Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have seven LORs but no non-science prof ones. Going to try to call in tomorrow to see if it has to be a professor/faculty member. It's a hassle making these calls while being overseas lol.

Members don't see this ad.

a
I have seven LORs but no non-science prof ones. Going to try to call in tomorrow to see if it has to be a professor/faculty member. It's a hassle making these calls while being overseas lol.
are they a part of a committee packet? you using AACOMAS or Interfolio/virt eval?

I talked to a guy yesterday, it can be substituted with a second physician letter, a volunteer coordinator, or work supervisor

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to a guy yesterday, it can be substituted with a second physician letter, a volunteer coordinator, or work supervisor
Do we have to let them know we are substituting or can we just send them in?

a

are they a part of a committee packet? you using AACOMAS or Interfolio/virt eval?

They are not part of a packet. Interfolio.
edit: Sending LORs through AACOMAS. Doing the whole Interfolio LOR thing for every school is going to be too expensive for me.

Last edited:
Do we have to let them know we are substituting or can we just send them in?
He said that you could write it in the "any additional information?" prompt, but that I didn't HAVE to

Reactions: 1 user
I have read through this entire thread and Im still confused. Submitted everything. Got a call saying I was ready for review. On this call they asked me to send transcripts now. This was yesterday. I have graduated. What's the deal?

I have read through this entire thread and Im still confused. Submitted everything. Got a call saying I was ready for review. On this call they asked me to send transcripts now. This was yesterday. I have graduated. What's the deal?

On the website, does it say your transcripts and aacomas app were received?

On the website, does it say your transcripts and aacomas app were received?

All that is listed is Application, Signature Page, MCAT scores. They are all listed with received dates of 7/28

Just submitted this secondary! Super excited about this school. Great board passing rates, residency matches, etc

Did you get an interview invite?

I got the call about my file being complete but that was July 10.
Hey just saw this now sorry...no that was just a call for completion...I don't know if they've handed any invites out?

Anyone have trouble with LORs not being received by NOVA? I could see 4 records uploaded and AACOMAS as well as another school could see them all yet NOVA could only see one and said the others haven't arrived. I'm having my evaluators resubmit by mail.

Anyone have trouble with LORs not being received by NOVA? I could see 4 records uploaded and AACOMAS as well as another school could see them all yet NOVA could only see one and said the others haven't arrived. I'm having my evaluators resubmit by mail.

Yeah the AACOMAS received my committee letter yet NSU said they haven't received it...

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know when interview season begins for nova

Phone call, application under review :) MCAT score isn't "official" yet, surprising.

Yeah the AACOMAS received my committee letter yet NSU said they haven't received it...
Mine were all submitted via AACOMAS between 7/9 and 7/25. As of this morning, only one still shows up on NOVA's page. Don't understand.

Linda in admissions is going to help troubleshoot the issue. Very nice lady.

Complete phone call :)

any idea when to expect earliest ii's from nova?

Hopefully sometime tomorrow or next week. I believe last year the first ii's started coming out August 12th

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully sometime tomorrow or next week. I believe last year the first ii's started coming out August 12th

With the AACOMAS app issues, I'd guess next week at the earliest

I've called Nova multiple times and they keep saying they have not received my LORs, even though I updated the application and they refreshed it. I submitted my application before the LOR were submitted to AACOMAS. Has anyone else had this problem? How were you able to fix this? I really don't want this technical issue to hold me back from a potential ii...

I've called Nova multiple times and they keep saying they have not received my LORs, even though I updated the application and they refreshed it. I submitted my application before the LOR were submitted to AACOMAS. Has anyone else had this problem? How were you able to fix this? I really don't want this technical issue to hold me back from a potential ii...

They haven't started sending out IIs, but just be patient. Same thing happened to me -- I submitted my app before all my letters were in, and then after that realized I never released them from AAMC so had to also do that. it took time but eventually my nova app updated that everything was received. Just takes time! :) plus I know AACOMAS is having problems sending LORs to some schools but I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Anyone here send LORs through interfolio? if so how long did it take for them to get it?

Anyone here send LORs through interfolio? if so how long did it take for them to get it?

took about 1 week for them to upload it but I sent an extra letter on july 21st and they haven't received it yet.

How long after submitting the secondary did the online app status change to show which of your documents are received? I submitted mine today and all I see when I click on "Fall 2016" is Admission Term, Application Type etc. but nothing about my LORs or Transcripts

I submitted my secondary application 7/31 and the documents appeared 8/4 (which is also when I got a completion call).

Did you send your letters through AACOMAS?

Okay, I still have no completion call and I submitted my application and all my letters on july 6th. on the portal it says all of my letters have been received. I am starting to worry now.

I sent mine through the AACOMAS too, and was worried that my webstar homepage did not show that NSU has received my LORs. I called the AdCom and even they told me that they dont have any LORs on my file. It was later when I told them that my LORs were sent through AACOMAS, they told me that then it is "part of the application" and it must be in the application. However, she said she cannot pull apart the application to see if its in there, but she told me not to worry, cuz the AdCom will most definitely be able to see it when they do a review on me.
So i'm guessing you are in a similar boat, if you sent your LOR through AACOMAS

Yes. They were sent throught the AACOMAS service

I sent mine through the AACOMAS too, and was worried that my webstar homepage did not show that NSU has received my LORs. I called the AdCom and even they told me that they dont have any LORs on my file. It was later when I told them that my LORs were sent through AACOMAS, they told me that then it is "part of the application" and it must be in the application. However, she said she cannot pull apart the application to see if its in there, but she told me not to worry, cuz the AdCom will most definitely be able to see it when they do a review on me.
So i'm guessing you are in a similar boat, if you sent your LOR through AACOMAS

I received a call on 07/07, submitted the secondary app on 07/04. The call was very hard to understand. Does anyone know or have you heard when they will start calling people for interviews!!?
I got the call too, it's just to verify a few things and let you know the application is complete. Kinda pointless and gets our hopes up too high if you ask me...

If it helps, I received a phone call I was complete here in late July. I never submitted my letters through inter-folio (only ACCOMAS). Funny enough, I had heard back from this school within a week of submitting my secondary.

got verified 8/5 will they send me secondaries without an mcat score? still waiting for my scores from taking it in july. 3.8+ cgpa and sgpa. In state student

Anybody else got a complete call about two weeks ago, but sees only this on their portal:

AACOMAS Service, Signature Page, MCAT Test Scores

Nothing else is even on that list, such as LORs, Transcripts, etc.

Anybody else got a complete call about two weeks ago, but sees only this on their portal:

Yes. Me. I emailed them and they said they received my letters but they still don't show on the portal. I used interfolio.

Edit: They now show in the portal with the name of each LOR writer.

Last edited:
I sent all my transcripts to AACOMAS and they had all my transcripts verified. YET when I called NSU today, they said that they need my transcripts.
I'm SO confused.....why do they need my transcripts if I already sent them to AACOMAS? Anyone there knows what is going on?
Did you hear anything back or find out? My portal shows all was received 7/31 with all of my letters. I had received the call that I was complete and ready for review. A couple nights ago I got an email that they received my letters of eval and so I called just to make sure they were really complete. The man I spoke with said all was received but that they would probably want my transcripts. I asked him if he needed these before my application was complete or when he would need them. He said he didn't know and transferred me to a counselor. I left a voicemail but haven't heard back. My portal online shows all requirements were received but I'm also confused about the transcripts

Did you hear anything back or find out? My portal shows all was received 7/31 with all of my letters. I had received the call that I was complete and ready for review. A couple nights ago I got an email that they received my letters of eval and so I called just to make sure they were really complete. The man I spoke with said all was received but that they would probably want my transcripts. I asked him if he needed these before my application was complete or when he would need them. He said he didn't know and transferred me to a counselor. I left a voicemail but haven't heard back. My portal online shows all requirements were received but I'm also confused about the transcripts

I called them again to find out what the transcript hassle is and it turned out that they will only be needing it once you get accepted to their program. Nothing to worry about now.
Did you send ur letters through AACOMAS?

Yep...in the same boat.
I was told that since my LORs were sent through AACOMAS, I won't see a separate section for it...

I called them again to find out what the transcript hassle is and it turned out that they will only be needing it once you get accepted to their program. Nothing to worry about now.
Yep, aacomas. All the evaluators' names are on my portal as well

I figured it was after acceptance, but I was like shoot, I'm ok with a pre acceptance! lol

Strange, when they called me I definitely tried to clarify if that was a pre-acceptance thing and they said yes and to send them now.

I just got off the phone with them again and was told my application was complete for review, letters and all. I was told the transcripts aren't needed immediately as they should be sent via aacomas but they are required for my whole application to be considered complete. It was emphasized that it doesn't mean acceptance. I'll be sending mine in just to be sure and be prepared if needed.

For transcript submission I was given two options that are also found on their site.

electronically transcript submission: [email protected]

Physical Mailing address:

Enrollment Processing Services
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905

I just got off the phone with them again and was told my application was complete for review, letters and all. I was told the transcripts aren't needed immediately as they should be sent via aacomas but they are required for my whole application to be considered complete. It was emphasized that it doesn't mean acceptance. I'll be sending mine in just to be sure and be prepared if needed.

For transcript submission I was given two options that are also found on their site.

electronically transcript submission: [email protected]

Physical Mailing address:

Enrollment Processing Services
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905

Via AACOMAS??? Jesus they are giving different information to everyone. Kind of embarrassing on their end.