Not many Social Science or Humanity classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hunter3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got to an engineering school and I am majoring in Chemical and Biological engineering. Since its a technical school, most of the classes that I take are either biology or chemistry. I am a sophomore and have taken some non science classes.
Would med schools see this as a negative thing on the applications? Because I have heard that many medical schools want applicants to take diverse classes and some even say that you don't have to be science majors these days.

Please help me out so I can adjust my next semester's schedule accordingly.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I got to an engineering school and I am majoring in Chemical and Biological engineering. Since its a technical school, most of the classes that I take are either biology or chemistry. I am a sophomore and have taken some non science classes.
Would med schools see this as a negative thing on the applications? Because I have heard that many medical schools want applicants to take diverse classes and some even say that you don't have to be science majors these days.

Please help me out so I can adjust my next semester's schedule accordingly.

Thanks
Don't you have any 'core' requirements? If you do, then I think you should be covered humanities/non-science classes-wise.

You don't have to be a science major these days. However, it doesn't follow that you can't be a science major.

Take the classes you want and get good grades. It's the ECs that make you unique anyways.

They do want to see a variety of courses venturing into the humanities and social sciences. It is difficult to "squeeze" them in with engineering courses. Maybe you could take some humanities courses during the summer?