Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we not send in letters of rec until we receive an interview invite?

I think we send them in when we send the secondary. That's what I did anyway.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I think its the other way around lol, you get interview once you send in letters.
Nope. I asked them about this and was told that they interview with or without letters.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I asked them about this and was told that they interview with or without letters.
Oh wow it said you need a complete file.
Good to know thanks.
I wonder if not having them though can hurt you though because they could reject without Having letters, but would have interviewed you with them maybe .
But I'm probably over thinking it.

Do or don't submit without official invitation?

pretty sure the email they sent giving you the link is invitation enough

Reactions: 1 user
My school won't have the letter packet ready until August lol. Jokes on me.

Good luck guys, NSU has a great program

Last edited:
Is anyone else thrown off by the lack of essay questions? Am I missing something or does NSU-COM not have any secondary essays? If they really don't I think I just found my favorite school haha.

Is anyone else thrown off by the lack of essay questions? Am I missing something or does NSU-COM not have any secondary essays? If they really don't I think I just found my favorite school haha.
It was pretty simple secondary I was wondering the same

If my science GPA is a 2.94 should I even bother applying? They say we should know the minimum requirements before applying. My MCAT score is 28 and I did get the email from them but I'm not sure if that email is just sent to all applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
If my science GPA is a 2.94 should I even bother applying? They say we should know the minimum requirements before applying. My MCAT score is 28 and I did get the email from them but I'm not sure if that email is just sent to all applicants?
I would call them it had 3.0 screen

So I submitted the secondary yesterday, got the confirmation email today and realized I made a grammar error in one of the responses that I somehow didn't pick up on :( How much will this hurt my chances?

So I submitted the secondary yesterday, got the confirmation email today and realized I made a grammar error in one of the responses that I somehow didn't pick up on :( How much will this hurt my chances?
It won't. I made minor grammar/ typos on secondaries and I still got interview invites. Some of the secondaries themselves have spelling errors or typos. Everybody is human. Don't worry about it

Reactions: 1 users
For the question about health-care related volunteering, does an unpaid internship count?

No worries, I make grammar mistakes and even don't recognize them lol

Got phone call today that app is complete. So excited!

Got phone call today that app is complete. So excited!
+1 what i was told is that there are so many applicants completed ahead of me, and I submitted my secondaries before the official invitations. also i was told that i had an interview last year, and i did not lol

Do you have your letters in? I submitted today but my letters won't get in for about a week and a half. Im not sure if I should be getting a call or not.

submitted them over two weeks ago. I have the 2sci/1 non , research, and 1 MD

Did everyone get an e-mail or call confirmation after completing the secondary? Or after having NSU received LOR's and secondary?

Did everyone get an e-mail or call confirmation after completing the secondary? Or after having NSU received LOR's and secondary?

u get an email after secondary submission. then a call after your file is complete

And what do they mean by "level of responsibility" ? And how did people format this question:

If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.

Does anyone know what documentation of English literacy is needed for non-native English speakers? I contacted Admissions office but did not receive a response.

did anyone else have the formatting of their responses messed up? it removed spaces for me and bunched it all into a long jumbled paragraph for employment section. wonder if there's any way to fix it or if this just happens for everyone.

Do you have your letters in? I submitted today but my letters won't get in for about a week and a half. Im not sure if I should be getting a call or not.
They said on the phone you DO NOT need letters in before an interview invite.
I don't have mine in yet either

They said on the phone you DO NOT need letters in before an interview invite.
I don't have mine in yet either

I think they like to see a few letters before sending the invite, but if your primary is compelling enough I don't see why not

I think they like to see a few letters before sending the invite, but if your primary is compelling enough I don't see why not
No doubt I want my letters in before a decision, but I won't say no to one they offer before they have my letters:p

No doubt I want my letters in before a decision, but I won't say no to one they offer before they have my letters:p
You won't get an ii from Nova until the last week of July. You still have time to send in your letters if you want to.

Like I said... This happens every time. Nobody knows what the hell they are doing in the admissions office.
Hey guys I have a question.
You think it would be better to shadow a do more (I have 18 hours) then obtain a letter later with more hours, or submit now with less hours and have a complete file sooner.
Thanks

Hey guys I have a question.
You think it would be better to shadow a do more (I have 18 hours) then obtain a letter later with more hours, or submit now with less hours and have a complete file sooner.
Thanks
I would recommend having a complete file sooner. On the interview when/if this volunteering is brought up, you may mention how you continued to volunteer with the DO, and that your actual experience is beyond 18 hours...

I would recommend having a complete file sooner. On the interview when/if this volunteering is brought up, you may mention how you continued to volunteer with the DO, and that your actual experience is beyond 18 hours...

Agreed.

Thanks!

Just got a call letting me know app was complete - how nice of them. Do any other schools do this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just got the same call. Idk if other schools do this but it was nice.

How much did y'all end up writing for the open ended questions? I'm thinking brevity is best?

I wrote 2 senteces for how I heard about nmu and how I heard about DOs

Was there a question about how we heard about NSU? Or did you include that in the "how did you learn about OM" question?

There was only a question on how I heard about osteopathic medicine on my app.

Got a call today saying my file was ready for review! My letters aren't in so I was surprised. I asked if they extend interview invites before letters and they said yes, but won't offer acceptance until letters are in.