Nova SE vs Emory???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItemN9ne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently accepted into Nova SE DPT program starting this summer and am anxiously awaiting any news from Emory. My question is which school would be the best choice. I am a Georgia native and know a lot about Emory but know very little of Nova SE. Here are my thoughts:

***Emory***
GOOD
- research opportunities
- facilities
BAD
- tuition (although not MUCH more than Nova SE
- I don't know whether I'm in or not lol...

***Nova SE***
GOOD
- program from what I can tell
- great area
- same cost for out of state students
- i've been accepted
BAD
- haven't visited the area
- have not been able to meet with any faculty (interview was phone call)

Basically, if anyone has ANY insight on the Nova SE program that would aid me in my decision that would be excellent. I will keep you posted on whether I get into Emory or not but as of now I do not know. Thanks again and if you have any questions for me, I'll be sure to answer.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats~
i'm applying to emory and interested in the school...
tell me how it goes

Hey, thanks... I will do that. Goodluck when applying to Emory. The campus is beautiful, I definitely recommend taking a campus tour.

when did you have your interview for Emory? i got waitlisted at Emory due to the Fall 2010 class being full but was recommended from the admissions committee to be put on the waiting list. but the waiting list isn't ranked, it's just a pool of applicants that they'll look at again when someone declines the invitation.

due to being accepted into Univ of St Aug, i emailed Monica and let her know to just take me off the waiting list to help other applicant's chances of getting in. but good luck with Emory, i hope the class isn't full. (i have a feeling they just told me that and have a couple of seats reserved for the late interview class, although Monica and Dr. Johanson have told me that usually by mid Feb, mid March, the class is usually full but still interview applicants in case someone declines)

good luck! hope you hear from emory soon