North Carolina jurisprudence exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

demonicr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken this exam? Do we really need to read that entire PDF file to pass this exam. Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have three attempts to take the NC jurisprudence exam and already failed twice, what should i do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I am starting dental residency this july at NC and state requires me to complete infection control exam and jurisprudence exam. Do any of you have material to study?? Any tips...

bump this, same here, is it a tough exam worth studying alot for or what?
Is the infection control easy?
Thanks for any help guys

I need to take the jurisprudence exam and the infection control/sterilization exam. Where can I get the information I need to study for these exams?

Anybody know how many questions are on the NC jurisprudence and infection control exams?

I printed the general statutes and the board rules from the North Carolina Dental Board website and reviewed briefly the some of the websites the board recommends for the infection control and sterilization. The test is divided in two parts - Dental Jurisprudence and infection control/sterilization.
Both parts of the exam are open book. :xf:

Hey I just passed my CITA board exam and have to pass the Law Exam to obtain my license and begin work. If anyone could help me out as I plan on taking it very soon, it would be greatly appreciated! If so, if you in return need anything I will do whatever I can to oblige! Thanks!

I am taking the Jurisprudence and sterilization exams and have heard it is not easy. Any advice on what to look at or study for this ?

I just passed the CITA exam and now I have the jurisprudence and infection control exams to take. I got something in the mail about how to take them, but I misplaced the papers in moving and I was wondering if anyone can direct me on where to study. I plan on calling tomorrow to get my number and password, and the paper I have to sign when I complete it. Any ideas on what to look over?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently trying to pass the Infection Control portion which I failed twice already. :( But I passed the Jurisdiction & Law part already. You should download the PDF files from the NC Board website and read over it. As for the infection control part...I'm not sure what else to study besides the CDC guidelines. I missed 6 each time.

hi kurt10, fairydoc

i am planning to take CITA exam in north carolina. I live out of state and wanted some information on whether you knew of any patient finding service in the north carolina /south carolina region.
Also if you knew of any good assistants in that area for the exam.

thanks.

Sorry Starwars 1, I can't answer that since I'm not located in NC yet. Have you tried Craigslist or posting through the dental school in Raleigh? That's what I did for my boards in California.

Does anyone know if when you retake the infection control test if the questions are the same or do they give you different test questions? I know its an open book test but with only 30 minutes to take the test it doesnt give you much time to start looking up answers.

Thanks for any help

is Hep b transmitted by saliva? some websites say yes some say no because not enough of the virus is present in saliva.I dont know what the right answer is

also does anyone know in what percent bacteria is reduced after handwashing?

Thanks

For the jurisprudence exam I found the PDF file helpful and this link also had a lot of the answers on it: http://www.ncdentalboard.org/FAQ1.htm#B. Dental Offices - Requirements and Procedures

For the infection control exam I used this site: http://www.cdc.gov/OralHealth/infectioncontrol/faq/index.htm
The infection control test was a little bit harder but I just used another computer to look up a lot of the questions during the exam and was able to find most of them pretty easily.

Hope this helps!

Can you take both sections at different time? How much time do you have? Do you have any remembered questions?

Thanks

The jurisprudence and infection control exams are pretty straight forward. You can take them at separate times. After you are sent a passcode to log into the NC Dental Board site, you can take the exam. It is timed and once you finish and pass, the main office will know. Take the time to print out the statues and laws, outline areas of importance and you should be fine. Also, go to www.ada.org and look up information on infection control or go to any website for OSHA. You'll fine endless amounts of information to get a passing score. You are welcomed to PM if you need more tips.

I have been trying to take the exam.I signed in, read the instructions, closed the tab. I click start and nothing opens up. What am i doing wrong? Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks

Hi! Does anyone know if the questions on the jurisprudence exam are the same the second time around? I didn't pass by one question last time, and I looked up all the questions I had marked. I think if the questions are the same I should be able to pass this time. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

Please send me your fax number. I can give you helpful information.
Hello,I am licensed dentitist and a recent graduate from Florida (NSU) and have just moved to Raliegh NC.Please can you help me too.I gave jurisdiction exam once and failed so wanted to know if there is any easy way of studying for this exam and not the whole pdf for the jurisdiction which is very long.Please help.My contact no is 954-655-0605. Also my Fax is 919-745-6301.(Pls put in attention Girish Hoogar)

Last edited:
Hi! Does anyone know if the questions on the jurisprudence exam are the same the second time around? I didn't pass by one question last time, and I looked up all the questions I had marked. I think if the questions are the same I should be able to pass this time. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!
Are the questions the same?

i will be attempting the nc dental jurisprudence exam for the 3rd time. any help would be greatly appreciated...please pm me!

I have failed the Jurisprudence exam twice already and I am getting very nervous.
I even read and highlighted that huge PDF but it doesn't contain all the answers... I don't know what to do next, please help me!!

Need help with the jurisprudence and infection control exam on my 3rd try and afraid!!! Please anyone help!!!! Also what happens if you fail 3 times anybody know????

I took jurisprudence twice , was pretty confident the 2nd time but got the same score "19" . Can anyone help ? I read the rules and statues twice now , don't know what else to do ? I am quite apprehensive to take it for the 3rd time !! Please help !!

I took jurisprudence twice , was pretty confident the 2nd time but got the same score "19" . Can anyone help ? I read the rules and statues twice now , don't know what else to do ? I am quite apprehensive to take it for the 3rd time !! Please help !!
Did you ever send my your email address for some tips???

Were the questions repeated on the jurisprudence exam? send me an email as [email protected]

Can you send me some tip for the NC jurisprudence and Sterilization and infection control exam

thank you

Last edited:
I did pass in my second attempt....
The key is to print out board laws and rules and review them in detail. Then organize the notes on laws with topics listed on a piece of paper on top so during the exam if you have to find something it makes it easy due to lack of time. I made sure that I write the alphabets of the particular law in bold so it was very visible during the exam. Also study the FAQs. Questions were repeated in my second exam.
Did the same thing for infection control.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5217a1.htm?mobile=nocontent
http://www.cdc.gov/OralHealth/infectioncontrol/faq/index.htm

I studied these two websites and printed it out to have it handy.

Hello

I also need some guidance on the Infection control exam. I only have one attempt left!
Any advice would be helpful please

Thanks