Nova Southeastern University international pharmacy program fall 2015 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harry07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey anyone is applying for fall 2015 international PharmD program?
Please post here. We can share things and keep in touch with each other.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I applied for the standard 2015 application and got my interview letter today. How far along are you in the application process?

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

I applied for the standard 2015 application and got my interview letter today. How far along are you in the application process?

hey,
thanks for reply.
congrats for interview!
All the best.
I have filled up my online application a month ago and still need to submit my GRE score. I think they will start interview in December for international students.
what is your interview date?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
NVM, this is international, but I still think its in the wrong section? not sure .-.

hey,
thanks for reply.
congrats for interview!
All the best.
I have filled up my online application a month ago and still need to submit my GRE score. I think they will start interview in December for international students.
what is your interview date?

Thank you :) My interview is on October 17Th. Is the GRE a requirement for the international applicants? How about the PCAT? It doesn't pertain to me, but I'm cuious to know and we'd all start together anyway. Hopefully you get an interview soon. I have a friend who just started and so far she is loving it!

Thank you :) My interview is on October 17Th. Is the GRE a requirement for the international applicants? How about the PCAT? It doesn't pertain to me, but I'm cuious to know and we'd all start together anyway. Hopefully you get an interview soon. I have a friend who just started and so far she is loving it!
Thay offer both the option Either PCAT or GRE. so I am going for GRE. Ya I hope that i can get admission this year.Thank you. If you find other international students in any other forum please give them this link.

Congrats and Best of Luck to harry07 and triathnrs11 for your interview and success in your career. Don't forget to share your experience with us.
Thank you. And what about you? R u in the process too?

Thank you Jacks5451, I will surely share my experience after the interview :)

Hello harry07 i am working in a pharmacy retail store.No I am not in a same process.
Jacks5451, did you graduate from NSU COP? If so, how was your experience there?

Hello harry07 i am working in a pharmacy retail store.No I am not in a same process.
ohh great!! I am also looking forward to work in retail before getting into the pharmacy school. So are you planning to apply for Pharmd in future?

hey trianthnrs11 how was your interview? hope it went well. let us know!!!

Hi harry07,

The interview was great! They really made all of us feel at home and comfortable. It was more of a conversational setting. Not intimidating at all. Even the other people that I interviewed with were great conversationalists and are from all over the country. Overall great experience and cannot wait to hear some good news in the upcoming weeks. I hope you get to hear from them soon. I would maybe suggest to contact Kori or Jeffrey, they are truly there to help you :)

Hi harry07,

The interview was great! They really made all of us feel at home and comfortable. It was more of a conversational setting. Not intimidating at all. Even the other people that I interviewed with were great conversationalists and are from all over the country. Overall great experience and cannot wait to hear some good news in the upcoming weeks. I hope you get to hear from them soon. I would maybe suggest to contact Kori or Jeffrey, they are truly there to help you :)
hey,
good to hear about your interview. Hope you will get the good news soon. Thank you for your comment. I will definately contact them. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied for fall 2015 international. What about you? Got any update regarding interview?

I have applied for fall 2015 international. What about you? Got any update regarding interview?
hey when did you submit your application?
yeah i got interview call via email.

hey when did you submit your application?
yeah i got interview call via email.
Submitted 45 days back. I also got an interview call. please provide your email address. We can discuss more.

i can not post my email address here. you c

thank you. did you get any news ?

Not yet. They said up to three weeks and this Friday will be the three week mark.The waiting is nerve wrecking!! When is your interview?

Not yet. They said up to three weeks and this Friday will be the three week mark.The waiting is nerve wrecking!! When is your interview?

I can understand your situation. i hope after this long waiting u get positive news. my interview is on 5th december.

Hi everyone
I have also applied after 24th Oct for Fall 2015. Usually how long would it take to receive interview call after application?

Hi everyone
I have also applied after 24th Oct for Fall 2015. Usually how long would it take to receive interview call after application?
you will get the news soon i guess.

hey congrats for acceptance and how many of you got in out of those interview wid u that day? any idea?
and please share some questions for interview..

hey congrats! so you are also coming on 5th December?
where are u from?

Yes. I just scheduled my interview on Dec 5, 8.30 am.
I am from India.How about you?

hey I have a question for you.
Have you taken Pharmacokinetics course?

hey congrats for acceptance and how many of you got in out of those interview wid u that day? any idea?
and please share some questions for interview..

Thank you!!! I am so relieved as this is the only school I applied to. I know of two so far excluding myself. They asked me the following questions: How did you prepare for the PCAT? What do you think is the role of a pharmacist? Do you think your grades were fair in undergrad? How many pharmacy schools did you apply to? If you don't get accepted, what would you do? Why did you choose NSU? They also asked me a medication question about the dosage of Terbutaline.

The overall interview was not intimidating and was a good experience. Everyone was nervous and Jeff was telling us not to be. It's inevitable though lol Here's a list of potential questions that I acquired. Hope this helped and best of good luck to those of you interviewing next!! :)

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: COLLEGE OF PHARMACY

1. What did you do after high school?
2. What influenced your decision to be a pharmacist? (why do you want to become a pharmacist)
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (5 yrs, etc)
4. Do you see yourself working in a retail pharmacy?
5. What are some of the different areas (fields) in pharmacy?
6. Do you have any pharmacy experience? If so, what do you like about your job?
7. What is the greatest issue facing the health care field today, and how would you fix it?
8. If you were to pick up a magazine, what would it be?
9. How did you prepare for the PCAT?
10. Why do you feel a specific PCAT score was low? (Explain your PCAT scores)
11. What is your first school choice?
12. Why do you want to come to NSU (other school)
13. What other school(s) did you apply to?
14. What would you do if all of the schools to which you applied rejected you? (What would you do if you are not accepted this year?)
15. Where would you go if you are accepted in all the schools you applied to?
16. If a friend of yours were to describe you, what 3 words would they use?
17. How would your friends describe you and your study habits?
18. Why did you change from a career in business?
19. What is your strength? Weakness? (Tell us 3 of you weaknesses, etc
20. What did you do during your break from school (1985-1994)?
21. How do you study for your classes?
22. What is your best subject? Worst subject?
23. Can you handle 18 credits?
24. How are your time management skills?
25. Let’s say you left a class with a huge pile of material to memorize for your next class. How would you study it?
26. What are your extracurricular activities?
27. Why pharmacy?
28. Tell me about yourself.
29. What do you do for fun/to relieve stress?
30. What sets you apart from other applicants who have applied?
31. Your greatest strength/weakness?
32. Your greatest accomplishment?
33. How do you study/prepare for a test?
34. Recall a difficult situation/ethical dilemma you were faced with and how you dealt with it?
35. Why should we accept you?
36. What are the qualities of a pharmacist (that you possess)?
37. Can PharmD’s prescribe?
38. What does a pharmacist do?
39. Who is your role model/mentor? Why?
40. Describe a situation where you took on a leadership role.
41. 3 adjectives describing yourself.
42. The future of pharmacy/challenges in the field?
43. What sticks out to you in our curriculum?
44. What has shaped your moral character?
45. How did you deal with a situation where you had to work with someone you didn’t like very much?
46. What was your defining moment for deciding on a career in pharmacy?
47. Describe a time you gave someone the benefit of the doubt.
48. Describe to us a time you were misunderstood with something you said.
49. Describe a time you were altruistic.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh no!! They do ask medication question:(. It is making me nervous..It been ages I studied all that stuff. I do need to brush up all the stuff.:(:(:(

Oh no!! They do ask medication question:(. It is making me nervous..It been ages I studied all that stuff. I do need to brush up all the stuff.:(:(:(

I wouldn't worry about that. I told them that I don't remember the dosage but know that it works by relaxing smooth muscle and used for preterm labor. They are not looking for an answer but how you react to it. I wouldn't worry about being asked a medication question.

Yes. I just scheduled my interview on Dec 5, 8.30 am.
I am from India.How about you?

hey I have a question for you.
Have you taken Pharmacokinetics course?

hey same here. we are in the same lot. 5th 8:30 am.
I am from gujarat, india.R u from which state?
and dont worry about pre requisite requirements. U will b fine as u have submitted the foreign coursework evaluation.

Thank you!!! I am so relieved as this is the only school I applied to. I know of two so far excluding myself. They asked me the following questions: How did you prepare for the PCAT? What do you think is the role of a pharmacist? Do you think your grades were fair in undergrad? How many pharmacy schools did you apply to? If you don't get accepted, what would you do? Why did you choose NSU? They also asked me a medication question about the dosage of Terbutaline.

The overall interview was not intimidating and was a good experience. Everyone was nervous and Jeff was telling us not to be. It's inevitable though lol Here's a list of potential questions that I acquired. Hope this helped and best of good luck to those of you interviewing next!! :)

2. What influenced your decision to be a pharmacist? (why do you want to become a pharmacist)
7. What is the greatest issue facing the health care field today, and how would you fix it?
14. What would you do if all of the schools to which you applied rejected you? (What would you do if you are not accepted this year?)
25. Let’s say you left a class with a huge pile of material to memorize for your next class. How would you study it?
27. Why pharmacy?
34. Recall a difficult situation/ethical dilemma you were faced with and how you dealt with it?
45. How did you deal with a situation where you had to work with someone you didn’t like very much?

hey thank you so much for sharing these questions. It will help us. Thanks a lot.

hey same here. we are in the same lot. 5th 8:30 am.
I am from gujarat, india.R u from which state?
and dont worry about pre requisite requirements. U will b fine as u have submitted the foreign coursework evaluation.

Same here I am also from Gujarat. And Yup I am all set about pre-requisites I just e-mailed and talked with Kori.

Anybody here know any current students from NSU? They could be our best mentors in terms of interview tips. It would be great if we have some one here.

27. Why pharmacy?

What did you reply when they asked you that if you will not be enrolled, what will you do?

Any other school have you applied?

I have also applied to Roseman. Have you applied anywhere else?
Do you know how many people interviews a student at NSU? I heard that panel of 4 people took the interview. That is making me nervous.

Do you know how many people interviews a student at NSU? I heard that panel of 4 people took the interview. That is making me nervous.
I have not applied to anywhere else..what is your background? b.pharm? any higher degree? work experience?

What did you reply when they asked you that if you will not be enrolled, what will you do?

I said the following "I would try to find out why, see where my application is lacking, perhaps obtain a BS in chemistry and take more advanced science courses, I would re-apply, and not give up".

Mine was two people and everyone that I've spoken to has also had two people. Don't be nervous of the interview. The anticipation is the worse. Just be yourself, show that you are passionate about your education and the program they have to offer. Also...please make sure to wear a suit and be well groomed, paying attention to details. Looking sharp on an interview would show that you are professional and is also a great confidence booster! Best of luck!

I have not applied to anywhere else..what is your background? b.pharm? any higher degree? work experience?

I did Bachelors and Masters of Pharmacy from India.And volunteered as a hospital pharmacist here.How about you?

Whats up guys? Im from Jamaica, and Im applying for the international PharmD program at Nova as well. I have submitted all my required docs, and have received my interview email. Date for my interview is December 15th. Has anyone done an interview yet and what advice can you give me for my interview?

Whats up guys? Im from Jamaica, and Im applying for the international PharmD program at Nova as well. I have submitted all my required docs, and have received my interview email. Date for my interview is December 15th. Has anyone done an interview yet and what advice can you give me for my interview?
hey congrats and best of luck for interview. my interview is on 5th dec and i think that is the first date for international program.

Anyone have idea about the interview procedure?
Can anyone brief here the sequence of events on interview day? I am not able to find much info about Nova interview.

Anyone have idea about the interview procedure?
Can anyone brief here the sequence of events on interview day? I am not able to find much info about Nova interview.
I do not have exact idea but there must be a campus tour followed by the interviews.