Program-Specific Info / Q's Nova Southeastern University MOT Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I didn't get an email. My friend applied applied like 2 weeks before me and got her letter the same day.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I don't know. Last year everybody was getting emails first and then a letter to follow in the mail, but maybe they're doing it all by letter now and that's why it could be taking longer. I wonder if MillerOT19 has heard anything since he applied before any of us.
I got a letter a couple days ago too. I was put on the hold list also :/ I hope they get back to us and accept people on the hold list. I really want this

Yeah I don't know. Last year everybody was getting emails first and then a letter to follow in the mail, but maybe they're doing it all by letter now and that's why it could be taking longer. I wonder if MillerOT19 has heard anything since he applied before any of us.
I was put on the hold list as well. Hopefully they get back to us and accept people on the hold list like others have said in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a letter a couple days ago too. I was put on the hold list also :/ I hope they get back to us and accept people on the hold list. I really want this

Oh geez! I hope they do too for you guys! Do you mind sharing your stats? This is making me really nervous... Three people for sure on hold now. I haven't found out anything yet, but I just sent in my video a little over a week ago..

I also got a letter in the mail and was put on hold :/

It's still early though. In the past I've seen that they definitely go back and look at all their hold candidates!

It's still early though. In the past I've seen that they definitely go back and look at all their hold candidates!

what do you mean you've seen that? I haven't really seen all that much in the threads!

Good luck everyone! I got an email on Oct. 30 saying I was accepted into Nova's occupational therapy program. They sent me papers in the mail a couple days later. I submitted my video essay on Oct. 8 so I'm sure you guys will hear back very soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone! I got an email on Oct. 30 saying I was accepted into Nova's occupational therapy program. They sent me papers in the mail a couple days later. I submitted my video essay on Oct. 8 so I'm sure you guys will hear back very soon!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? We seemed to have all been placed on "hold."

CONGRATS! I just submitted Nova's supplemental application and the fee yesterday. FINGERS CROSSED!

And to those of you on hold, I also recall seeing past threads with many hold candidates getting admitted! Even if you scroll up in this thread, you can see a few posts about that. Good luck!!!

Good luck everyone!! Keep me updated. Hopefully we'll all be classmates soon =) My stats aren't that impressive but thankfully they were good enough!

Major: Biology with Sports Medicine minor
Overall GPA: 3.28
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.6
GRE: V 148, Q 148, AW 4.0
Observation: 30 hours in school system. 70 hours in child development center
Volunteer: Big brother big sister, Mission trip, Meals on Wheel, Envision (taught art to children with impaired vision), Food bank.
Extracurricular: Division II athlete, music theater scholarship, OT representative for my school's medical profession club, maintained part-time job as a receptionist for a salon.

ANY ADVICE FOR NOVA VIDEO ESSAY?!

Did you just receive and invitation? I haven't heard back just yet on mine, but just show confidence and practice makes perfect. Reread the questions over and over again before you begin recording so you don't stumble over them reading out loud. Make sure you think of every aspect of the questions. Formulating good points and maneuvering through answering the questions gracefully and honestly is also key. I wish you the best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just receive and invitation? I haven't heard back just yet on mine, but just show confidence and practice makes perfect. Reread the questions over and over again before you begin recording so you don't stumble over them reading out loud. Make sure you think of every aspect of the questions. Formulating good points and maneuvering through answering the questions gracefully and honestly is also key. I wish you the best of luck!!

Thank you!! I submitted it October 29th I just looked!! I received the email yesterday for the video essay.

you still haven't heard anything? When did you submit your video?

you still haven't heard anything? When did you submit your video?

No not yet. Since I submitted mine so late in October I'll be in the second round of decisions. Keatta said more decisions will be sent out at the end of November, so I'm counting on hearing a yay or nay in the next two weeks!

Reactions: 1 user
No not yet. Since I submitted mine so late in October I'll be in the second round of decisions. Keatta said more decisions will be sent out at the end of November, so I'm counting on hearing a yay or nay in the next two weeks!
keep in touch good luck

I sent an email to Keatta today and found out she is out of the office until Nov. 18, so it may delay us hearing anything. I am still waiting to see if I get invited to submit the video essay. Keep us posted!

For those who did the video submission, did you read the question off the paper or memorize it?

For those who did the video submission, did you read the question off the paper or memorize it?

The instructions said you must say the question before answering, but I don't think it's part of their strategy to see if you can memorize the question beforehand. Trust me you'll mess up or spend way too much time redoing it over for nothing! Focus on the information they want from you. I read off the paper like I was presenting it to them! Read a sentence and then look back at the camera and then read some more and then make eye contact back with the camera. Make yourself as relaxed as possible. Memorizing the questions and then having to memorize all the points you want to make isn't very feasible to me and I don't think that's what their looking for.

The instructions said you must say the question before answering, but I don't think it's part of their strategy to see if you can memorize the question beforehand. Trust me you'll mess up or spend way too much time redoing it over for nothing! Focus on the information they want from you. I read off the paper like I was presenting it to them! Read a sentence and then look back at the camera and then read some more and then make eye contact back with the camera. Make yourself as relaxed as possible. Memorizing the questions and then having to memorize all the points you want to make isn't very feasible to me and I don't think that's what their looking for.
Awesome!! Thank you so much! I just wanted to make sure :)

Hello!! So I just submitted my video. When you are submitting your video, setting it to private, and adding novas email address... When you hit send email did it look like it sent and then disappear fast? I want to make sure that my video will definitely be sent to them!

My video essay was due yesterday, but I didn't receive a video confirmation email that they got it. When will I be notified?

I'm in the same waiting game. Submitted my supplemental application on the 15th of Oct., then received the video essay request on the 22nd. Submitted it on the 26th and received the confirmation email the next day on the 27th. Good luck to everyone! The essay isn't bad. Just practice!
I didn't get my comfirmation today and I sent it in yesterday. Should I be concerned? It was hard to tell if it was even sent to them.

I didn't get my comfirmation today and I sent it in yesterday. Should I be concerned? It was hard to tell if it was even sent to them.

Keatta is the one that confirms that they got it, but I was able to double check it was sent because on Youtube it says I shared it with their email address. She will be back in the office tomorrow, so keep a look out then! I'm sure it went through because I know what you're talking about when you think it might not have because of how Youtube goes about sending it. I'm sure it all went through!

Awesome!! Thank you :) They recieved it. How long did everyone wait back for an answer?

Last edited:
Any other acceptances? Submitted my video last Sunday... Got an email last Wednesday it was received

Any other acceptances? Submitted my video last Sunday... Got an email last Wednesday it was received

Nothing yet and they're on break now, so anticipating decisions when everyone comes back.

How long did it take people to be asked to do a video essay? I submitted my supplemental around the 18th. Still haven't heard anything. Worried!

How long did it take people to be asked to do a video essay? I submitted my supplemental around the 18th. Still haven't heard anything. Worried!

A week for me, but don't worry because thanksgiving break they've all been out of office, so I'm sure they're just now getting back to reviewing applications!

I agree it's going on 5 weeks for me! The end of next week and it'll be the max wait gah

OMG really? I can't complain then. My video was received November 19thish and I am freaking haha

OMG really? I can't complain then. My video was received November 19thish and I am freaking haha

Haha no I was the same way! The more I waited I kinda mellowed out, but now it's just the same all over again because it's getting closer to time! Eek!

Sometime after this Wednesday we will know something. Panel meets this Wednesday I was told and decisions will be sent out soon there after.

Reactions: 2 users
Great to know!! My video still only has 2 views on youtube (and I think I am one of them), so I hope I am part of this round! :-/ Good luck everyone!

Awesome! Thank you! I'm assuming that if you submitted it the end of Nov I might be in this next round.

Sometime after this Wednesday we will know something. Panel meets this Wednesday I was told and decisions will be sent out soon there after.

Hope did you find out that the panel meets on Wednesday

Okay so question!

I am hoping to hear back to see if I get accepted but I would still have to take two courses....

I haven't taken physics....

There is Physics 1: A laboratory course dealing with the major areas of physics. These include measurement, mechanics, heat and sound. The basic principles of these topics are studied in terms of their applications.

OR

General Physics 1: Deals with composition of vectors, linear motion, kinematics, Newton's laws, work and energy, momentum, rotational motion, gravitation, simple harmonic motion, waves, and fluids. This course is recommended for students planning to transfer to four-year institutions as engineering, physical science, pre-med, and computer science majors. Four years of high school mathematics and one year of high school physics are highly recommended for students enrolling in this course.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Okay so question!

I am hoping to hear back to see if I get accepted but I would still have to take two courses....

I haven't taken physics....

There is Physics 1: A laboratory course dealing with the major areas of physics. These include measurement, mechanics, heat and sound. The basic principles of these topics are studied in terms of their applications.

OR

General Physics 1: Deals with composition of vectors, linear motion, kinematics, Newton's laws, work and energy, momentum, rotational motion, gravitation, simple harmonic motion, waves, and fluids. This course is recommended for students planning to transfer to four-year institutions as engineering, physical science, pre-med, and computer science majors. Four years of high school mathematics and one year of high school physics are highly recommended for students enrolling in this course.

Any suggestions?

Take whichever one appeals to you more based on your background and interests. If you didn't take physics in high school, and the sciences aren't your favorite subjects, take Physics 1. Physics 1 will be much more watered-down and probably skip over some topics. General Physics will be more comprehensive, and potentially more interesting. Does this matter for OT? Probably not. Does it matter to you?

Your best bet is to reach out to the course instructors and see what they say.

Thank you ! I am hoping I can just take physics 1. Calc is a pre-req for general physics which I never took and I don't have an extra semester to take it... Plus calc isn't needed for OT so I can't see why they would make me have to take that one....
I looked at NOVA's pre-reqs for Physics and it says (General, College) I am hoping that just means General Physics or a college physics... I am going to call Nova if I do get accepted. I did take physics in high school.

Thank you ! I am hoping I can just take physics 1. Calc is a pre-req for general physics which I never took and I don't have an extra semester to take it... Plus calc isn't needed for OT so I can't see why they would make me have to take that one....
I looked at NOVA's pre-reqs for Physics and it says (General, College) I am hoping that just means General Physics or a college physics... I am going to call Nova if I do get accepted. I did take physics in high school.

You're welcome. If physics 1 is a college level physics then they should accept it. (I'm just making an educated guess here.) But call them to double check. Definitely tell them you'd have to take calc in order to take general physics.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your help! I def. plan on it!

You are also able to take Kinesiology instead of Physics if you want. I would HIGHLY recommend going that route if the class is available at your school. I just took it this semester and learned SO much. We talked about ALL the muscles (origins, insertions, actions) and learned a lot of the terminology that I know we will be using as OTs. If that is an option, I think it would be better than Physics. Good luck!

Absolutely take the algebra based physics. I took both the algebra based and calc based physics. I took calc based when I was a bio major and intended to go into pharmacy. When I switched my major I could have used the calc based but I wasn't happy with my grade so I opted to take the required algebra based physics classes for kinesiology majors. This class was MUCH easier. Still difficult, but definitely easier than the other class.

Awesome! Thank you everyone for your input! I would love to take Kinesiology but they offer it the same time as the only Med. Term. Class!! :( I def agree about the college algebra based Physics class. I hope Nova would accept it!!

Here is to hoping we find out tomorrow!!

My video still hasn't received any additional views since the day after I submitted it two weeks ago. Have any of yours? I am guessing I am not being considered in this round.

I should have paid closer attention to how many times I viewed it and others but I did notice this Tuesday someone viewed it. None on Wednesday which is the day they apparently met on.