Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hang in there interviewees! I truly believe that you all have the same chance at an acceptance letter as any of the earlier candidates.
And you're right- the number of applicants vs. interview invites is astounding! The odds of you getting accepted now are far greater than the odds of you securing that interview were...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I interviewed March 10th with no word since then.. Granted April 18th was the date they gave us at our interview for when we should be receiving word, but I'm starting to think that an acceptance is not looking good. I've tried to call Maricela, but her voicemail box is full. :(

What do you guys think? I feel like the closer it gets to this April 18th date- the more I feel like its bad news. Did anyone find out on the day they told you, you would find out by and it was good news? Or are the acceptances always sent out farther in advance. Just trying to decide if I should give up hope or not..

Reactions: 1 user
So, I just found the facebook group. Out of the 258 members, they added 40 in the last 3 weeks... Soooo the class if full now?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I just found the facebook group. Out of the 258 members, they added 40 in the last 3 weeks... Soooo the class if full now?

Probably not. Current students also join the group.

Yeah there are A TON of M1s that are on that group also. Also I was told at interview day that they will have spots open until the last interview day which is tomorrow. They specifically hold spots open until everybody is interviewed. Obviously they are much more limited but more acceptances will definitely got out.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ah i gotcha. i interviewed back on the 10th and still silence :/
I am channeling the quasi-real JD's optimism today. Unlike yesterday when I was re-he-he-he-heally channeling Dr. Cox with the massive amount of patients' issues I had to resolve.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if students get designated time off to study for boards at the end of their M2 year?

*patiently waits on waitlist movement*
*isn't really patient at all*
*is actually biting fingernails incessantly..*
At least you are on the waitlist. I'm still anxious about getting a status update one way or the other.

At least you are on the waitlist. I'm still anxious about getting a status update one way or the other.

seriously. if I don't get an update by 4p today I'm calling in haha
today was the day we were supposed to hear back

seriously. if I don't get an update by 4p today I'm calling in haha
today was the day we were supposed to hear back
We might be getting rejection letters in the mail dated today. That's my sarcastic and pessimistic side speaking though.

We might be getting rejection letters in the mail dated today. That's my sarcastic and pessimistic side speaking though.
quite possible. but I think they may tell you if thats the case if you call in and ask about your status. could be wrong though, who knows.

quite possible. but I think they may tell you if thats the case if you call in and ask about your status. could be wrong though, who knows.
When I interviewed, I called in to ask the week of when I was supposed to find out, and once the week after and I got the response that I'm pending, was even told this by the admissions director. Also something confusing about the Dean putting applications on hold before available seats were known. Voila, a few days later, got a WL letter dated the original day we were told to hear back.

When I interviewed, I called in to ask the week of when I was supposed to find out, and once the week after and I got the response that I'm pending, was even told this by the admissions director. Also something confusing about the Dean putting applications on hold before available seats were known. Voila, a few days later, got a WL letter dated the original day we were told to hear back.
I've a feeling my group was interviewing for the waitlist.

Do you guys think I would be insane to decline my acceptance in favor of Touro CA

lol I feel like I fit better there but maybe I'm going crazy

Dang sorry to hear! So you both got an email saying you were waitlisted? I remember reading somewhere that WL or Rejections would be a letter in the mail...
Nothing yet on my end though.... so anxious to hear back.

The next deposit date is the 21st so maybe some spots will open up for you guys.

Stay positive

Reactions: 4 users
Dang sorry to hear! So you both got an email saying you were waitlisted? I remember reading somewhere that WL or Rejections would be a letter in the mail...
Nothing yet on my end though.... so anxious to hear back.

Via mail.

What were your guys' stats? Trying to gauge and see whether your outcomes were inevitable or a result of your #'s.

they interviewed under 500 applicants out of 12,000 applications. if you received an interview, your stats are a non-issue

it seems to me like they're being as conservative as possible with acceptances given that they over admitted last year.

they interviewed under 500 applicants out of 12,000 applications. if you received an interview, your stats are a non-issue

Good point. I wonder if they just sent out too many acceptances and are waiting for the next deposit deadline before they send out more?

Do you guys think I would be insane to decline my acceptance in favor of Touro CA

lol I feel like I fit better there but maybe I'm going crazy
Don't pick Touro over this excellent school...Touro just raised their tuition from just north of 49k to 51450 and I don't reckon any major changes on campus were made ...

I was accepted to both and Western Pomona. Will be going with NOVA. It's nice knowing I won't have to drive 45 minutes to another city or cold call for research ops.

Did a bunch of investigating into all 3 and NOVA is king. If you need reasons to go with this school PM me.

this is purely conjecture

but a lot of students who were taken off the wait list last year said that they got an acceptance in june. my guess would be they're just going to send a bunch of acceptances out around then depending on how many people decline acceptances. so, looks like 2 more months of limbo for me

Reactions: 2 users