Not sure what to do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SEL4992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an undergraduate student in Ontario and a month ago I had my first midterm in Neuroscience (a mandatory course for my program) and I didn't do spectacular and I just recently took my last midterm in the class and I feel very apprehensive about how I did. I was wondering, as the voluntary withdrawal is coming up soon, if I drop down from a course load of 5 courses to 4 courses (second year, second semester) will that look bad when I go to apply for med-school in a couple years in comparison to a low mark?

As a side note; I am going to be applying within Ontario for med-school most likely but if there is any difference in other provinces or in the US that would be good to know too.

:) thanks

Members don't see this ad.

One withdrawal is going to be relatively insignificant to your application as a whole. If you don't think you can manage at least a B in the course you might want to consider withdrawing (though I wouldn't make a habit of it).

With regards to Ontario's med school, I have very little experience with the Canadian schools so I won't offer my two cents.