? :scared:)

I grabbed a peanut butter hamburger before heading out to an absinthe house to grow my expanding anise liquor palate. While there some friends txted me to another bar about 5 blocks away. It took me a half hour to walk there though because I got stuck in a huge crowd watching a phenomenal street band. The violinist could make that instrument sing like a human voice. When she finished, the crowd was totally silent for 30 seconds before we broke out in thunderous applause. Eventually we wound up in a haggard drag queen bar drinking bloody marys (because it technically was the next morning by now), debating the merits of circumcision in the 21st century with a couple of men that just had a baby boy together, catching the last of a zydeco show, and finishing it off bumping and grinding in a hip hop club until 4am.

Tulane's biggest concern was whether or not I had the physical stamina to pursue medicine, but I think I'm doing just fine. :)

My wild friday and saturday night- reading for fun now that the semester is over (and back to studying tomorrow!).

I don't know why everyone gives marathons such a bad rap, you should call it a short couple classes on nomenclature before you get to the more interesting stuff.

I think you're right. It's getting not boring already with stereochemistry.

Last edited:
Good beer + Good friends + Poker night = Great Friday Night!

Saturday is like my Friday this week. Went out for dinner with one of my residency classmates. Have Sunday off. Well, we do a lot of one day not-on-the-weekend weekends in residency. :hungover:

Sho, your poll idea will be next.

Fell asleep at 9pm. Not on purpose.

Saturday is like my Friday this week. Went out for dinner with one of my residency classmates. Have Sunday off. Well, we do a lot of one day not-on-the-weekend weekends in residency. :hungover:

Sho, your poll idea will be next.

Awesome. Enjoy your "weekend."

worked on a sweater I was knitting and giggled about the contract I signed for employment. Did a prediction/forecast of my finances for the next year until the end of residency and breathed a big sigh of relief that I will be able to pay bills a little easier this next year.

Then I went looking at board exam fees and schedules and got pissed off all over again. Seriously? $1400? And I have to pay it SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE??? That's almost my entire two-week paycheck in residency! Highway robbery. So much for my financial cushion. Argh. :mad:

Stopped by Nordstrom Rack to look for a new dress shirt or two and ended up walking out with a charcoal/dark gray suit for interviews! This is the first suit I've ever owned and will be the first time I've worn more than a shirt/tie besides a rented tux for high school prom.

I don't know anything about suits, but I liked this one and the salesperson seemed knowledgeable and had a lot to say about the brand (Hickey Freeman). Apparently he used to work with Frank Netter (!), among other things. Long story short, I paid $583 including alterations. It was marked down from $1250, but whether or not that is accurate I don't know.

I think it might be this one, but perhaps an older style. Looks exactly the same though.

http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/mens-suits/mahogany-collection-solid-charcoal-suit-addison-model/

working on the house, trying to find motivation. That is all.

Took the preschooler to urgent care for a swollen ballsack after 6 days of fever. Kids are so much fun.

From "pimples" on the perineum in pre-allo to swollen ballsacks in the non trad forum... Oh what a place SDN is!

Took the preschooler to urgent care for a swollen ballsack after 6 days of fever. Kids are so much fun.

Swollen ballsack from a fever? That can't be good. I had one once, though not from a fever. Hurt like hell... got nailed by a basketball in a semi-pro game. I distinctly remember the nurse poking it and giggling. :oops:

I've been working in the emergency department most of the week. (I'm like a CNA who can also draw blood, perform EKGs, etc. and I go all over the hospital, depending on who needs staffing.)

Over the past couple of days, I've assisted the residents and attendings with four pelvic exams; got mini lessons in suturing, intubation and how to interpret abnormal EKGs; drew a couple dozen rainbow sets and blood cultures; and worked on three traumas. I've watched and learned a lot, and if I have to spend a Friday night at work, I'm glad this is what I'm doing!

Packed for my vacation! I leave in...oh crap...FOUR hours for a week in Nashville with a couple of good friends and zero responsibility. After the Semester from Hell (18 CR, including Physics II, Calc and Macroecon, still got those straight As though!) while working full time and volunteering, I'm ready for a week off! (well, mostly off, my summer online class starts Tuesday, but I'm pretty sure I'm actually qualified to TEACH the subject, so I'm not to worried about having to "learn" it).

Packed for my vacation! I leave in...oh crap...FOUR hours for a week in Nashville with a couple of good friends and zero responsibility. After the Semester from Hell (18 CR, including Physics II, Calc and Macroecon, still got those straight As though!) while working full time and volunteering, I'm ready for a week off! (well, mostly off, my summer online class starts Tuesday, but I'm pretty sure I'm actually qualified to TEACH the subject, so I'm not to worried about having to "learn" it).

That sounds awesome. Have a great time!

Spent my weekend wondering about housing situations and the MSK system. This is going to be an interesting week.

I know this is supposed to be a weekend thread but this week has been awesome. It took about 9 months but I finally got to shadow! I shadowed a Family Medicine doc. in a small town the last two days, was expecting today to be the last day but he has invited me to a hospice meeting on Friday! Can't tell you how excited I am!:soexcited: