Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted as well. Is there a difference between "waitlist" and "alternate"?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay thanks, I'll just wait for the snail mail. I'm just confused why she told me I'm still "under review" but have a letter in the mail.

Okay thanks, I'll just wait for the snail mail. I'm just confused why she told me I'm still "under review" but have a letter in the mail.
I haven't received any mail yet. I just got home. I was told the same thing and I wasn't able to find the counselor number til just recently when I sent it to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is "alternate" candidate different from wait-listed? I always thought alternate was an euphemism for wait list.

Lol so 10 of the people I interviewed with got back to me.....
All wait listed.

Seems like a college a conspiracy here

The health professions divisions people said that it takes a long time for the status to update on their part... So even if a decision has been made, it may not show on their portal for a while. Only the admissions counselors would have up to date information.

God damn my mail still hasn't arrived yet
#fml_livingupnorth
#thestruggleisreal
#thanksoBama
#like4like
#ootd

I got on the Alternate list.. What is the difference between that and waitlist?

I have to say I'm thrilled to be attending this program which was my first choice. Great school and a learning environment that is perfect for students.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Letter in the mail "alternate"
Did anyone get accepted from these most recent interviews?!

They literally put all 64 of us on the alternate list.
It's kinda f_€÷ed up
Got my mail today bam just as I expected alternate list.

If anyone gets accepted offa these post it in here I'm curious if they actually do rhat or just politely told all of us to shove off

Does anyone send any letters of
Intent to nova?

They literally put all 64 of us on the alternate list.
It's kinda f_€÷ed up
Got my mail today bam just as I expected alternate list.

If anyone gets accepted offa these post it in here I'm curious if they actually do rhat or just politely told all of us to shove off

If that were the case, a rejection would've been more efficient. Hold on!

Sorry, double post.

If that were the case, a rejection would've been more efficient. Hold on!

Sorry, double post.

That's my mentality! Putting people on alternate lists makes a ton more work for Admissions; they wouldn't do it if we didn't have a chance. :) Positive thoughts, guys! I understand the frustration; I was very heartbroken at first too.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any movement from the "alternate" list?

Anybody know if NSU-COM has scholarships or grants for incoming M1 students to apply for? Looked on the financial aid website and only found three applicable ones but you have to be an upperclassmen in the program or a resident of Florida.

I heard that all the seats have been filled.. any thought on how true that is?

I am pretty sure that is true because as far as I know, none of the 64 people that interviewed within the last group were accepted.

Anybody know if NSU-COM has scholarships or grants for incoming M1 students to apply for? Looked on the financial aid website and only found three applicable ones but you have to be an upperclassmen in the program or a resident of Florida.

Not sure about before matriculation, but there are scholarships that you can apply for as an M1. The administration usually emails the classes about them throughout the year and reminds you about deadlines and stuff.

I heard that all the seats have been filled.. any thought on how true that is?

I'd assume all the seats have been claimed by now since we're late in the cycle. People drop acceptances all the time though, so there's always waitlist movement until the very last moment.

Withdrawing today, good luck all.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when alternate list movement is supposed to start?

That was 2 weeks ago ( sorry for the double post)

I called and I was told that they would start ranking students in June, has anyone heard anything else?

I was told that the WL is not ranked in my interview. Did Monica S. or Linda F. state that the WL is ranked? I'm just a little curious.

Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist for this cycle? I think Aug 3rd is the final day that we can hear of our status.

I see NSU renovated their COM page. It looks much better.
Wow, it does look good! Very functional, too. Yay!

And as for the rankings on the Alternate List - I assume they must have us in some sort of order, otherwise how do they pick who to fill spots with? Random, out of a hat? I don't know for sure though!

What I'm really curious about is whether you get a lower rank, if you've paid your deposit for another COM?

Not sure if this is reliable but someone on the FB class of 2019 page posted that since the class is currently full, they will begin to contact local Florida residents as seats open up closer to orientation day/resumption date.

Not sure if this is reliable but someone on the FB class of 2019 page posted that since the class is currently full, they will begin to contact local Florida residents as seats open up closer to orientation day/resumption date.

Does local mean south FL residents or does the whole state of FL count?

So no hope for us OOS on the waitlist?

So no hope for us OOS on the waitlist?
That makes no sense... Again, why would they interview 64 students if they weren't going to give them all a fair shot? I still think they just needed more time so they alternate listed us all.

It seems from previous years that they had very little alternate list movement and that some people were actually later told that they were "no longer considered" after being waitlisted for a few months. This doesn't make me very hopeful.