Noobies vs Boobies - The Ultimate WW battle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How addicted to WW are you? My addiction is like:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There were just sooooo many PMs. Maybe with the new system, it'd be better with the PM threads.

Very true. Just having the conversation is much nicer. Also, have only 25 players instead of 40. I was slightly insane back then. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

. That was probably not the best modding experience, you really should try again. It is fun to mod and know what is going on, but maybe with a game that does not have so much going on. :)

Speaking of which, I haven't seen @TigerWillow in ages. I hope she didn't fall off the Earth.
That is one of my favorite games/ roles (phoenix).

I was totally not paying attention at the beginning because there were so many players. Then the wolves killed MrsSOV and I was able to get my vengeance with a great role for me. I really took that personally for some reason. It got me super involved in the game. Loved it.

Reactions: 1 users

I was totally not paying attention at the beginning because there were so many players. Then the wolves killed MrsSOV and I was able to get my vengeance with a great role for me. I really took that personally for some reason. It got me super involved in the game. Loved it.

I am very glad you enjoyed it. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the fun game, SOV! It was fun being on the dark side for a change!

It was whatever game I died in then started rooting for the wolves, and everyone was like, "so was he a villager or a wolf, wtf?"
Hmmm...could have been Pangea. That would make sense since I couldn't PM you because of the whole weird group thing, so I didn't know what the heck was going on with you in that game.

This has got me to thinking about WW playing style...

The whole "WW is serious biz" stuff in the lounge makes me play more serious there. I tend to live longer, be a much more useful villager, and I think more consistently add value as a villager. But honestly, most of those games are completely unmemorable for me.

All my favorite games are where I did something fun and outlandish and it makes it worth recalling, even if I get killed night 1 and DVMD and LIS make fun of me ad nauseum, it was still more enjoyable.

The phoenix game.
Being Mr. Gold.
Trying to get everyone to send me the parts as the engineer.
The "i can't be killed" backfire.
Being the dog.
Stabbing DVMD in the back... oh sorry, that is too generic.
etc.
etc.

That's why I play. Winning is great, and yay to loungers who focus on that (and don't get me wrong I want to/like to win), but I do this for entertainment purposes, and that's how I am entertained. Win or lose, if it is a challenging, entertaining game, then I am happy. Serious? Meh.

Reactions: 4 users
This has got me to thinking about WW playing style...

The whole "WW is serious biz" stuff in the lounge makes me play more serious there. I tend to live longer, be a much more useful villager, and I think more consistently add value as a villager. But honestly, most of those games are completely unmemorable for me.

All my favorite games are where I did something fun and outlandish and it makes it worth recalling, even if I get killed night 1 and DVMD and LIS make fun of me ad nauseum, it was still more enjoyable.

The phoenix game.
Being Mr. Gold.
Trying to get everyone to send me the parts as the engineer.
Being the dog.
Stabbing DVMD in the back... oh sorry, that is too generic.
etc.
etc.

That's why I play. Winning is great, and yay to loungers who focus on that (and don't get me wrong I want to/like to win), but I do this for entertainment purposes, and that's how I am entertained. Win or lose, if it is a challenging, entertaining game, then I am happy. Serious? Meh.

I agree.... Even the Star Wars game is a memorable game for me because of the hilarity that happened (even though I wasn't super amused at the time), it is hilarious now.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree.... Even the Star Wars game is a memorable game for me because of the hilarity that happened (even though I wasn't super amused at the time), it is hilarious now.
Hmmm. Now I do recall the lounge game where @Lissarae06 and I took @jdh71 's seer role from him and gave it to me and he went ape-poo. That is kind of memorable, although I don't recall the name of the game, or any other part of the game, just his going postal on us.

That was totally worth it.

Actually I may just set up an after-life convo for the fun of it next time, no role. just so people can chat and make fun of the players.

The first noob game, the mentors and SOV seemed to have a great time making fun of y'all, so that seems to work.
ftfy

i disagree. I am the noob advocate!
I have infected WW with them. They are growing and spreading EVERYWHERE now.
Nothing can stop them taking over SDN.

(and you forgot Devyn)
yeah, but you seem to forget you were partaking in making fun of them.

In my defense, I didn't check the list to see who you were trying to catch up to, I just saw the post where you said your absence had caused you to drop and you were expecting a lot of likes during the game.

And hey, I went back and liked 15 of your posts that one day!

Reactions: 2 users
Yay! You have joined the dark side of the force.... finally!
@nohika sister, we did it!

She got me back by backstabbing me in the Mafia game. Grumble.

I think Star Wars still wins as one of my favourite games to play. Tortall as my favourite to mod.

I need to play more and stop disappearing. Although I will have to sit the next game out.

She got me back by backstabbing me in the Mafia game. Grumble.

I think Star Wars still wins as one of my favourite games to play. Tortall as my favourite to mod.

I need to play more and stop disappearing. Although I will have to sit the next game out.

That mafia game was awesome! :)

I tend to agree. I have more FUN when I'm doing something crazy.

I laughed and laughed and laughed after that. So much fun.

*super late*

Great game SOV! I had a lot of fun this game :) I was thinking about suiciding the first night but I decided to play a little bit. When I realized there were fake wolf accusations in the write ups it got me nervous that my sacrifice results would be ignored. I knew I had to confide in someone but for some reason I felt uneasy about my group haha oops. I knew I had to twist my role description around a little so the wolves wouldn't try to kill me the same night of my sacrifice. Sorry @Cyndia :p
And yes, I purposefully kept ignoring @Escalla ? (I can't remember) that kept trying to get me to copy my role description. I didn't want to take the chance. I probably could've found a better way to approach the situation but meh. But I'm happy it all worked out hehehe

And about my accusation of STL.. Someone had killed themselves the night before so I thought it might have been a player on the noob side with my same role and was fairly certain that the results would indicate a wolf. That was completely my fault. I had a blonde moment and had forgotten that the roles were paired up and earlier in the game I deduced mags was my counterpart because in the write up it said she wasn't able to use her ability... So sorry about that STL :(

*super late*

Great game SOV! I had a lot of fun this game :) I was thinking about suiciding the first night but I decided to play a little bit. When I realized there were fake wolf accusations in the write ups it got me nervous that my sacrifice results would be ignored. I knew I had to confide in someone but for some reason I felt uneasy about my group haha oops. I knew I had to twist my role description around a little so the wolves wouldn't try to kill me the same night of my sacrifice. Sorry @Cyndia :p
And yes, I purposefully kept ignoring @Escalla ? (I can't remember) that kept trying to get me to copy my role description. I didn't want to take the chance. I probably could've found a better way to approach the situation but meh. But I'm happy it all worked out hehehe

And about my accusation of STL.. Someone had killed themselves the night before so I thought it might have been a player on the noob side with my same role and was fairly certain that the results would indicate a wolf. That was completely my fault. I had a blonde moment and had forgotten that the roles were paired up and earlier in the game I deduced mags was my counterpart because in the write up it said she wasn't able to use her ability... So sorry about that STL :(
No worries, it was for the best anyway. Worst things have happened :p.
N