Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a limit on how many letters of recommendation I can submit it?
No, feel free to submit in as many letters as you like.
Please note that the system will only update the first letters received that meet the requirements in Webstar. If you want to know if any extra letters were received, you can contact the admissions call center.

Source: http://osteopathic.nova.edu/do/admissions/faq.html

Thank you so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

That's funny, because when I called the lady seemed surprised that I had more than the required amount. I don't think she realized that AACOMAS sends the same letters to all the schools and you can't choose which letters go to which school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been complete since 07/10 with no II :unsure:
Me neither, and I have pretty good stats and EC's, with lots of research. I even lived in Florida for a couple of months doing some research at NASA.

~3.7 GPA, 30+ MCAT here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
they came out like 5ish EST I think---so we just have to wait and see if anyone hears soon...

Hey guys, NOVA called me to tell me that they don't have my letters. They said that they don't download the letters from AACOMAS. Is this true?

Hey guys, NOVA called me to tell me that they don't have my letters. They said that they don't download the letters from AACOMAS. Is this true?

Check your portal thing online. They downloaded mine from AACOMAS... or so they claim to have when I received a call on 7/10

Members don't see this ad :)
They showed received on 07/07, which is why I was so confused.

wait so they don't have them then...? Do you have names next to yours in the note section? And does this mean they don't have letters from anyone who submit through AACOMAS? Sorry for the 20 questions lol

wait so they don't have them then...? Do you have names next to yours in the note section? And does this mean they don't have letters from anyone who submit through AACOMAS? Sorry for the 20 questions lol

I just logged in again and two out of my 3 references were deleted....... before it had all 3 names with 07/02 written on them. Now it's only one name..... I'm really confused. I had also received the complete call in early July.

I just logged in again and two out of my 3 references were deleted....... before it had all 3 names with 07/02 written on them. Now it's only one name..... I'm really confused. I had also received the complete call in early July.

wow.... that is very concerning. Did they give you a resolution to the problem?

wow.... that is very concerning. Did they give you a resolution to the problem?

They told me to fax over the letters. Now I have to hunt down all my references. I've also emailed aacomas for help since nova was pretty useless in that regard. I hope it's just a glitch, because all of my others school got my letters from AACOMAS.

Reactions: 1 user
They surely downloaded mine through AACOMAS. But they took ages to do it.
They had my AACOMAS by the end of June and they downloaded my letters yesterday!!

I really like NSU, but why are they handling admissions this year as if its their first time doing it :lame:

They surely downloaded mine through AACOMAS. But they took ages to do it.
They had my AACOMAS by the end of June and they downloaded my letters yesterday!!

I'm going to see what aacomas says and then follow up. I don't see how you can show all 3 letters being received and then say that they can't download my letters and ask me to fax them over.

I'm going to see what aacomas says and then follow up. I don't see how you can show all 3 letters being received and then say that they can't download my letters and ask me to fax them over.

It's shocking how so many schools are struggling with this new application. Best of luck with everything, let us know if they figure stuff out for you!

This is just SO bizarre!! Maybe the pre-health committee at ur university can intervene, if they are in a position to do so...as in if you sent your letters through them

They did the exact same thing with me, except they accidentally deleted my MD letter somehow and claimed they never received it (after I saw it in the portal and it was assigned a number that is obviously now missing from the sequence).

They did the exact same thing with me, except they accidentally deleted my MD letter somehow and claimed they never received it (after I saw it in the portal and it was assigned a number that is obviously now missing from the sequence).

When did this happened and what did you do about it?

I have heard of schools not accepting letters due to lack of official letterhead and/or valid signature. I have no clue if that's what happened here, just a thought.

Sorry to ask but does anyone have the portal link?

Your username and picture just made my day haha.
enhanced-7364-1400188642-10.jpg

Alright, I called Nova this morning, and the lady I talked to was very helpful. They did receive my letters, and they believed I was complete. However, my physician and committee letters were not signed (fml). As a result, they removed them from the portal.

Alright, I called Nova this morning, and the lady I talked to was very helpful. They did receive my letters, and they believed I was complete. However, my physician and committee letters were not signed (fml). As a result, they removed them from the portal.

Are they still able to review your application while you get them signed? It sucks because you would have no way of knowing if they signed them.

I dont know if any MS from NSU are here but I have a couple questions?

1. What type of volunteer/EC activities are offered at NSU as far as community service goes. I am specifically interested in pediatrics. Are there groups there provide relief to underserved?

2. What is the exact teaching style at NSU? I'm looking at the website but the curriculum page isn't offering much.

Just called to check on my app--got that "complete" phone call July 23rd---apparently they never received ANY of my recommendations. Even though they were attached to my AACOMAS application when I submitted and every single other school has them. Was told to call AACOMAS who told me they are definitely there. NSU administrator couldn't look up my application from the AACOMAS server and gave me an email address to contact regarding this "issue". So basically submitted SUPER early and now am not even complete and who knows as to when I will be contacted back from this mysterious email address. I'm sorry but this does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the school. Glad this was the first school I applied to?

Does anyone know how strict the interview times are? I am trying to arrange a return flight and if the day ends at 4:30pm, then I may not make my flight :/ I called the admissions and they said we have to be there for all the presentations and everything, but didn't comment on the time.

Can a current student (or anyone who knows anything lol) answer this, please?

Just called to check on my app--got that "complete" phone call July 23rd---apparently they never received ANY of my recommendations. Even though they were attached to my AACOMAS application when I submitted and every single other school has them. Was told to call AACOMAS who told me they are definitely there. NSU administrator couldn't look up my application from the AACOMAS server and gave me an email address to contact regarding this "issue". So basically submitted SUPER early and now am not even complete and who knows as to when I will be contacted back from this mysterious email address. I'm sorry but this does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the school. Glad this was the first school I applied to?

what number did you call? I'm going to call now lol

When you login to the NOVA portal does the name of your letter authors show up?? I'm just trying to make sure the same thing isn't happening to me ha

Last edited:
When you login to the NOVA portal does the name of your letter authors show up?? I'm just trying to make sure the same thing isn't happening to me ha

Just got off the phone with a very pleasant and helpful lady and she said they had received and downloaded all of mine. Mine also have the letter author names underneath the notes section and right next to the received date. Still kinda worried though since something weird happened with another poster here and they had their letters deleted

The letters were there a few weeks ago and now aren't showing up...I just paid Interfolio to send my letters to NSUCOM directly just now because I am over trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Guess I can cross NSU off my list womp womp--have fun in Florida everyone.

The letters were there a few weeks ago and now aren't showing up...I just paid Interfolio to send my letters to NSUCOM directly just now because I am over trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Guess I can cross NSU off my list womp womp--have fun in Florida everyone.

Hey man! So the exact same thing happened to me. For my situation they had my letters, but they couldn't accept them because two of the three weren't signed. Now, the first two people I talked to didn't know that. They kept telling me that my letters never arrived with my app. I just couldn't fathom that since all the other schools got them without any problems. The third lady I talked to was able to find my letters and told me about my signature issue. Don't lose hope! You've already paid for the secondary. You might as well keep trying to figure out where your letters went. Worst case scenario: You get rejected and lose your admissions fee. Best case scenario: You get accepted!

Good luck to you mate. I know exactly how you feel right now.

II!! OS (Ca) s/cGPA 3.6 MCAT 27 complete 7/9

Reactions: 4 users