Note to future psychologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawgiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dont help torture other people. Other than being a crime against humanity you might get sued.

https://aclu-wa.org/blog/aclu-sues-psychologists-who-designed-and-ran-cia-torture-program

Lawgiver....ever heard of the Hippocratic Oath?? (Hint: Above all, do no harm, or in the case above, design harm to self or others.) :uhno: We take it too..only not as formally as medical folks (i.e., we're usually not sworn in in hoards). Also, we take Ethics classes...DAY 1.

Thanks for the free legal advice anyway.:whoa:

Dont help torture other people. Other than being a crime against humanity you might get sued.

https://aclu-wa.org/blog/aclu-sues-psychologists-who-designed-and-ran-cia-torture-program
Unfortunately, the two "psychologists" who were involved in this scheme made millions. The rest of us poor slobs who work hard trying to help our patients and advance the science are lucky to get 100k a year in salary. I am confused by the point of your post. Should I go on the medical forum and snarkily advise them to not prescribe propofol to famous people for sleep problems?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh sure, NOW you tell me.

Oh sure, NOW you tell me.

memo-meme-generator-you-mean-you-didn-t-get-the-memo-2d4576.jpg

Attachments

• memo-meme-generator-you-mean-you-didn-t-get-the-memo-2d4576.jpg
    memo-meme-generator-you-mean-you-didn-t-get-the-memo-2d4576.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: 1 user

Thank you for that insightful and well reasoned post. I don't know where this forum (or frankly the profession) would be without your thoughts. We are frankly better people for having read your post in its entirety and pondered the deep meaning of such masterfully crafted words. It wouldn't be hyperbole to declare your post a work of art. In case I wasn't clear, thank you for all that you do for humanity. Generations to come will write poetry in your honor.

Thank you for that insightful and well reasoned post. I don't know where this forum (or frankly the profession) would be without your thoughts. We are frankly better people for having read your post in its entirety and pondered the deep meaning of such masterfully crafted words. It wouldn't be hyperbole to declare your post a work of art. In case I wasn't clear, thank you for all that you do for humanity. Generations to come will write poetry in your honor.

T4C, flattery will get you everywhere....

BTW: I want poetry composed in my honor...quickly, let me dig up some stories on the internet. Maybe the Onion has some good ones...or DailyMail.co.uk.

And that makes two posts (one the original, and your response) that we all could have done without.

Someone is cranky today.
Not in the least. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and stupidity of that comment. It's interesting that I was attacking the comment, and you went ad hominem. Bummer.

Not in the least. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and stupidity of that comment. It's interesting that I was attacking the comment, and you went ad hominem. Bummer.

Okay, I may have been lambasting. But I get cranky too sometimes (so emulating what I felt)...and we were having fun with our Vulcan chap (who likes cats). :cat:

Calling it a draw with you too, LAPsyGuy. Isn't someone's avatar called Peacemaker around here? That's my ultimate nature. :angelic: I'm not into causing discord with anyone on SDN. I reserve that right to be confrontational in person and real life, where I can thoroughly debate whatever out...eye to eye. ;)