Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do ya'll think it's too late to send a primary here?
cGPA: 3.7; sGPA: 3.5; MCAT: 506
This school seems to have the longest wait time on the planet so no, i would not say it is too late. You will get the secondary a couple days after you submit and then the waiting game begins.

This school seems to have the longest wait time on the planet so no, i would not say it is too late. You will get the secondary a couple days after you submit and then the waiting game begins.
Ok. And would you know how late in the cycle they interview? I was complete in mid October. Still waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. And would you know how late in the cycle they interview? I was complete in mid October. Still waiting to hear back.

...I've been complete since July, so I would say be patient. You'll get an II whenever they're ready and are interested.

Reactions: 1 user
October 1st people? coming up on 4 weeks now...
Nope.... Soon, though..... I keep telling myself I'm not going to check sdn today to see if anyone heard anything and I haven't, but then I end up doing it anyway....

What is the expected time to hear back after an interview? II for 11/12 but I'll need to put a deposit down by 12/14

I interviewed here a few days ago (10/27) and they told us to expect to hear from them about a decision at the LATEST 12/13/15. Hope that helps

Reactions: 1 users
are they sending decisions for multiple interview dates by 12/13? because if not sounds like I would definitely pass the 12/14 deadline.

are they sending decisions for multiple interview dates by 12/13? because if not sounds like I would definitely pass the 12/14 deadline.

Not sure about that...it sounded like this deadline was specifically for our interview group but I may be wrong. I would email someone from the admissions committee to make sure

If things still stand, they like to get the selection process for 2015 done before they go on break. I was in the last group to interview last year and found out the Friday school went on break.

Got a call today saying app is complete and being sent for review. Verified 10/26. Fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call today saying app is complete and being sent for review. Verified 10/26. Fingers crossed.
Have a seat. Make yourself comfortable. Find something to keep you busy. This will take a while...

Reactions: 2 users
anyone interview on 10/6/15 hear back yet? Admissions told us they would let us know by the week of 10/26

anyone interview on 10/6/15 hear back yet? Admissions told us they would let us know by the week of 10/26
They told those that interviewed on 10/8 the same and still haven't heard back

IDK why I even applied here. I would never come here lol....
I sent them an email a month ago asking about letter of rec requirements and I just barely got a response back.
Extremely unprofessional, so no thanks.

Ya, I also interviewed on 10/01 and they said 5 weeks, so if you interviewed after and got a decision before, I have to admit I would be a little dismayed... Please post if you hear something, though!

Do they allow update letters? I want to update them on some info but I can't see any options on the application to do so.

Hey guys I decided to add this school to my list, but I'm curious about their LOR requirement. Does anyone know if a letter from a PI that I did research with will count for a non-science letter?

Hey guys I decided to add this school to my list, but I'm curious about their LOR requirement. Does anyone know if a letter from a PI that I did research with will count for a non-science letter?
I was told non-science letter could be from anyone who didn't teach you a science course. I used a letter from my volunteer coordinator. Based on what I was told by the admins, a letter from your PI should be ok but you never know with the way things have being going with NSU so far in this cycle. You should call/email them to confirm!

I talked to one of the admissions people today. They said interviews for the rest of the year are pretty much booked up (except for last minute openings) and the last date for this year is the end of November. Interviews will start again in January and what from I understood from her, those are not full yet (although she didn't outright say it so I could be wrong).

Has this school sent post-secondary rejections yet? Received confirmation call way back in July, but haven't heard since from the....lol

Reactions: 1 users
For the past 2 weeks I have been calling both AACOMAS and NOVA to get my letters of rec sent over from AACOMAS. It's super annoying that I can't be approved for review due to a technical issue. Does anyone have advice on what to do?

For the past 2 weeks I have been calling both AACOMAS and NOVA to get my letters of rec sent over from AACOMAS. It's super annoying that I can't be approved for review due to a technical issue. Does anyone have advice on what to do?

Fax the letters in. I had the same thing happen to me, and faxing the letters to them was the quickest resolution.

Interviewed October 1st. Just got an acceptance via email!! :)

Accepted! Email just now! Interviewed 10/8

Does anyone know if Nova has a cutoff for the 2015 MCAT?

ACCEPTED! Interview 10/1! I'm going to medical school. I am in disbelief. A seven year long journey has finally been made worth it. Hope some of you 10/1-ers get the email today!

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!! Got the email as well. Interviewed 10/1. Really excited about this school!

accepted today! :) congrats to everyone!

Accepted too! Reading the last couple of posts made me feel like Oprah was handing out acceptances. You get accepted! And you get accepted! And..... lol. What a crazy journey this has been...

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone that got accepted! Interviewing this thursday. Any one else gonna be there?

Accepted too! Reading the last couple of posts made me feel like Oprah was handing out acceptances. You get accepted! And you get accepted! And..... lol. What a crazy journey this has been...
CONGRATS! Glad we connected on interview day--hopefully see you down in Florida in August! But 100 percent not living in those dorms.

When did those of you who got accepted interview? Congrats to everyone!

Does anybody know what percentage of the class is filled? I'm hoping for an II I submitted late July there was an issue with letters but I fixed it as soon as I found out ... I've also made a call every month and a half or so .... I'm trying to express that I'm very interested even tho I have been accepted elsewhere :(

Does Nova Pre-Screen prior to sending secondaries? I submitted my aacomas to them 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back anything regarding a secondary.

Accepted :D I have always been a lurker on this forum/thread but I'm super excited to be attending this school haha. I interviewed on 10/08 and thought it was one of the most welcoming/comfortable interviews. I sent a thank you letter to Dean Wallace along with my interview panel and she actually responded with a very nice reply and even answered some of my questions on NSU's future goals! This was always my first choice medschool and I'm so stoked to be able to attend.

Edits: Typos because I was excited and typing fast

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there is a class of 2020 NSU SDN forum?

Does Nova Pre-Screen prior to sending secondaries? I submitted my aacomas to them 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back anything regarding a secondary.

No, everyone receives a secondary. I'd your aacomas verified?

yup my aacomas was verified in August.

I'd call them. I know they have the secondary accessible to anyone. You can just make an account and fill it out. You can find the link earlier in this thread or in last year's thread.

Hey everyone, I'm an in state applicant and would really love to go to this school (my top choice lol). I submitted my stuff super early in the cycle, including my secondary. There was a hold up with them not receiving my MCAT scores but that got resolved as well. Do you guys think a letter of intent would be helpful in conveying how much I want to attend this school?

Thank you!!

Completed mid July but I still have not heard anything back unfortunately ><