Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are you guys checking the status of your application/how do we know what's going on with our application after we've received "the call". All I am able to do is when I log in to the page below is click on the process application "Fall 2016" link. This leads me to basically a checklist of what I have, but give any updates about anything.

https://webstar.nova.edu/pls/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon

I second this, not sure how to check my app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To anybody that has completed the secondary:

I am unsure how to answer the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" question -- do you guys think they are asking for classification/marketing purposes, or do you think they expect you to explain where you heard it and why you want it?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I am unsure how to answer the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" question -- do you guys think they are asking for classification/marketing purposes, or do you think they expect you to explain where you heard it and why you want it?
I answered as a classification. Hope that's what they're lookikh for!

I answered it like 1 paragraph long stating how I heard about it and that it interested me because I wanted to go into primary care

Is anybody completely done with their app but missing a date under "Received" for their AACOMAS Service Application? I'm also missing dates for my transcripts, but to the right 2/3 of my transcripts are listed.. So confused.

Is anybody completely done with their app but missing a date under "Received" for their AACOMAS Service Application? I'm also missing dates for my transcripts, but to the right 2/3 of my transcripts are listed.. So confused.

Mine is even weirder! All mine has is the service app line with no date...nothing about transcripts or MCAT or anything at all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 98
Mine is even weirder! All mine has is the service app line with no date...nothing about transcripts or MCAT or anything at all!

Whaatt.. did u submit your mcat and lors? And your transcripts?

Whaatt.. did u submit your mcat and lors? And your transcripts?
Yes. Everything has been submitted via my verified AACOMAS app! I guess I should call them and ask what's going on.

Edit - just got the phone call that everything is complete :) phew!

Last edited:
I am a little nervous after reading through here. In my secondary, I didn't realize that the questions about why DO, etc were meant to be short answer. I merely answered with 'pre-health advisor' for a one word answer (what I assumed - albeit stupidly - they were looking for). Should I do something about this/is there anything I can do about this?

I am a little nervous after reading through here. In my secondary, I didn't realize that the questions about why DO, etc were meant to be short answer. I merely answered with 'pre-health advisor' for a one word answer (what I assumed - albeit stupidly - they were looking for). Should I do something about this/is there anything I can do about this?
Same situation, but I don't think we necessarily know they were looking for a short answer, do we?

Members don't see this ad :)
That is true, and for the volunteer question they did say 'briefly describe', which is why it prompted me to elaborate more. I plan on asking when they call to say they have received everything just to be sure, but I doubt this one question is cause for panic yet.
Same situation, but I don't think we necessarily know they were looking for a short answer, do we?

Yes. Everything has been submitted via my verified AACOMAS app! I guess I should call them and ask what's going on.

Edit - just got the phone call that everything is complete :) phew!

Nice! I'm still waiting on a phone call :( anyone mind telling me what the area code of the phone number was so I can keep an eye out for it? (I don't usually answer numbers I don't recognize)

Nice! I'm still waiting on a phone call :( anyone mind telling me what the area code of the phone number was so I can keep an eye out for it? (I don't usually answer numbers I don't recognize)

(954)-262-8000

Anybody else answer the volunteer and work experience in a resume type format?

is the call just to tell you they have everything? do they ask any questions?

Anyone here who sent LOR directly from Interfolio? If so did you send it to a certain address?

Also are you guys sending more letters than the minimum requirement?

Same agh, should we wait a little bit longer or call them at some point?
If I don't hear by them by next monday I am going to call. That would be the 3rd week for me, but until then I am going to try to contain myself.

1. Letters of recommendation from:
    • A physician (M.D. or D.O.)
    • The pre-professional committee, or if such a committee does not exist, then three letters of recommendation are needed (two from science professors and one non-science professor)

Examples of a non-science letter include but are not limited to English, Psychology, Mathematics, and Humanities.It is recommended that letters are signed or submitted on official school letterhead.

does having premed committee letter replace having no non-science LOR?

It
  1. Letters of recommendation from:
    • A physician (M.D. or D.O.)
    • The pre-professional committee, or if such a committee does not exist, then three letters of recommendation are needed (two from science professors and one non-science professor)

Examples of a non-science letter include but are not limited to English, Psychology, Mathematics, and Humanities.It is recommended that letters are signed or submitted on official school letterhead.
does having premed committee letter replace having no non-science LOR?
it appears so

Just sent in my secondary and letters to this school...second time applicant here, improved stats etc. We're really early guys!

Does anybody know if Nova holds regional interviews? Or do we have to go to FL if we get an II?

When admissions called me to let me know my app was complete, they indicated that regional interviews do happen. They prefer in person, though, and recommend you do so for your own benefit (since seeing the school/getting a feel in-person) usually plays a big role in choosing a school.

Applying this year for the first time! finally!!!!! sooooo beyond excited! Nova is 15mins from my house....please let it be!!!!!!!! Taking MCAT on Aug 6 & applying shortly after. I have been an RN for about two years now....attempted to study while I was working full time but didn't want to risk a poor MCAT score so I decided to wait until this year since I was able to save $$$ and quit my job for the summer.

anyways, good luck to everyone! Glad to embark this journey with people that understand!....Back to studying!...another TPR test! );

Reactions: 6 users
So I received the phone call saying they received everything and my app is complete and ready for review. That was a little over a week ago. When I go to my application online the status for everything is blank. Is this happening to anyone else? Should I be concerned?

So I received the phone call saying they received everything and my app is complete and ready for review. That was a little over a week ago. When I go to my application online the status for everything is blank. Is this happening to anyone else? Should I be concerned?
I got the same phone call for my complete application as well last week. If they called to say it's complete, then it's probably complete. If it'll rest your nerves just call tomorrow morning....

I'm having a really hard time getting a hold of these people. I initially used their website's question application with no response, then I emailed them, waited with no response, emailed them again, waited with no response. I tried calling almost two weeks ago but the person I needed to talk to was out of the office. I called again on my day off last week and was transferred to a different person who was on the phone with someone else so I left a message with all of my information and everything and I still haven't heard back. It is really frustrating because it is way past the two week mark for my secondary but I'm not going to pay them the fee if I don't even know if I meet their LOR requirements.

What letters are you missing? I always go right to calling with these schools, no hesitation. They are still preparing everyone for the first class (as per the person who called me). Call them right now...

What letters are you missing? I always go right to calling with these schools, no hesitation. They are still preparing everyone for the first class (as per the person who called me). Call them right now...
I'm missing the non-science faculty letter. I would call but I'm at work, scribe, so I can't really call right now.

How many weeks after submitting the secondary/getting the completed application call until we hear something? Are we supposed to call to get updates?

How many weeks after submitting the secondary/getting the completed application call until we hear something? Are we supposed to call to get updates?
I got mine like a day or so after I submitted. Maybe call for f/u?

I'm missing the non-science faculty letter. I would call but I'm at work, scribe, so I can't really call right now.

I sent an email via their website about the same issue and got a reply back the next day, which said that the non-science letter could be from anyone not science-related... and then gave examples: manager/supervisor, community service, english/social studies/psychology, etc.

I wrote back to confirm this since the website specifically mentions a letter from non-science FACULTY/PROF... haven't received a reply back to that yet and it's been over 2 weeks

I sent all my transcripts to AACOMAS and they had all my transcripts verified. YET when I called NSU today, they said that they need my transcripts.
I'm SO confused.....why do they need my transcripts if I already sent them to AACOMAS? Anyone there knows what is going on?

So far I have gotten interviews from the other school that I applied to in Florida, and the school in my hometown in Philadelphia but nothing back from NOVA yet. And it's my top school, I would drop the others in a heartbeat if nova got back to me; does that mean that my stats don't make the cut for the early interviews for NOVA, or have they not started them yet?
If anyone has gotten an interview on here lemme know please.
Which philly school? And no I don't think nova has started sending IIs yet.

I meant that I am from Philly, but the school was in my state of PA; it was LEECOM in PA, and Bradenton in FL