Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when exactly in August is the orientation week?

Members don't see this ad.

Excited to have my interview tomorrow! Bored in my hotel now though... Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really surprised I haven't heard back. A friend of mine with much worse stats and EC's just got II. I'm confused.

Anyone find out from USN&WR or from the interview what percentage of students interviewed get accepted?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone find out from USN&WR or from the interview what percentage of students interviewed get accepted?

I want to say its 60-70% just based on how many they said they were going to interview and the class size.

CONGRATS! Glad we connected on interview day--hopefully see you down in Florida in August! But 100 percent not living in those dorms.
Haha, I know that's right!

I've been looking at 1 bedroom options around NSU and all of them seem crazy expensive. Dorms seems like, at least to me, the least expensive option

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone PM the facebook acceptance page?

To those waiting...
I completed all of my secondary NSU stuff by mid August, got an interview invite exactly 2 months later, and attended the interview this past week. NSU received over 9,000 applications for a little over 300 interview spots. I was also pessimistic and felt I would not hear back. I was considering contacting them right before I received an invite. I think a letter of intent would help highlight you over such a large number of applicants. The adcoms all seem extremely personable, open, and friendly. I already interviewed and am still considering submitting one.

Withdrew my II yesterday. Good luck to everyone!!

I'm in state and interview this week! Loved the overall feel to the school. They're doing a lot less interviews this cycle compared to last cycle but I wouldn't get discouraged!

II this morning! LizzyM 67 OOS. Due to having to resubmit my physician letter because of a lack of hand signature, I was officially complete 10/13/15

Pretty surprised I got one so soon considering many people have been waiting since July to hear anything back

Last edited:
II this morning! LizzyM 67 OOS. Due to having to resubmit my physician letter because of a lack of hand signature, I was officially complete 10/13/15

Pretty surprised I got one so soon considering many people have been waiting since July to hear anything back

are you an in state student?

how did you know that your letter needed a signature?

how did you know that your letter needed a signature?

My committee letter which was submitted mid-September was marked received while the physician letter I submitted to AACOMAS in July wasn't marked received so I called them and they told me it wasn't hand-signed and I had to resubmit it with a hand signature. So I just emailed my physician and told him to hand-sign it and then he faxed it over to them and they marked it received within a few days.

Congrats to everybody with interview invites ... What dates does the invite give you to pick from?

For those of you attending the school currently/have been accepted: Do you think I will need a car in the area? The Rolling Hills seem pretty close by and I think the shuttles go to the mall, etc. Debating on whether I should buy a small car for medschool.

Thanks! sGPA 3.6 cGPA 3.7 MCAT 2x

wow what a turn around, congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you!

I also received a complete call. The II came by email prompting me to choose an interview date.

I got the "complete call" on 10/21, but nothing since. Did you get the II by phone or email?

Last edited:
For those of you attending the school currently/have been accepted: Do you think I will need a car in the area? The Rolling Hills seem pretty close by and I think the shuttles go to the mall, etc. Debating on whether I should buy a small car for medschool.

Yes, you will most definitely want a car to get around. The distances are too far to walk and its way too hot.

I want to say its 60-70% just based on how many they said they were going to interview and the class size.
well one thing to consider on top of that is that is that lots of people don't end up enrolling who were admitted. reading through other threads I saw that in past years they've given something like 350 acceptances and only had like 250 actually attend, so unless they're planning on having a much smaller class size this year it almost seems like they're gunna be admitting 100% of interviewees.

well one thing to consider on top of that is that is that lots of people don't end up enrolling who were admitted. reading through other threads I saw that in past years they've given something like 350 acceptances and only had like 250 actually attend, so unless they're planning on having a much smaller class size this year it almost seems like they're gunna be admitting 100% of interviewees.

I already took acceptance/matriculation into account. They said they would be interviewing 450-500 applicants and there are 230 seats, so obviously matriculation will be less than 50%. I think acceptance is around 60-70% though. I also think they keep a large wait list based on the threads from previous years.

I already took acceptance/matriculation into account. They said they would be interviewing 450-500 applicants and there are 230 seats, so obviously matriculation will be less than 50%. I think acceptance is around 60-70% though. I also think they keep a large wait list based on the threads from previous years.
****, who said they were interviewing that many? Someone had said earlier on that admissions told him they were only interviewing about 380, and I thought I saw someone else allude above to the lower number of interviews being given this year...

****, who said they were interviewing that many? Someone had said earlier on that admissions told him they were only interviewing about 380, and I thought I saw someone else allude above to the lower number of interviews being given this year...

Maricela mentioned it in the beginning of the day of my interview. She said 8000+ applications came in this year and they were planning on interviewing 450-500.

Maricela mentioned it in the beginning of the day of my interview. She said 8000+ applications came in this year and they were planning on interviewing 450-500.
Hi!
I interviewed a few days ago and was told that this year they are interviewing a lot less applicants. They normally interview about 450-500 but are only interviewing 380 this year.

I also interviewed last week and they said that there are fewer interviews that will be given out this cycle

Hi!
I interviewed a few days ago and was told that this year they are interviewing a lot less applicants. They normally interview about 450-500 but are only interviewing 380 this year.

Wow, that's great news for anyone who received an II then! If they only interview 380, I feel like almost everyone will either be accepted or wait listed. Did they mention why they are only interviewing 380 this year?

Hi!
I second this. I was told over 9000 applications came in, they normally interview about 500 to account for attrition, however this year they're only doing about 350 and plan on accepting the EXACT number of seats they plan on filling, no more. If acceptees choose not to matriculate, they will then pick from the waitlist.

Wow, that's great news for anyone who received an II then! If they only interview 380, I feel like almost everyone will either be accepted or wait listed. Did they mention why they are only interviewing 380 this year?
During my interview I don't remember them mentioning why. They said they plan on offering acceptances to the exact number of seats needed. So maybe interviewing less helps them more accurately choose who they will accept. Just my guess..

Attention 10/15 interviewers: Y'all think we might hear within the next week or so? I know Maricela said we would hear before Thanksgiving.. just getting anxious.

How full is the class now ya think? :(

There were 16 people in my interview group and they have been interviewing since the beginning of October. People have been saying they will only interview 380. Maybe there is some way to figure it out if we knew how many groups they interview every week.

There were 16 people in my interview group and they have been interviewing since the beginning of October. People have been saying they will only interview 380. Maybe there is some way to figure it out if we knew how many groups they interview every week.
Based off of what dates I was offered to interview, it seems like they do interviews every Tues and Thurs. But that could just be me guessing!

Does anyone know if Nova is receptive to letters of intent/update letters? Recently started a clinical job 2 months ago not on my AACOMAS and hoping to tell them I'm very interested still