Not a for-sale ad!! Free Kindle version of Kaplan 7 book review (MCAT 2015) (Amazon.com)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fella

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this by accident. Click the link below, then click on the image to get a preview of the book. At the left, you'll see a link to "buy" a Kindle version for $0.00. If you don't have a Kindle, (which I don't), it saves to the Kindle Cloud, and you can access that online pretty much anywhere (though it doesn't work with "private browsing mode").

http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-Comple...d=1411765363&sr=8-1&keywords=kaplan+mcat+2015

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, they appear to be. They contain the sections about "psychology" and stuff that will be added in 2015.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if it was a mistake or not, but either way, I'd take advantage of it now before they end it.

If you don't have a Kindle, (which I don't), it saves to the Kindle Cloud, and you can access that online pretty much anywhere (though it doesn't work with "private browsing mode").
Also download Kindle for PC/Mac and you can view these things on iPad, iPhone, iTouch, or basically any device.

You deserve some kind of a medal. And I think you made the transition to 2015 that much easier for so many people.

Thanks a ton.

Reactions: 1 user
Also download Kindle for PC/Mac and you can view these things on iPad, iPhone, iTouch, or basically any device.

I use Linux, so afaik there's no Kindle App for us besides the online reader, which is fine. And I'm too poor for those other devices, but thanks for posting, I'm sure it helps others.

And thanks, Scorpi0. Haha. I was just trying to help out some folks. I love saving money, and thought y'all might as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
GOAT SDN THREAD

THANK YOU BASED FELLA

this is obviously some kind of error will amazon be able to take away our books once they fix it?

GOAT SDN THREAD

THANK YOU BASED FELLA

this is obviously some kind of error will amazon be able to take away our books once they fix it?

I honestly don't know. Presumably they have the technical capability to do so, but I believe they have a policy against it now. There was a similar situation a few years ago regarding the book 1984.

I think they finally took it down. I can't preview the book anymore!

I just looked and I can't either. I can't access my Kindle Cloud Reader from home for reasons unknown (probably something to do with using Linux), so Idk if amazon took it back. Next time I'm on campus, I'll check.

Haha. Let's hope.
Afraid of it disappearing? Low chance it'll happen, but if you're really worried, download calibre and back your Kindle **** up. De-DRMs automatically once added to library and downloads an additional, non-Amazon controlled copy on your computer.

I am afraid of that b/c of the incident with 1984 a few years back. That's a good idea! I use Calibri, but didn't know it supports the Kindle format.

Those of you who still have it, can you open it? I get an error message saying it can't be opened and to try again later. Also, how do I download it to Calibre, moop?

Those of you who still have it, can you open it? I get an error message saying it can't be opened and to try again later. Also, how do I download it to Calibre, moop?
Yes I can still open it. You have to find where your Kindle content is stored; search for a folder called "My Kindle Content." I don't know how you have calibre set up, but it should be able to get into the folder. Find the book (sort by "Date Added" b/c the default book names are like EBOK_AEIK73DKD, which don't tell you **** about what it is) and add it in. Google this stuff; very well documented.

Okay. Must just be a problem with my computer then. I use Calibre in German, so I'll have to figure this out.

It must have been a glitch because it's not free anymore. I wanted to save it in case I have to take the 2015 MCAT. Oh well.

I'm hoping someone can answer this. Since the exam is changing would people still buy older MCAT review books? I'm taking it in January and am hoping to get rid of my Berkeley + Princeton books if I do well.

I'm hoping someone can answer this. Since the exam is changing would people still buy older MCAT review books? I'm taking it in January and am hoping to get rid of my Berkeley + Princeton books if I do well.
The 4 basic sciences won't change all that much, so if people are smart enough, then yes. If they're dumb, then no.

If you're hoping to recoup some money by selling back your MCAT books to someone, then the odds are really slim that it would at all be worth it. You'd have to sell them so cheaply to convince someone to use old books. Honestly I'd just give them away for the good karma from the universe. Help out someone you know is struggling money-wise by giving them your old books and get a few points with the MCAT karma gods ;)

Pirated materials are not allowed to sold, loaned, purchased or otherwise offered on SDN. Users who engage in such activity are subject to administrative action and may, under threat of subpoena, have their SDN user information provided to authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.