not much things on the CV of Letter from professor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willingtobedentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, My professor asked me resume and PS but I do not have things to write on resume other than school, major, shadowing and volunteer.

Is it normal problem that pre-dental student faced to?

I already looked up many template of CV and resume and I feel I need to write some more information.

Is there good things to write on?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

My full CV has my undergrad + grad schools (GPA, Honors college, major, and awards), my volunteer work, my internships/shadowing, my work experience, skills/certifications (SAS, Stata, R, SPSS, etc), and my research. Obviously I remove things to make it relevant for whatever I am using it for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had what organizations I volunteered with, where I worked (research, dental field), what I did in undergrad (GPA, honors college, major, and awards like fogorvostan), and what qualifications/certifications I had. Pretty much mirroring above.

Members don't see this ad :)
Name some easy certifications for that resume boost

Hi, My professor asked me resume and PS but I do not have things to write on resume other than school, major, shadowing and volunteer.

Is it normal problem that pre-dental student faced to?

I already looked up many template of CV and resume and I feel I need to write some more information.

Is there good things to write on?

Thank you

I think most professors understand that undergrad students don't really have that much to write on their resume since their professional careers are just about to take off.
That being said, I think I padded my resume talking about my work, volunteering, shadowing experiences as well as EC's. Anything to help them write my LOR.