NOVA or UIWRSO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureod2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Future OD's,
I have been accepted into NOVA southeastern and UIWRSO (San Antonio). I live in texas though, so I feel as though SA is a better choice because it's closer to home, but I know NOVA is a great school. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Be prepared for this response because everyone will tell you this: established accredited school with long history of successful graduates (NOVA) vs. new school (UIWRSO). Good luck!

Would you like to watch the Heat or the Spurs for the next 4 years?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to both too and decided on NOVA because it is closer to home compared to where I am now (west coast). Both are great schools though. If you would like to stay in Texas with your family, I'd pick UIWRSO.

Heat & spurs are fun to watch but irrevalant haha.

Since UIWRSO is accredited now I would think it would be fine. I'm just confused, other insights on comparing the two schools? What do you guys think

That's great, congrats! Did you think that UIWRSO has really stepped up though? What in particular did you like about the school

established accredited school with long history of successful graduates (NOVA) vs. new school (UIWRSO)
QwqhZC

I am also from Texas and I am choosing Nova over UIWRSO. I am sad to leave Texas but I think Nova has a better OD program and tuition is about the same. It is really up to you which school you like better but you won't be the only one from Texas if you choose Nova! :)

Nova currently has a better reputation that UIWRSO, mainly because of it's long history, while UIWRSO has just been recently accredited. Both have great programs and facilities, but if being away from home is not a problem for you, I would choose Nova. If you won't feel comfortable with such a big change, then definitely choose UIWRSO. It's important to choose the school in which you will feel most comfortable in, as you will be more motivated to learn, and thus more successful in your studies.

Hello Future OD's,
I have been accepted into NOVA southeastern and UIWRSO (San Antonio). I live in texas though, so I feel as though SA is a better choice because it's closer to home, but I know NOVA is a great school. What do you guys think?
Hey, did you end up going to UIWRSO? I just got accepted to UIWRSO and I am debating going there or MCPHS. If you did end up going to UIWRSO could you tell me about your experience at the school?