Not a single interview invite yet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drthug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm getting kinda worried. i've been complete at most schools late September and early October, but i have not heard a peep from any of them. Anybody else in the same situation?

I'm from a top-tier undergrad, but my GPA isn't great (sub 3.2). I also don't have any research experience at all (but i do have clinical). Also my MCAT is in the high 30's. how long do you guys think adcoms normally take to give out interview invites post-completion?

thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm getting kinda worried. i've been complete at most schools late September and early October, but i have not heard a peep from any of them. Anybody else in the same situation?

I'm from a top-tier undergrad, but my GPA isn't great (sub 3.2). I also don't have any research experience at all (but i do have clinical). Also my MCAT is in the high 30's. how long do you guys think adcoms normally take to give out interview invites post-completion?

thanks everyone.

How many schools did you apply to?

I am in a similar situation as far as not getting any interviews yet. I've been complete since mid-August to late-September. I've received three rejections (one pre-secondary) and haven't heard anything from any of the others yet (other than my app is complete). My GPA and MCAT scores were good and I've had 2.5 yrs research experience in addition to a little over 1 yr volunteer experience.

I'm not too worried yet, though I would feel MUCH better if I heard something from someone (preferably interview invites of course) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in a similar situation as far as not getting any interviews yet. I've been complete since mid-August to late-September. I've received three rejections (one pre-secondary) and haven't heard anything from any of the others yet (other than my app is complete). My GPA and MCAT scores were good and I've had 2.5 yrs research experience in addition to a little over 1 yr volunteer experience.

I'm not too worried yet, though I would feel MUCH better if I heard something from someone (preferably interview invites of course) :)

Thanks Becca525. That makes me a feel a little better. I thought I was the only one w/out any invites so far. I've been checking my email religiously...as if I have developed OCD! haha

Nooooooooo worries, bro. You just got complete not too long ago. It's impossible for schools to even reach you apps yet. You'll be at the top of the pile in a couple weeks and you'll definitely get interviews (Really high MCAT + not too bad of a GPA from top college -- you're safe man).

Did you apply to 21 top tiers? If so that probably explains it, as your GPA is going to be a huge red flag for top tier schools. Not saying you don't have a shot, but early interviews are primarily numbers based, and even with a high 30s mcat you're going to be at a disadvantage.

Thanks Becca525. That makes me a feel a little better. I thought I was the only one w/out any invites so far. I've been checking my email religiously...as if I have developed OCD! haha

....a friend of mine is in the exact same position as me as well (she has one more secondary to complete). I feel your pain about the e-mail OCD...I seem to have developed that as well ;)

Most of the interviews come about one month after ur app completion.
So I wouldn't really worry about it. I bet adcomms are busy with flooding apps from august MCAT takers. Give it a month or two and you will have them. :)

Along the same lines...if it has been a couple months and you haven't heard anything, does that mean you've been put on hold? Or will they contact you with that information as well? I've been completed at NYMC for about two months now so I'm a little worried about that...others I've only been complete for about a month, month and a half. I checked the status online for all my schools, and no where does it say anything about being on hold (just says app complete).

Same with me... 32 MCAT with 3.85 GPA. Most files complete in Mid-Sept to late Sept. Still completing a few schools.
2 yrs of research, several short-term clinicals..., conference presentation,... wat else...?
Sick of being placed on hold... feeling like i dun have any chance at anywhere this year...
Does that help?

Most schools don't say about "ON HOLD" on web... call them and check...

Did you apply to 21 top tiers? If so that probably explains it, as your GPA is going to be a huge red flag for top tier schools. Not saying you don't have a shot, but early interviews are primarily numbers based, and even with a high 30s mcat you're going to be at a disadvantage.

Yea, I guess most of the schools I applied to are top-tier. I understand my low GPA will be a red-flag. But hopefully they'll see that I can handle the work with my MCAT score. I did apply to other non-top-tier schools, but my advisor told me that i might get rejected from them because of my undergrad institution + high MCAT (sounds ridiculous...but it does make sense too).

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks everyone.

I've been complete at my schools from a few days before october first to a few days after october first and I only have interviews from schools that send them early. I'm hoping to get more but for financial and family reasons I will take my first acceptance so I hope I don't need more interviews.

Think that's bad? I've been telling my friends not to email be between 8 and 5 since I've got an alarm setup to tell me when I get an email (at naught interviews). Gonna kill Borders for all the spam I get from them....

while the waiting really sucks, I think some school does take a while to process the apps such as UC schools. So don't loose hope. For me, worst comes to worst, I don't get into a single school this year. And that is not the end of the world. I try to mentally prepare for that and have a backup plan.

actually...i emailed UCSD, and they said my application is "On Hold"

I'm in the same boat, checking the email every half hour, running to my snail mail box every day... do they really need to make us pre-meds more neurotic than we already are???

sigh* I'm in the same boat with everyone else on this thread. Still no interview....:(

i was in the same boat- complete since Aug and no word. I finally stopped checking my email every 3 secs and got my first interview yesterday. Hang in there- it takes longer than you'd expect

It's funny actually, I was pretty calm about this whole thing until I discovered SDN and the OCD developed hahaha ;) Oh well, it's nice to hear from others in the same boat!