Not taking Orgo 2(prereq) before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daitong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will not take biochem until my senior year, and I'm currently a junior applying for the upcoming cycle. I'm an engineer and I frankly haven't had room for it alongside my core classes, so it's not like I'm trying to "hide" an Orgo 2 grade in my GPA (A in Orgo 1). Would that be a big issue for adcoms, even though I will have completed the course before matriculation? I have a 3.8+/36 and I don't want to jeopardize the upcoming cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Finish it before matriculation and you'll be set.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

I will not take biochem until my senior year, and I'm currently a junior applying for the upcoming cycle. I'm an engineer and I frankly haven't had room for it alongside my core classes, so it's not like I'm trying to "hide" an Orgo 2 grade in my GPA (A in Orgo 1). Would that be a big issue for adcoms, even though I will have completed the course before matriculation? I have a 3.8+/36 and I don't want to jeopardize the upcoming cycle.

Thanks in advance.
You are a junior engineering student and you haven't taken Ochem? Which major are you in? It was a freshman/sophomore requirement for my school.

You should be fine. Have you taken the mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are a junior engineering student and you haven't taken Ochem? Which major are you in? It was a freshman/sophomore requirement for my school.

You should be fine. Have you taken the mcat?

OP listed MCAT score in what you quoted.

OP: you're solid. Take Orgo II before you graduate and you should be set. No need to blow a good thing.

OP listed MCAT score in what you quoted.

OP: you're solid. Take Orgo II before you graduate and you should be set. No need to blow a good thing.
I am must be blind :/

No wonder I could never get a good score on VR, I keep skipping important things.

I am must be blind :/

No wonder I could never get a good score on VR, I keep skipping important things.

Ha, tbf, this isn't terribly important to anyone but the OP. ;)