Nova Southeastern MBS Program 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my application feb 20th, still have not heard anything back yet. But I had a interview there for their dental school in December and really liked the school.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application feb 20th, still have not heard anything back yet. But I had a interview there for their dental school in December and really liked the school.
Did you get confirmation that your application is complete? I think they emailed me and called me to inform me that my application was complete.

Did you get confirmation that your application is complete? I think they emailed me and called me to inform me that my application was complete.

Yes I got a call shortly after I submitted it. I meant to say I didnt hear back with a status update lolI went ahead and emailed them last week anyways and they said its still under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I got a call shortly after I submitted it. I meant to say I didnt hear back with a status update lolI went ahead and emailed them last week anyways and they said its still under review.
Good! At least you know you have done every thing.

Best of luck to all who are interviewing this week! :)

I visited the college yesterday since I was in the area and spoke with Miss Medina. She said as of now, the last interview date is May 2. She also told me that depending on the applicant pool, they may make more interview dates or decide to stop sending interview invites altogether.

It really all depends on how many "good" applicants they received/interviewed already. If they feel they need more interviewees they'll make more dates. So as of now we can only sit back and wait.

She really didn't give me much information besides that. But as of now they're "still in the process of reviewing applications."
Thank you!! this was very helpful.

I'm flying in from Minnesota for an interview on Thursday (2/24). I read on Nova's website that they have a free shuttle system to and from the airport; does anyone know how this works?

Hey everyone,

I just received an interview invitation e-mail. I scheduled for Friday May 2nd. They're also available dates on Monday 4/28 and Wednesday 4/30.

For those still waiting for an invite, don't give up hope. There's still spots left!

Also, good luck to everyone that's interviewing this week!!

Reactions: 1 users
So my application has been complete since April 1st, still nothing back.

Anyone know of anyone directly I can ask about the status of my application, not the operators?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Hey everyone,

I just received an interview invitation e-mail. I scheduled for Friday May 2nd. They're also available dates on Monday 4/28 and Wednesday 4/30.

For those still waiting for an invite, don't give up hope. There's still spots left!

Also, good luck to everyone that's interviewing this week!!

Congrats! I'm interviewing May 2nd as well! I look forward to meeting you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
So my application has been complete since April 1st, still nothing back.

Anyone know of anyone directly I can ask about the status of my application, not the operators?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Try contacting Marleyn Madina. She's one of the admissions counselor. I don't have her number on hand, but search for it online. I'm sure its there. Or call the people at the desk and see if they can connect you to her. But overall, she's the one you'd wanna talk to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try contacting Marleyn Madina. She's one of the admissions counselor. I don't have her number on hand, but search for it online. I'm sure its there. Or call the people at the desk and see if they can connect you to her. But overall, she's the one you'd wanna talk to.

Thanks

Hello everyone! Just curious to anyone that interviewed already. Are the interviews panel interview, group interview, or one-on-one?

Has anyone received an interview date past may 2nd? My application was complete on April 15. I haven't heard anything back and May 2nd is so close, I'm starting to worry.

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking for your interview how many people were on the panel? What time was the whole process over?
No problem! There were five people on my panel, and the interviews were complete by about 12:30-1:00

No problem! There were five people on my panel, and the interviews were complete by about 12:30-1:00
Thanks so much for the information! One last question...when you say the interview was laid back, do you mean that everyone was friendly or the questions were not that intense? I am super nervous right now lol

Thanks so much for the information! One last question...when you say the interview was laid back, do you mean that everyone was friendly or the questions were not that intense? I am super nervous right now lol
Haha understandable! I mean that all of the faculty and students are really friendly and welcoming. As far as the interview goes, just be yourself and don't try to fabricate answers that you think they might want to hear. My interview questions were straightforward, and no one else in my interview group said anything about any off-the-wall questions.

Haha understandable! I mean that all of the faculty and students are really friendly and welcoming. As far as the interview goes, just be yourself and don't try to fabricate answers that you think they might want to hear. My interview questions were straightforward, and no one else in my interview group said anything about any off-the-wall questions.
Thank you so much!

Would anyone be kind enough to share some information about the individuals on the interviewing panel? Who exactly is conducting the interviews? Thanks a lot everyone :)

I think it varies but Dr Dribin heads most of the discussion..

Does anyone know where we are suppose to meet on interview day?

Terry building.. It's a big marble building in the second entrance to NOVA heading south on University Ave. Follow the cars to the parking garage and park there then walk to the Terry building. You cant miss it..Good luck everyone interviewing!!

Terry building.. It's a big marble building in the second entrance to NOVA heading south on University Ave. Follow the cars to the parking garage and park there then walk to the Terry building. You cant miss it..Good luck everyone interviewing!!

Thank you!

Great job to all who interviewed! Hopefully we will hear from the admissions committee soon! :)

Does anyone if they've decided to add additional interview groups past May 2?

We are in finals week (the tour guides) so I don't think there will be more interviews, sorry =/

Does anyone know when they begin accepting students who have interviewed?

I just got the call from Dr. Dribin!! Good luck to everyone! Hope to see you this Fall

Congrats everyone!!

Congrats all. Hope to hear from them soon!

I was an MBS student this year from 2013-2014. Congratulations on all those accepted so far! Those who haven't heard anything yet, have faith! There's still time (until July). If for whatever reason, you don't get in: I strongly advice you to contact Dr. Dribin so she can further advice you on how to strengthen your application for next year. There are students every year, both premed and predental, that applied multiple times before and get in. DON'T GIVE UP! Good luck!

There's a Facebook page for next year's MBS class, please contact me for details.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I am so nervous, I interviewed on April 25. I still haven't heard anything yet. Good luck to all and congrats to those who were accepted.

I am so nervous, I interviewed on April 25. I still haven't heard anything yet. Good luck to all and congrats to those who were accepted.

Same here!! I'm worried that they sent out all the acceptances last Friday. Did they give you guys a deadline on when to respond to your acceptance?

I heard that there are still 2 spots open for dental applicants.

Congrats to those accepted already! haven't heard anything either but sometimes people give up spots! maybe no news is good news! fingers crossed! +pity+:luck:

yeah me too! lets hope people give up spots! still hope :luck:

Hang in there, I know for a fact that some people are still deciding between programs

thanks for the hope Drmo0se! maybe med school movement will allow them to open up more spots

message deleted by user

Last edited: