Program-Specific Info / Q's Nova Southeastern University MOT Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bosh2112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted into Nova Southeastern's MOT program? I just got an acceptance email earlier this week and am so excited to meet my future classmates! :)

For anyone who lives in or knows the area, any ideas on nice, safe places to live? I'm from WI so I have no idea where to start looking. Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am attending. I have no idea what the area is like. I have actually never been to Florida before. I am planning to go to their backstage pass event in February.

Congrats! Looking forward to meet all of my future classmates.

Do you have any idea of when we will be receiving more information after paying the deposit? I might be a little anxious but considering I'll be driving down from California, I'd like to know sooner than later.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you, too!!! I haven't heard when we will be getting more information, but I'm sure if you contact Keatta she would be able to tell you. I'm definitely anxious too...seems like there is so much to figure out in just a few short months. You'll have to keep me updated on your visit there :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just started a facebook group for those accepted so that it's easier for us to communicate with one another! The name of the group is Nova Southeastern MOT Class of 2016.

Reactions: 1 user
@runnerchic13 I guess just add & message me on fb & then I'll add you to the group? I thought I made it searchable, but I guess I don't know facebook as well as I thought I did haha

@Tiffany Grace Evasco try changing the FB group's settings. Click the little setting icon, then "Edit Group Settings," and make it either an Open group or a Closed group (it can't be under Secret). That will make it much easier for everyone to find! :)

@Tiffany Grace Evasco try changing the FB group's settings. Click the little setting icon, then "Edit Group Settings," and make it either an Open group or a Closed group (it can't be under Secret). That will make it much easier for everyone to find! :)

If you want to make me an Admin, I can do it, otherwise.

Thanks! :) It's an open group for now. For some reason it was unsearchable when it was under "closed" even though it's supposed to pop up. I dunno. I'll figure it out eventually! Haha

Does anyone know anything about being a hold candidate?? I have been asking everyone and its still so unclear to me! I really hope they actually go back and review us...

Sorry for the late reply, @OThopeful504. I just now saw your post. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about being on hold, but don't be afraid to contact the department and ask questions! They are there to help you, and it might help to get your name out there. That way, they'll recognize you and will know how important this is to you. Good luck and keep us updated!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if you all would mind posting your stats? I was put on the hold list for nova and am just trying to compare my chances. Thank you!

I was wondering if you all would mind posting your stats? I was put on the hold list for nova and am just trying to compare my chances. Thank you!

Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.65
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.85
GRE: V 154, Q 147, AW 4.0
Observation & Other Experience: 50 hours of job shadowing in multiple OT settings, including pediatric clinic, pediatric hippotherapy, inpatient hospital, work & industry, mental health, and school. 25 hours volunteering in a PT/OT clinic doing a program called Fitness for the Physically Challenged - cleaning, stocking treatment rooms, and assisting with group stretching sessions. 420-hour internship in childhood Exercise and Wellness.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you!!

University: Northern Illinois University
Major: Health and Human Sciences- Pre- Physical Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.6
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V 151 Q 149 W 4

Extra-Curric: 100 hours in OT observation in skilled nursing, hand clinic, hospital, and hippotherapy settings. 5 years of work experience in a dementia unit as a resident assistant. Help residents with their ADLs and activities that are purposeful for them.

Volunteer: Hippotherapy therapeutic riding center. Helping OTs, PTs, and SLPs with children with disabilities.

Acceptances: Nova Southeastern University, Washington University in St. Louis Missouri

Rejections: none so far

Interviews: Nova (attending), Samuel Merritt (I turned it down)

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that there IS a chance for acceptance if you are a hold candidate!! I've been accepted to Nova after being a hold candidate since DECEMBER!!! This has been my first choice school all along! SO excited! I hope other hold candidates get in as well!!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that there IS a chance for acceptance if you are a hold candidate!! I've been accepted to Nova after being a hold candidate since DECEMBER!!! This has been my first choice school all along! SO excited! I hope other hold candidates get in as well!!

Congrats! We'll be classmates. Don't forget to join the Facebook Group. What are your plans in terms of living arrangements?

Congrats! We'll be classmates. Don't forget to join the Facebook Group. What are your plans in terms of living arrangements?
I can't find the facebook group. Can you add me to it please?

Last edited:
I would but I'm not sure how to do that, sorry. I think the current student ambassador's from Nova that are handling that. I guess you can probably email Keatta and ask about the Facebook group too.

Hi! I just received an acceptance letter at the beginning of this month and I have decided I will be attending Nova! Is someone could help me find the Facebook page I would really appreciate it!

Yep, I was a hold also. Got in. Thank God.

Anyone know if Nova has started accepting people yet this year? I went to the backstage pass event last month, and Keatta made it seem like those of us who hadn't yet applied were crazy! I applied as soon as possible after that, but I am still waiting for OTCAS verification, so I am starting to get a bit nervous!

Anyone know if Nova has started accepting people yet this year? I went to the backstage pass event last month, and Keatta made it seem like those of us who hadn't yet applied were crazy! I applied as soon as possible after that, but I am still waiting for OTCAS verification, so I am starting to get a bit nervous!

When did you go to the backstage pass event? I applied Sep. 15.. was verified Oct. 1.. I submitted my video essay on Oct. 18. Got a confirmation email on about Oct. 22ish saying that they received it and I will get a decision in 4-6 weeks. I really hope I get accepted! So nervous!

I went to the event on September 30th. I LOVED it! Congrats to you for being so early and on top of things! :) How was the video essay? Was it hard to do?? GOOD LUCK with your application!!

I'm in the same waiting game. Submitted my supplemental application on the 15th of Oct., then received the video essay request on the 22nd. Submitted it on the 26th and received the confirmation email the next day on the 27th. Good luck to everyone! The essay isn't bad. Just practice!

I did the same as you flbOT35. I'm doing the waiting game too. these 4-6 weeks seem like its taking forever . hope they start sending out acceptance soon. the only good thing right now is i haven't received a denial letter in the mail. fingers crossed :)

The video essay isn't all that bad but I found it difficult to answer the questions without messing up! It was just nerves though... just like you would get while presenting in person. And apparently they change the questions up because my friend and I had different ones. So I've waited 9 days, that means 3-5 weeks to go!

Yeah I had a little nerves too, but that shows you weren't totally scripted and as long as the answers were significant and you presented yourself in a professional manner then I'm sure you're good! Yeah MillerOT19 I haven't heard of anyone accepted yet at least on forums so I wonder if were the first batch under review? That'd give us good chances! Denial letters are not wanted here!

Yeah I had a little nerves too, but that shows you weren't totally scripted and as long as the answers were significant and you presented yourself in a professional manner then I'm sure you're good! Yeah MillerOT19 I haven't heard of anyone accepted yet at least on forums so I wonder if were the first batch under review? That'd give us good chances! Denial letters are not wanted here!

Yeah I agree. I was trying to get my personality across (fun and personable) and not be so rigid and boring while answering the questions. TO be exact, I got my invite to do the video essay on 10/13. Hoping to get some good news.

Don't worry TOO much if you haven't fully applied yet; I asked around my class (I'm a first year here at Nova) and there were people that didn't submit their application until November! I'd definitely send it in soon though; the application process this year is different than when I did it, but as always, people that send their applications in earlier have a better chance at securing a spot in the program.

Nova has a great OT program with amazing professors! If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to message me! I'll try to answer them as best as I can. :) Good luck with your applications, everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah i sent my video in on the 6th of october and put it through youtube. i saw it was viewed on the 14th so I'm wondering when they are going to send out the notices and i believe we are the first ones under review. hope they say something soon

Yeah mines been viewed 3 times it says, so I guess it's making it's way through the committee. I'm so nervous! I hope they do too!

mine has 8 views?! I may have viewed it one of those times though.

Yeah mine received more views just this morning! On past forums the first batch of people were notified on acceptance by November 1st-10th so hopefully not much longer! It looks like they're really looking over all of us! Goodluck to all you guys! :)

Yeah mine received more views just this morning! On past forums the first batch of people were notified on acceptance by November 1st-10th so hopefully not much longer! It looks like they're really looking over all of us! Goodluck to all you guys! :)

Looking at the number of people they accept is so scary... only 53/445. eeeek.

Looking at the number of people they accept is so scary... only 53/445. eeeek.

Oh I know:/ it's becoming more competitive every year that's why I wanted to turn mine in as early as possible. Just think positive though!

Oh I know:/ it's becoming more competitive every year that's why I wanted to turn mine in as early as possible. Just think positive though!

Where are you from? I live in PA and all the schools around here get about 600+ applicants for 25-50 seats. That's why I had to look out of state too. Where else have you applied?

I just checked mine I still have the same amount of views. I hope they give us answers by November 1st. Does anyone know if it's by email a phone call or by letter?

Am oak prototype of emails say we get notified by email first and then in the mail to follow with more information. sb0106 I'm from KY. I went up east and looked at grads school in NYC and Philly area and I noticed that as well! And the thing is the campuses or programs weren't that impressive to me either or the surrounding area they were located in. I've applied to Nova for my first choice, then Spalding in Louisville, SLU, TN State, and I'm debating on VCU. What about you? Same as well MillerOT19?

Am oak prototype of emails say we get notified by email first and then in the mail to follow with more information. sb0106 I'm from KY. I went up east and looked at grads school in NYC and Philly area and I noticed that as well! And the thing is the campuses or programs weren't that impressive to me either or the surrounding area they were located in. I've applied to Nova for my first choice, then Spalding in Louisville, SLU, TN State, and I'm debating on VCU. What about you? Same as well MillerOT19?

I applied to Nova, Temple, Jefferson, Philly U, University of the Sciences, Shenandoah.

PhilaU is nice! My dad really wanted me to apply to one of those up there especially that one. Those are all really great rated programs!

So we are shooting for nov 1st ? Going off of last year?

Hopefully next week! Yeah all previous years the first group has found out at the very very beginning of November. That'd definitely be the full 4-6 weeks for the earliest people that interviewed.

I think November 1st (today) is too early. The 4-6 weeks for me is Nov. 17-Dec. 1. I guess if you submitted your video earlier you might hear back by next week. Pretty soon either way.

I got a letter in the mail today from Nova.... I am a hold candidate. :(
Anyone know if other hold candidates got in last year?

I know a lot of hold candidates got in last year! They found out more towards January to March if they were accepted though... I'm sorry you have to keep waiting but stay positive! Do you mind sharing your stats through message or on here? You're the first person I've heard of getting any sort of response back from Nova so far

Yeah I don't know. Last year everybody was getting emails first and then a letter to follow in the mail, but maybe they're doing it all by letter now and that's why it could be taking longer. I wonder if MillerOT19 has heard anything since he applied before any of us.