Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just did the same thing out of curiosity and was able to obtain a pin. I'm fishing for anything right now haha

Me too! Lets hope it means something! Only way we would know is to ask someone who was recently rejected to checking if they could get their pin?

https://www.nova.edu/sbin/nsulookup/ac/sharklook

Anybody willing to help out in this experiment?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! Lets hope it means something! Only way we would know is to ask someone who was recently rejected to checking if they could get their pin?

Im not sure what it means... I wasnt rejected, but i am on the waitlist as of November and I interviewed 9/24 and it let me access it, hopefully its good news though!! I cant wait til they start pulling off the waitlist.. The wait is killing me.

Also on the waitlist, also can retrieve it; however, when I used the info to log in, it then said my account was disabled...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was not accepted post-interview (not sure if rejected or waitlist yet) and I cannot retrieve an id or pin.

Also on the waitlist, also can retrieve it; however, when I used the info to log in, it then said my account was disabled...
Was your webstar or sharklink account disabled? I was able to login into webstar but not sharklink

I've yet to hear anything back and I interviewed on January 21st and I wasn't able to get my pin using either method on that site. Not really sure what any of this means. Honestly wish they could just take our info over the phone and let us know the decision. Waiting for a letter in the mail is so archaic.

Was your webstar or sharklink account disabled? I was able to login into webstar but not sharklink

Sharklink said disabled, I can still go on to webstar and just see that they have all my application materials, nothing changed there since August when I interviewed.

Kind of wish this was never brought up as I'm sure it's psyching a lot of people out when we really have no idea what any of it means.

Kind of wish this was never brought up as I'm sure it's psyching a lot of people out when we really have no idea what any of it means.

I completely understand your point, but this is what happens when you leave an interview with the explicit understanding that you will be given a punctual answer and then keep us in the dark for 3 months. We've all turned into crazy detectives looking for clues where they don't exist.

Reactions: 4 users
I've yet to hear anything back and I interviewed on January 21st and I wasn't able to get my pin using either method on that site. Not really sure what any of this means. Honestly wish they could just take our info over the phone and let us know the decision. Waiting for a letter in the mail is so archaic.
I can't retrieve my NSU ID and pin either, and my decision is still pending.

I completely understand your point, but this is what happens when you leave an interview with the explicit understanding that you will be given a punctual answer and then keep us in the dark for 3 months. We've all turned into crazy detectives looking for clues where they don't exist.
Yeah I believe the quote at my interview was "except a decision in 3-4 weeks, but it could be 6-8 as we are very busy." Meanwhile 12 weeks later we are hoping that a PIN number means we're accepted and one person hears the class is full and the next hears that we'll be getting snail mail sometime "soon."

Reactions: 2 users

Oh my gosh yes... this forum is keeping me sane because I feel like it's my only source of information... and yet it's also driving me CRAZY because it's all just theories until we get a letter (or some other form of communication...) stating 'Yes, No, or Wait-some-more-list'. In the meantime though, I recommend we just do our best to stay busy!! (and get outside to enjoy the sunshine!) :)

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email in mid december saying they were missing documents ie final transcripts. For my group(october interviews) it seems that was the first official sign of admission, it took another 4 weeks, yes 4 weeks to get an admission packet in the mail despite being told it was in the mail before new years, i got it at the end of January... Have hope, its not over yet and a bunch of you could very well be getting acceptance packets in the mail, it seems like from what people have posted here Nova changes their MO every month so who knows, don't count yourselves out just yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email in mid december saying they were missing documents ie final transcripts. For my group(october interviews) it seems that was the first official sign of admission, it took another 4 weeks, yes 4 weeks to get an admission packet in the mail despite being told it was in the mail before new years, i got it at the end of January... Have hope, its not over yet and a bunch of you could very well be getting acceptance packets in the mail, it seems like from what people have posted here Nova changes their MO every month so who knows, don't count yourselves out just yet

Had they told you in mid-December that you had been accepted or that there was something in the mail?

Yeah I believe the quote at my interview was "except a decision in 3-4 weeks, but it could be 6-8 as we are very busy." Meanwhile 12 weeks later we are hoping that a PIN number means we're accepted and one person hears the class is full and the next hears that we'll be getting snail mail sometime "soon."

Called today and was told that my application had been placed on the alternate list. Perhaps you can call and find out as well.
My issue with this process is that I interviewed all the way back in February 4th and I am just now being told that I am on a wait list. What's the point? The class is apparently full according to many comments on here.
I just don't understand the point of being wait listed this late in the cycle. Anyone know if there is a max number of students that are placed in this pool? Because it seems hundreds of applicants were placed here.

Worst 2 months of my life. But apparently that is nothing compared to what these Spring interviewees are going through

Reactions: 1 users
Called today and was told that my application had been placed on the alternate list. Perhaps you can call and find out as well.
My issue with this process is that I interviewed all the way back in February 4th and I am just now being told that I am on a wait list. What's the point? The class is apparently full according to many comments on here.
I just don't understand the point of being wait listed this late in the cycle. Anyone know if there is a max number of students that are placed in this pool? Because it seems hundreds of applicants were placed here.

If you don't mind me asking, were you able to obtain a nsu pin and access the secure area on webstar? It would be greatly appreciated as we can use the information to support our crazy theories.

I
I am sorry to hear that, wish you good luck! Did you speak to the admission councelor or a student at HPD number?

Had they told you in mid-December that you had been accepted or that there was something in the mail?
I called and asked what the missing documents were that the email referred to and she said my final transcripts, they dont ask for that unless accepted then was told I would get something in the mail soon.

I Am so frustrated with nova. I just called and was told that a letter was sent out on march 18. I emailed and received a response from Melissa Lawton on behalf of Linda ferris march 27 stating "Currently there is no new information concerning your application it is "pending " a decision from the committee. The committee is still reviewing files and will continue to do so in the upcoming weeks. "
What is going on???????

I Am so frustrated with nova. I just called and was told that a letter was sent out on march 18. I emailed and received a response from Melissa Lawton on behalf of Linda ferris march 27 stating "Currently there is no new information concerning your application it is "pending " a decision from the committee. The committee is still reviewing files and will continue to do so in the upcoming weeks. "
What is going on???????
It may be a college-wide conspiracy. I'm actually starting to think they are trying to mentally break us as a weeding out process.

If you don't mind me asking, were you able to obtain a nsu pin and access the secure area on webstar? It would be greatly appreciated as we can use the information to support our crazy theories.
Just tried it, and no I cant secure a pin. Maybe that means you got in.

Just tried it, and no I cant secure a pin. Maybe that means you got in.
I appreciate it. Sorry things didn't work out for you with nova, I wish you luck with the remainder of this cycle. As for the pin meaning anything, I'm still hesitant to speculate at this point

Nova in a nutshell:

I appreciate it. Sorry things didn't work out for you with nova, I wish you luck with the remainder of this cycle. As for the pin meaning anything, I'm still hesitant to speculate at this point

Nova in a nutshell:

I just laughed something fierce.... thanks for that, CoolBreeze!

For the people that can access the secure area, is the only tab available the one for financial aide? It's super weird because they are requesting a form from me but it was labelled 4 weeks after my interview in February.

For the people that can access the secure area, is the only tab available the one for financial aide? It's super weird because they are requesting a form from me but it was labelled 4 weeks after my interview in February.
There's 3 tabs. Personal Info, Student, and Fin Aid

I have a form on mine that was dated 3/22/13

i interview feb. 6th and was told a couple days ago on the phone that a decision was made march 31 and that it's in the mail. still can't access the shark link page. when i try to enter via my social security or nsu id, it says i can't be found. not feeling so hot about that.

is that the page everyone's talking about?

i interview feb. 6th and was told a couple days ago on the phone that a decision was made march 31 and that it's in the mail. still can't access the shark link page. when i try to enter via my social security or nsu id, it says i can't be found. not feeling so hot about that.

yes

I was accepted, paid my deposit and everything. I can't access sharklink or webstar at all. I changed my password and everything, it still says I entered it incorrectly. Then I got locked out of webstar for entering my PIN "wrong" 5 times in a row.

bill brasky you just made me feel a lot better thank you. this thread is making me emotionally unstable

Guys I know it's tempting and you can't help it, but try not to read into anything. It will seriously drive you insane. Do something to take your mind off the app process. If you've been accepted somewhere else and are waiting for NSU's decision, just assume for now that you're going to go to that other school and plan accordingly. If getting into NSU is the difference between going to med school in the fall and reapplying, then just assume for now that you're going to reapply. Start preparing for the next application cycle and get your app in the first day. It sucks waiting in limbo, but what's even worse is waiting until summer to get in, not getting in, and then getting screwed over for the next cycle because of a late app.

Good luck to those of you waiting for a decision, and hang in there.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys I know it's tempting and you can't help it, but try not to read into anything. It will seriously drive you insane. Do something to take your mind off the app process. If you've been accepted somewhere else and are waiting for NSU's decision, just assume for now that you're going to go to that other school and plan accordingly. If getting into NSU is the difference between going to med school in the fall and reapplying, then just assume for now that you're going to reapply. Start preparing for the next application cycle and get your app in the first day. It sucks waiting in limbo, but what's even worse is waiting until summer to get in, not getting in, and then getting screwed over for the next cycle because of a late app.

Any inkling on whether or not getting accepted off of the alternate list is random? I am wondering why they would even accept "updates" if random ;)

Any inkling on whether or not getting accepted off of the alternate list is random? I am wondering why they would even accept "updates" if random ;)
I highly doubt it's random, I'm sure they have people ranked. I have a hard time believing they view every waitlisted person on an equal playing field.

I was accepted, paid my deposit and everything. I can't access sharklink or webstar at all. I changed my password and everything, it still says I entered it incorrectly. Then I got locked out of webstar for entering my PIN "wrong" 5 times in a row.

LOL I was accepted, paid my deposit and everything. I can access sharklink and webstar but can't access my email at all. I can't change my password. I can't sign an on-campus contract.

Some current student said Nova takes care of these things at the last minutes, right before school starts. It seems so disorganized of them to do this.

Is that what they said? Maybe they meant selecting the files to re-review is random but when they actually decide who to accept from that pile of files they actually deliberate and discuss the pros and cons of each applicant.

I did that when I applied. It happens to the best of us.

Thanks a lot for this. Best post in a long time in this thread. Something I desperately needed to hear from someone other than my family and friends.

So today I got a mail that is dated April 4 and it says missing financial aid documents. I dont know if I'm accepted or rejected but I get this in the mail. I am so confused. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I need to know for sure so I can start preparing for the next cycle but dont want to waste money on test prep. I am so frustrated. Calling and emailing doesn't help; they just say wait for the mail's response.

Also I have access to the secure area thing as well.

Did you do FAFSA and added Nova as a school?

Anybody can have access to the secure area as long as they use their NSU ID, which is given when you submit your secondary app and retrieve your pin number which they send to your email if you request it. I am just on the waitlist and I have access to the secure area.

Anybody can have access to the secure area as long as they use their NSU ID, which is given when you submit your secondary app and retrieve your pin number which they send to your email if you request it. I am just on the waitlist and I have access to the secure area.
I never had access to that until recently. Even when I would put in ssn.

Ohh, see I never tried it until after I was waitlisted. This whole process is faulty. I would start preparing for next cycle and if you end up getting accepted then you can throw next years app away but at least you'll have it as a back up and to keep you occupied haha

Well, after I took up a new hobby of bearding growing, I decided to call NSU for updates. Turns out a decision was made on March 31 and the letter was scanned and postmarked on April 11th. After failing to coerce the operator to give me the decision over the phone I now anxiously wait for the mailman to arrive. Really not sure what is the point of keeping us in the dark.

The takeaway is if you call and a decision has been made ask if the letter was already sent and when.