Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when the first interview date is? I'm scheduled for October 6th. I was hoping to get some feedback from others before interviewing!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the first interview date is? I'm scheduled for October 6th. I was hoping to get some feedback from others before interviewing!

Sept 10th.
the interview feedback section on SDN for NSU gives a good pretty idea (in my opinion) of the interview questions. I got a lot of questions specific to my app.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else interviewing from IS? Got interview offer on 9/16 and headed over there on 10/1 and was just curious if there are going to be any other Floridians. This is my first time posting anywhere, but I always appreciate it when people do this, so: MCAT:32, sGPA3.52, cGPA3.35; geting my master's in biomedical engineering and good (in my opinion) research/volunteering. Can't wait to see everyone else who will be there on the first. This is my first interview and very excited.
Also, I had the same issue with one of my letters not being signed. I had the writer resend and got my interview offer a few days later. I sent everything through interfolio. Good luck everyone!
I'm OOS but I'll also be there on the first!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sept 10th.
the interview feedback section on SDN for NSU gives a good pretty idea (in my opinion) of the interview questions. I got a lot of questions specific to my app.
What were the other dates available after Sep 10th? I'm trying to gauge how many interview sessions they have already had

Anyone here have recommendations for hotels near NSU? All the hotels around look pretty expensive and its hard to find one that has a shuttle to NSU
In your interview confirmation email there should be a link to suggested hotels with a special discount for interviewees. It takes you to a webpage that outlines the interview day and on the top right there is a link to the hotels and numbers to call. I called Holiday Inn Express today and got their Nova rate. Not the cheapest hotel in the area but they do have an airport shuttle. The hotel is relatively close to the campus too.

Yeah I saw those hotels and from that list only one of them, Hampton, had a shuttle to Nova which doesn't start until 8am. Since check in is at 8:15 I couldn't really rely on it. So I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and get a car rental.
You could arrive a little later too... they are very understanding of things like that. Quite a few students arrived past 8:30am on my interview day.

havent resent anything except LORs in mid August. i went ahead and resent those thru interfolio to all schools using aacomas bc i had 3 schools email saying they did not receive/ lost/could not download them... was called a while ago (late August maybe?) not sure when..and thanks!

havent resent anything except LORs in mid August. i went ahead and resent those thru interfolio to all schools using aacomas bc i had 3 schools email saying they did not receive/ lost/could not download them... was called a while ago (late August maybe?) not sure when..and thanks!
Thanks for the response, I just ask because there has been so much talk on here about people receiving the complete call and then a month later they got another call saying they weren't complete. I got the original complete call in early August and haven't heard anything since, so I'm nervous

Thanks for the response, I just ask because there has been so much talk on here about people receiving the complete call and then a month later they got another call saying they weren't complete. I got the original complete call in early August and haven't heard anything since, so I'm nervous
Call and verify that you are indeed complete. They just started sending out IIs like a few weeks ago for nsu for sept..so plenty of time still before you need worry. Keep the adcoms updated just in case. I'm worried about the interview itself bc well its an interview, but have an acceptance elsewhere so the pressure is off ..now its just getting other acceptances and deciding best fit...remember it only takes one acceptance ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Call and verify that you are indeed complete. They just started sending out IIs like a few weeks ago for nsu for sept..so plenty of time still before you need worry. Keep the adcoms updated just in case. I'm worried about the interview itself bc well its an interview, but have an acceptance elsewhere so the pressure is off ..now its just getting other acceptances and deciding best fit...remember it only takes one acceptance ;)
Congratulations on your acceptance, that's great! My goal was to have an acceptance by October but I don't think I'll be meeting that goal. Hopefully my upcoming interviews will go well and I'll get some good news in November

Just got an II today. OOS Lizzy M 64. Scheduled my interview for 10/27!

Reactions: 6 users
Good luck to those who have interviews!

One tip that I can give you is take the whole day seriously and act professional. You never know who's going to be watching.

Also avoid University Drive road!

Anyone know how many applicants get interviews here?

Does anyone know if NOVA is screening sub-section scores for the new MCAT or if other strong parts of the application will supplement it? My composite is a 505, but CARS was a 122. The science sections would be considered competititve for MD.

Any OOS interviewers? I only saw one on this thread so far.

Did anyone receive another Open House email this morning?

Reactions: 4 users
I will be headed out to NOVA to interview on Oct. 1....anyone joining me?
I'll be there tomorrow! Looking forward to the interview day. Any suggestions from those who've already interviewed?

I'm staying at the holiday inn down the road from the campus on University Drive. If anyone else on this page is going in for the interview and is nearby, let me know if you need a ride.

I just got my secondary and I am a little conflicted with 3.0 minimum. I had a rough start in undergrad so my undergrad is below that but my graduate GPA is past that by alot. However, AACOMAS combines them for the science and cumulative GPA. Anyone know if I have a chance or if they will see the cumulative as 2.95 and throw it out?

Did they notify you by email or phone call?
I got an email. If anyone from the Oct 27 interview crew would like to meetup sometime shoot me a message!

Last edited:
I submitted on 8/26 and received the complete phone call on 8/28, and haven't heard back since, has anyone complete around this time heard anything?

I submitted on 8/26 and received the complete phone call on 8/28, and haven't heard back since, has anyone complete around this time heard anything?

Same. Now what? :whistle:

Anybody that has interviewed at NOVA already can you please share your knowledge on acceptances? When is the first date they will start sending out acceptances? How long do you get to reply? Thanks!

so this is what my status shows but i never got a complete phone call (kinda forgot about all this)
anyone in the same situation?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 176
Guys quick question. How did you all send your letters? I have them in Interfolio and submitted them to AACOMAS after i submitted the application to nova and other schools. This was weeks ago and my Webstar still says nothing about any letters... Should i send them from Interfolio directly to NoVa?...

Anybody that has interviewed at NOVA already can you please share your knowledge on acceptances? When is the first date they will start sending out acceptances? How long do you get to reply? Thanks!

They didn't give us a specific date, but said we could expect to hear back in about 5 weeks (interviewed yesterday - such an incredible campus!). All the decisions are approved by the dean so it takes some extra time. If accepted, the deposit is due by December 14th.

Guys quick question. How did you all send your letters? I have them in Interfolio and submitted them to AACOMAS after i submitted the application to nova and other schools. This was weeks ago and my Webstar still says nothing about any letters... Should i send them from Interfolio directly to NoVa?...

I sent my letters through aacomas and had no issues (besides having to re-send one because of it lacking a signature). I would call to double check they got them! When I sent in my updated letter, it was reflected in my portal that night.

I sent my letters through aacomas and had no issues (besides having to re-send one because of it lacking a signature). I would call to double check they got them! When I sent in my updated letter, it was reflected in my portal that night.
Thank you :) i will call them. Im asking because since i sent it the letters after the initial submission maybe nova hasnt seen the updated version of the application. I read that they sometimes didn't see the letters when they were bundled with the app and they are one of the few DOs that ask for the letters before they review your app

II today via phone call. Never received an e-mail.