Nova Southeastern MBS Program 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Master2Doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have recently received an interview invite for Nova's MBS program (DO track) and I didn't see the 2014 thread so I thought I'd start this one.

I submitted the first week of January, as soon as the application opened up. I was complete within a week.

ii today, 3/25

I'll be interviewing next Friday. If anyone has any pointers on what to expect for the interview feel free to chime in, TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was also invited for an interview and will be going next monday. Good luck!

I also got invited for an interview (for the dental track), if anyone else in this thread is applying for the dental track it would be nice to get this thread going :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I have recently received an interview invite for Nova's MBS program (DO track) and I didn't see the 2014 thread so I thought I'd start this one.

I submitted the first week of January, as soon as the application opened up. I was complete within a week.

ii today, 3/25

I'll be interviewing next Friday. If anyone has any pointers on what to expect for the interview feel free to chime in, TIA!
As in April 4 you'll be interviewing?

Hello all,

ii today, 3/25

+1

Undergrad institution screwed up my transcripts so I'm waiting for the interview invitation still.

I'll keep everyone posted. Until then..

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Hello,

Does anyone know if they have started sending rejections and till when they will be sending interview invites?

Thanks.

Hello,

Does anyone know if they have started sending rejections and till when they will be sending interview invites?

Thanks.

I don't think they send out rejections right away. Nova usually waits until the end of the application cycle to send out rejections if at all, it's like that for their DO program anyway.

All of the interview dates listed are for this month only, acceptances usually go out middle of May - so my guess is they send out invites this month until all of the interview spots are filled up.

Anyone out there interviewing this Thursday? Good luck if so!

Good luck Thursday interviewees !

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone that can tell us specifics about the interview process? Is it very similar to a med school interview? What are some things they're looking to find out? What is the entire day like? Any bit of information would be helpful.. I just want to know what to expect next week and be as well prepared as possible! Thanks

Is there anyone that can tell us specifics about the interview process? Is it very similar to a med school interview? What are some things they're looking to find out? What is the entire day like? Any bit of information would be helpful.. I just want to know what to expect next week and be as well prepared as possible! Thanks

Hey guys! I interviewed today. It's honestly not bad at all. The students will give you a tour in the beginning of the facility and then around 10 you'll have your interview. My group today was only 5 people. I heard there are about 7 interview dates in total. The best advice you'll get is to just be yourself and to be completely upfront and honest about everything :) for the most part they really just want to get to know you and your interest in the program. Our interviews each lasted about 15 minutes

Hey guys! I interviewed today. It's honestly not bad at all. The students will give you a tour in the beginning of the facility and then around 10 you'll have your interview. My group today was only 5 people. I heard there are about 7 interview dates in total. The best advice you'll get is to just be yourself and to be completely upfront and honest about everything :) for the most part they really just want to get to know you and your interest in the program. Our interviews each lasted about 15 minutes

thank you so much! So with your info its safe to assume that they're interview around 35 people and they accept about 18, correct?

I interviewed today. The tour was phenomenal and the M1 and MBS students are wonderful. When it's interview time they constantly come to talk to you and ask if you have any questions. Overall they were very supportive. The interview was laid back in that the questions weren't too serious however for someone who only took the MCAT once such as myself they were critical of but not necessarily for bad reasons. Just answer the questions honestly though. My thinking is that even with some oversights the fact that you got an interview means that they were aware of it regardless and you are still there interviewing. From what most of the former students said they mostly want to make sure you're not a loner or anything weird like that.

Has anyone received an interview invite for the dental MBS program?

I also got invited for an interview (for the dental track), if anyone else in this thread is applying for the dental track it would be nice to get this thread going :)

I applied for the dental track but haven't received an interview invite yet. When is your interview?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the last day is for NOVA to send interview invites? I haven't received an invite for interview yet and I am wondering if they already stopped calling.

Hey guys I have no clue if any dental students have interviewed, but from what I have been told, the interview groups should be a mix of both med/dental students. (Mine wasn't but the group of current MBS students made it seem like it usually wasn't like that).

I heard that the last interview date is April 25th. I would hope they would give us at least a weeks notice for scheduling purposes.

From what I've been told, there will be more interview invites sent out soon and more dates...don't know until what date exactly, or how many, but I believe invites are still going out.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the info Good luck to everyone!!!!!

I applied for the dental track but haven't received an interview invite yet. When is your interview?

I applied for the dental track also and I haven't heard back either. Maybe they split it into pre-med and pre-dental students and maybe they've only started calling pre-med students! I have no clue, but good luck to you! Hopefully we interview together!!!!

For the pre-meds that got an interview about how long after you received an email did you get a call or email back for an interview?

I applied for the dental track also and I haven't heard back either. Maybe they split it into pre-med and pre-dental students and maybe they've only started calling pre-med students! I have no clue, but good luck to you! Hopefully we interview together!!!!

Thanks, good luck to you as well! I heard that they make their decisions early to mid May so we should be hearing something about interviews soon! :)

For the pre-meds that got an interview about how long after you received an email did you get a call or email back for an interview?

Hey I submitted my app in mid Jan and I received an email regarding my interview in mid march. Another premed student that was in my group sent his app in March and said he received an interview invite like within a week or 2. Hope this helps answer your question!

Hey I submitted my app in mid Jan and I received an email regarding my interview in mid march. Another premed student that was in my group sent his app in March and said he received an interview invite like within a week or 2. Hope this helps answer your question!
THanks!

Just to clarify for you guys.. I had an interview and there was a pre-dental student in my interview group

Hey guys! I received an interview invite! :) Did anyone else receive an interview invite this week?

Congratulations and good luck to all the interviewees!!

I got a phone call from NSU on March 31st that they have received all documents but I have not been called for an interview yet. This program looks amazing so I hope I do get an interview invite!!

Hey guys! I received an interview invite! :) Did anyone else receive an interview invite this week?

CONGRATS! If you don't mind me asking, when was your application fully complete?

Finally have my application complete! (The day before the deadline, smh) Apparently my DAT scores were misplaced for the past month n half. Anyways, hope its not too late for an interview, especially as a Pre-dent student!

Finally have my application complete! (The day before the deadline, smh) Apparently my DAT scores were misplaced for the past month n half. Anyways, hope its not too late for an interview, especially as a Pre-dent student!

One of my transcript are in the process of getting sent and reviewed. I have been trying to contact Mrs. Marleyn ... I'm super nervous about it. Does anyone know when interviews end for pre dents?

One of my transcript are in the process of getting sent and reviewed. I have been trying to contact Mrs. Marleyn ... I'm super nervous about it. Does anyone know when interviews end for pre dents?

From what I've read, there are a set number of seats for Pre-med and Pre-dent students (Pre-dent students having only ~8-9seats). I'm pretty sure interviews are given out till those seats are filled. As far as transcripts, mine were processed about 1-1.5 weeks after I had them sent. Good luck, hope all goes well!

Anyone have any ones contact info to ask about application status?

1-800-356-0026 ext. 21101 ... Got that number from the lady that called to tell me that my application was complete.

From what I heard, the last interview day is May 2nd.

From what I heard, the last interview day is May 2nd.
thank you. I finally got in contact with her and she said that they are still looking at applications and that they are going to continue doing interviews until they decide to stop. That wasn't much help but at least they're still looking at the application. I wish they would have told me that they were missing one of my transcript. But where did you hear this information from? :)

thank you. I finally got in contact with her and she said that they are still looking at applications and that they are going to continue doing interviews until they decide to stop. That wasn't much help but at least they're still looking at the application. I wish they would have told me that they were missing one of my transcript. But where did you hear this information from? :)
When I scheduled my interview the last available day was May 2nd.

I am interviewing April 23rd, I know for sure there are no interviews this week and the last interview might be the one on May 2nd(since they make the final decision MidMay)

I am interviewing April 23rd, I know for sure there are no interviews this week and the last interview might be the one on May 2nd(since they make the final decision MidMay)
Good luck with your interview! Let us know how it goes! :)

Any new interview invitations?

Still waiting for mine, application considered complete last week.

My application was complete as of April 1st...still did not hear anything back

I visited the college yesterday since I was in the area and spoke with Miss Medina. She said as of now, the last interview date is May 2. She also told me that depending on the applicant pool, they may make more interview dates or decide to stop sending interview invites altogether.

It really all depends on how many "good" applicants they received/interviewed already. If they feel they need more interviewees they'll make more dates. So as of now we can only sit back and wait.

She really didn't give me much information besides that. But as of now they're "still in the process of reviewing applications."

Reactions: 1 users