Not going the post Bacc route...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tltfdds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be frowned apon if I just enroll in my dental school pre reqs as a non-degree seeking student? The post bacc has a lot of useless classes and since I am paying out of pocket, I don't have the funds to pay for classes I dont need. Just want to stick with the bio, Chem and physics. I will take microbiology and human anatomy though since one of the schools in alloying to needs it. Has any one ever just enrolled eithout the post bacc?
This summer I will be taking bio l... I'm also a non-traditional student aswell.

Members don't see this ad.

I think that the majority of people go this route. As you said, much more cost effective.

Yes, I am non traditional and just taking classes at my local university. It is working out well for me..haven't had any issues scheduling classes.

Do it, that's what I did. No one asked me why I didn't enroll in a "traditional" post bacc. Also, heads up, you can't get loan money as a non-degree student, so if you need it, apply as a second degree undergrad. I stacked my labs on the same day and had one day off for studying or observing in a dental office and it worked well.