Nova Southeastern University Masters in BioMedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess we are giving up until Tuesday.. No news yet :(

Members don't see this ad.

Ahhh.... Well lets just try and enjoy this weekend. Bummer :/ cant stress about what we cant control.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called. They said by this week or next. Ahhh the days just keep on adding ! This is insanely stressful

I spoke with Dr. Dribin today and I am high on the alternate list at this point. She is waiting for movement in the medical school for those seats to open up. So good luck to everyone and I am keeping my fingers crossed

I spoke with Dr. Dribin today and I am high on the alternate list at this point. She is waiting for movement in the medical school for those seats to open up. So good luck to everyone and I am keeping my fingers crossed

So does that mean there are no seats available and all 15 are already decided? What did she say exactly?

She did not indicate whether all seats were full she was just telling me just because I have only taken the mcat once ad others have taken it three times or more and are good applicants and they had a little more priority. Also there were students last year that were not accepted that they accepted this year leaving less seats.. So I have to wait for movement in medical schools before the alternate list also has movement..

She did not indicate whether all seats were full she was just telling me just because I have only taken the mcat once ad others have taken it three times or more and are good applicants and they had a little more priority. Also there were students last year that were not accepted that they accepted this year leaving less seats.. So I have to wait for movement in medical schools before the alternate list also has movement..

Oh I see. Now I understand.

Got the phone call today and got accepted!! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!!

Congratulations guys!! ...I wonder if they already told the ppl who last year they couldn't accept, but they're accepting this year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys!!!!! I hope there is some movement so I have a chance I do not want to have to take mcat again and love NOVA!!

Congrats to everyone! kreindel, I feel like I may be an alternate as well...I've only taken my mcat twice and I just graduated in may. At my interview they hinted that most people that are accepted have taken their mcat more than twice :(

Yup that is exactly what they told me as well and what Dr Dribin explained to me on the phone. We just have to stay positive and hope there is movement in the program and the medical school as well. I will keep you updated if I hear anything though!

Well, I've taken the MCAT 3 times...had good grades...done tons of extracurriculars...shadowed AT nova...applied last year and got waitlisted...spoke with Dr. Dribin all year about what to do and did what she told me...and I haven't heard anything either. Sooooo, getting kind of anxious now...

Tomorrow's my bday, hopefully I'll hear then...would be an awesome present :xf:

Thank you! and I will let you know if I hear anything as well!

DarkPixie, What did Dr. Dribin say that you should do during that year? did she want you to take the mcat again and then apply to the DO school again?

Thank you! and I will let you know if I hear anything as well!

DarkPixie, What did Dr. Dribin say that you should do during that year? did she want you to take the mcat again and then apply to the DO school again?

No, actually she told me to take more high level science courses. So when I was registering I made sure to ask her for advice on what would be best to take. She also helped me with shadowing. Basically just kept in contact with her. Then she said reapply and let her know when I send my application in.

How long were you on the wait list last year before you heard something??? I think you will get in then!!! And my birthday is Friday so that would be a nice gift as well!!

How long were you on the wait list last year before you heard something??? I think you will get in then!!! And my birthday is Friday so that would be a nice gift as well!!

I was told I was on the waitlist Memorial Day weekend (bad bday then lol) and got the "official" letter that no one gave up a spot by August I think?? And how awesome, hope we both have good birthdays!!

No, actually she told me to take more high level science courses. So when I was registering I made sure to ask her for advice on what would be best to take. She also helped me with shadowing. Basically just kept in contact with her. Then she said reapply and let her know when I send my application in.

Like as a non-degree seeking student? And what classes? Sorry about all the questions I'm getting really anxious and just wanna have some sort of a plan if I don't get in haha

August man?!! Lol that is a long time and kind of sucks that the possibility no one will give up a spot. :( happy birthday and hope its with good news!

I'm an alternate too.....Dr. Dribin just emailed me back

Got emailed too...alternate...again. I really don't get it, I feel like I did everything asked of me. I'm at a loss right now...

Did she tell you if you were high on the List or not ?? The worst you can do is get discouraged... Look into fau program Lecom touro-Harlem. Maybe Barry program.

Did she tell you if you were high on the List or not ?? The worst you can do is get discouraged... Look into fau program Lecom touro-Harlem. Maybe Barry program.

agree with Kreindel! I think LECOM's program is very good as well. And they are still accepting applications. 3.0 on the post bacc and a 23 on the MCAT, they pretty much guarantee you a spot.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys. She didn't tell me high or low, just "alternate again." I had only applied here, but I guess if lecom is still accepting apps there's no harm in sending one (except my MCAT score was 22).

Like as a non-degree seeking student? And what classes? Sorry about all the questions I'm getting really anxious and just wanna have some sort of a plan if I don't get in haha

Just saw this...no worries. Yeah, as a non-degree seeking student (which sucked cause no financial aid). Classes like physiology, immunology, histology, etc...

Thanks for the supportive comments guys. She didn't tell me high or low, just "alternate again." I had only applied here, but I guess if lecom is still accepting apps there's no harm in sending one (except my MCAT score was 22).

Apply to LECOM.. They are super helpful, and they told me that students have been accepted when they were lower (just a little) than 23, as long as you rock the post bacc... Call them tomorrow. Jamie Murphy is the director, super helpful! Dont give up, live your dream :)

Anybody waiting to hear from other medical schools?

Just got accepted. For those of you on the alternate list keep your heads up! For everyone else good luck.

Did u get accepted off the waitlist?? Congrats by the way!! She told me if I had taken the mcat more than once I would of been accepted but giving people who have taken more than once priority that's why I'm on alternate list :(

Did u get accepted off the waitlist?? Congrats by the way!! She told me if I had taken the mcat more than once I would of been accepted but giving people who have taken more than once priority that's why I'm on alternate list :(

Well this is my second time applying to the program. Dr. Dribin had me at the top of the list. I was kinda on the alternate list but only for a day. Dr. Dribin said the med school took up some extra seats and that once more med students drop more MBS students will be called from the alternate list. Like I said keep your heads up and don't lose hope.

Good luck everyone! :)

Well this is my second time applying to the program. Dr. Dribin had me at the top of the list. I was kinda on the alternate list but only for a day. Dr. Dribin said the med school took up some extra seats and that once more med students drop more MBS students will be called from the alternate list. Like I said keep your heads up and don't lose hope.

Good luck everyone! :)

Congrats, hopefully that'll happen for me as well and I'll get accepted too...I'm keeping my fingers crossed:xf:

Yes she called and told me I was high on list so I hope it happens for both of us!!!

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!! I am soooooooooo excited!!

Hi everyone,

I received an Interview offer today for the fall 2013 entering class. Could anyone let me know what questions they asked you during your interview and was it a one on one interview or group? I hear this program is very hard. You must get A's to not have to take the classes in Nova's dental school and if you get one C you have to go another year. :/
Please let me know your input!

-Charlotte

Hi everyone,

I received an Interview offer today for the fall 2013 entering class. Could anyone let me know what questions they asked you during your interview and was it a one on one interview or group? I hear this program is very hard. You must get A's to not have to take the classes in Nova's dental school and if you get one C you have to go another year. :/
Please let me know your input!

-Charlotte

The interview is very laidback. They ask you about yourself and usually about your grades and test scores. The interviews are conducted one on one. Yes it's true about the A or you have to retake, at least for the meds that's true. I believe meds and dentals have to do the second year if you get a C, a second C and you're out of the program. It is really hard, but totally worth it if you're willing to put in the work.

Reactions: 1 user