Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Weirdest thing for me is they haven't checked off aacomas service application as received lol
Mine doesn't have a date for that as well, although the weird thing is I have an e-mail from them that I received on July 2 stating, "The Office of Admissions at NSU-COM has recently received your application from AACOMAS."

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the call this morning! 9:46 a.m. EST. I'm so excited, I hope to get an II from here, the school looks amazing!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else receive an e-mail from Nova that talks about accessing a list of your outstanding application requirements? I checked my application on their WebStar page and it says I'm don't have a "transcripts-bachelors" marked as received but under the "notes" section it lists my undergraduate university?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call too! How nice of them to call to confirm that my application is complete. Hope I get a II here as well

Received a phone call this morning stating my application was complete.

My aacomas was verified on Monday--how long did it take you guys once verified to receive your secondaries??

Alright so I just called NOVA again regarding why my Transcript is still not received in the status bar. They told me they never received the transcript from AACOMAS and I need to send them a copy straight from my school.

Really weird AACOMAS did not send the official transcript with the primary. I also asked the representative if this is usual for student to send transcripts to them and they said yes. Honestly this pisses me of because nowhere on the secondary app did it state that we had to send an official transcript to them from our schools, I thought everything was packed with AACOMAS.

Anyways, to those with similar problem, go ahead and get those transcripts sent ASAP so your application can be complete. And yes you can send them electronically to the school, which helps.

If you're using e-transcript delivery, send to "[email protected]" . Again, make sure to check yourselves just to make sure. That is the email the representative told me.

I didn't see a transcript status bar on their application. I have all my LOR's, MCAT score, Signature page, AACOMAS application. All of it says received.

I didn't see a transcript status bar on their application. I have all my LOR's, MCAT score, Signature page, AACOMAS application. All of it says received.
I'm talking about this type of situation:

FduOiF8.jpg

I'm talking about this type of situation:

FduOiF8.jpg
I currently have this situation but I received a call stating that my application was under review? I thought we had to send transcripts upon acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
so the link they sent for my secondary was
https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bwskalog.P_ProcNewApp

whereas today, they sent an email saying

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system, WebSTAR(https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin):

• Go to WebSTAR at www.webstar.nova.edu and select Admissions.
  • Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN. If you filed a paper application, use your NSU ID and Personal Identification Number* (PIN).
my login for the first link won't work for the second link. i looked at my checklist from the first link and everything is received. but the email said i have outstanding requirements
lol does that mean they like what i submitted or i have missing documents

also, i still haven't received a call. does that mean i'm not complete yet

Alright so I just called NOVA again regarding why my Transcript is still not received in the status bar. They told me they never received the transcript from AACOMAS and I need to send them a copy straight from my school.

Really weird AACOMAS did not send the official transcript with the primary. I also asked the representative if this is usual for student to send transcripts to them and they said yes. Honestly this pisses me of because nowhere on the secondary app did it state that we had to send an official transcript to them from our schools, I thought everything was packed with AACOMAS.

Anyways, to those with similar problem, go ahead and get those transcripts sent ASAP so your application can be complete. And yes you can send them electronically to the school, which helps.

If you're using e-transcript delivery, send to "[email protected]" . Again, make sure to check yourselves just to make sure. That is the email the representative told me.
i also do not have the transcript bar

so the link they sent for my secondary was
https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bwskalog.P_ProcNewApp

whereas today, they sent an email saying

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system, WebSTAR(https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin):

• Go to WebSTAR at www.webstar.nova.edu and select Admissions.
  • Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN. If you filed a paper application, use your NSU ID and Personal Identification Number* (PIN).
my login for the first link won't work for the second link. i looked at my checklist from the first link and everything is received. but the email said i have outstanding requirements
lol does that mean they like what i submitted or i have missing documents

also, i still haven't received a call. does that mean i'm not complete yet
I received this e-mail this morning, after I had received a call stating that all of my materials were received and under review... So I'm not exactly sure. Again the only thing it says are missing are my transcripts? Which I thought weren't sent to them unless we are accepted?

I didn't send nova my transcripts but still received a call this morning stating my app was complete and ready for review

So, I had the same issue. My transcript was not marked as received, but everything else was. I just got off the phone with admissions and was told that I have nothing to worry about. They use the transcript linked with our AACOMAS application for review. Upon acceptance into the program, they will request another official transcript and that's when our transcript will be marked as "received" on the online portal. Hope this helps.

So, I had the same issue. My transcript was not marked as received, but everything else was. I just got off the phone with admissions and was told that I have nothing to worry about. They use the transcript linked with our AACOMAS application for review. Upon acceptance into the program, they will request another official transcript and that's when our transcript will be marked as "received" on the online portal. Hope this helps.
I just did the same thing. The woman said I had nothing to worry about at this time and that this would be needed upon being accepted to NSU so if anyone has this same status, we're all good for right now.

The representative I talked to told me I had to send the transcripts, can you pm or post here the # you used to call? Thanks

The representative I talked to told me I had to send the transcripts, can you pm or post here the # you used to call? Thanks
1-877-640-0218 (Health Professions Division (HPD) Office of Admissions)

1-800-356-0026 EXT. 21101, this was the number I was told to call from the voicemail left by NSUCOM.

Got the call that I'm ready for review, no transcripts needed as of now.

Last edited:
I thought that call was going to be an II. But its nice of them to personally reach out and tell me my app is complete.

Quick update: To those who still needed transcripts, apparently they thought I had graduated and thus was requiring my completed transcripts. Once I told them I still need to finish my last year, they told me I am fully complete and that they made a note on my app letting them know I have a year left to finish my bachelors. Again super weird....since nowhere on my app did I put I had graduated lol.

I received a call on 07/07, submitted the secondary app on 07/04. The call was very hard to understand. Does anyone know or have you heard when they will start calling people for interviews!!?

I received a call on 07/07, submitted the secondary app on 07/04. The call was very hard to understand. Does anyone know or have you heard when they will start calling people for interviews!!?

From last year's thread it seems they started sending out Interview Invites not until the 2nd week of August..

Hey guys, this might be a silly question but in the secondary, it asks you to explain where you learned about osteopathic medicine and a section for explaining all healthcare related activities. Are these the "essays". Are they judging your writing skills here or can I just list my activities.

I would definitely elaborate and write a little about it.

Hey guys, this might be a silly question but in the secondary, it asks you to explain where you learned about osteopathic medicine and a section for explaining all healthcare related activities. Are these the "essays". Are they judging your writing skills here or can I just list my activities.

Can we get the prompt for this secondary posted on post #1 please. Thank you.

People: Please share the secondaries, sheesh.

People: Please share the secondaries, sheesh.

"How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?"
"List any paid employment not including summer jobs, responsibilities, and hours per week"
"List and briefly describe your health care related volunteer activities since high school."

2000 character maximum for each

Reactions: 1 users
How are you guys checking the status of your application/how do we know what's going on with our application after we've received "the call". All I am able to do is when I log in to the page below is click on the process application "Fall 2016" link. This leads me to basically a checklist of what I have, but give any updates about anything.

https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

are we supposed to write an essay on how we learnt about osteopathic medicine? I mean like a proper long answer?

I just realized that I technically have 3 science faculty letters and no non-science. One of the professors teaches a course not classified as BCPM so I thought it was okay, that was a mistake. I think I'll try and email NSU to see if anything can be done. It would not be ideal to call upon some random non-science professor so late in the game for a LOR but that is also an option I guess. Thoughts?

I just realized that I technically have 3 science faculty letters and no non-science. One of the professors teaches a course not classified as BCPM so I thought it was okay, that was a mistake. I think I'll try and email NSU to see if anything can be done. It would not be ideal to call upon some random non-science professor so late in the game for a LOR but that is also an option I guess. Thoughts?
I think you will be fine.
They are willing to substitute one of my non science letters with a physician letter.
I would just call and ask about your case.

I'm in the same boat. Let us know what they say!

I think you will be fine.
They are willing to substitute one of my non science letters with a physician letter.
I would just call and ask about your case.
Well I've got a letter for an MD, hopefully that will work? I've just contacted them so we'll see. Fingers crossed haha

I'm in the same boat. Let us know what they say!
I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Does a PI count as a "science letter" even if you didn't take a course in which they taught? Furthermore, is there a max number of letters? I will call tomorrow to ask these questions, but since they are closed I was hoping someone else can provide insight. Thanks!

Does a PI count as a "science letter" even if you didn't take a course in which they taught? Furthermore, is there a max number of letters? I will call tomorrow to ask these questions, but since they are closed I was hoping someone else can provide insight. Thanks!
PI letter is research letter, but I always heard that it is not lethal to use PI letter to replace science letter in MD schools especially for those who left school for quite a while.

PI letter is research letter, but I always heard that it is not lethal to use PI letter to replace science letter in MD schools especially for those who left school for quite a while.

Yeah I have enough science letters, but I believe my PI letter to a impressive letter due to his qualifications, but I guess I will just use my other letters.

PS. Your picture is hilarious haha