Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who have already interviewed - didn't they mention the admissions committee was meeting Oct 1 regarding acceptances/rejections for those who interviewed in Aug and Sep?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get the bio informatics masters email stating the com gave them your name? This worries me that I did not get accepted. Please let me know.

Did anyone else get the bio informatics masters email stating the com gave them your name? This worries me that I did not get accepted. Please let me know.
OMG my thoughts exactly!! I was freaking out

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG thank goodness lol. Anybody else?!?! I need more reassurance!

Did you guys already interview and get the email? Or is this before II's? I didn't get one but I would hope that's not how they send out potential rejections xD

Did you guys already interview and get the email? Or is this before II's? I didn't get one but I would hope that's not how they send out potential rejections xD
Post interview.
I don't like this interpreting and assuming business! I just wanna know the decision already!

Mine was pre-interview....I guess thats not a good thing

Got that email too. No II, really hoping they get through all their back logged stuff soon

Maybe they sent a mass email to all the med school applicants. Atleast that's what I'm hoping.

Maybe they sent a mass email to all the med school applicants. Atleast that's what I'm hoping.
I didn't receive any email from NOVA...so I'm not sure what is going on...

I didn't receive any email from NOVA...so I'm not sure what is going on...
It was just an email that said hey we were given your name by the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine program, and told that you might be interested in the biomed informatics masters and here's the info....

Seems like it's just a blast email to advertise.

Members don't see this ad :)
For secondary, did people include shadowing and research when it asked for medically related volunteer stuff or strictly just volunteer experiences?

My email was post interview, anybody else post interview get it?

I wouldn't read into the email. It's just mass advertising. It's most likely stats/background driven.

NSU, marry me now!!! Me next!

3rd rebound, 4th rebound I don't care. Just give me a shot and accept me... I'll love it forever.
I am with you on that one buddy....I just want an interview....and acceptance of course

Apparently NSU gave away acceptances early on last year like Oprah giving away cars. So they are taking their time this year lol

well they have 400 acceptances to give so plenty to go around.

Are they really giving out 400 acceptances? Considering they are interviewing 450-500 this year.

Are they really giving out 400 acceptances? Considering they are interviewing 450-500 this year.

That's what I thought but maybe I'm wrong. I was under the impression they interview 600.

Does NOVA accept letters of intent/ update letters?

I havent heard anything from NSU for so long. When I check the webstar, it looks like they received everything, but i saw that there is transcript requirement with no receipt date. Do we have to send transcripts directly to them? Anyone who got II also has the transcript requirement in the webstar without a receipt date?

I havent heard anything from NSU for so long. When I check the webstar, it looks like they received everything, but i saw that there is transcript requirement with no receipt date. Do we have to send transcripts directly to them? Anyone who got II also has the transcript requirement in the webstar without a receipt date?
From reading previous posts, transcripts are not required unless you are accepted and prior to matriculation

For everyone not getting a two don't worry. I talked to admissions and they are backed up. Gonna be awhile just hold tight. PM me if you want more information.

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question ... I am attempting to fill out my secondary however the questions are so similar to the primary which I worked very diligently on, should I just copy the experiences and job descriptions from my primary ? Or find a brand new way to describe the same thing?

Quick question ... I am attempting to fill out my secondary however the questions are so similar to the primary which I worked very diligently on, should I just copy the experiences and job descriptions from my primary ? Or find a brand new way to describe the same thing?
Be brief but definitely find a new way to write it out.

Anyone know how long it takes NSU to get back to students? I remember her saying 6 weeks, but i read an earlier post regarding the admissions committee meeting on the 1st?! So stressed!