Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question for those of you who got accepted. How much is the deposit fee for NSU? Is there a deadline and do you have to pay it all at once?

Thanks
The acceptance deposit is $500, and the registration fee is another $500. You have to pay the acceptance fee within 3 weeks after you receive your letter of acceptance, and the registration fee is due March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview at the Palm Beach campus (my first choice)! They don't have the exact dates available yet but I'm just happy to know that I will have an interview. Is anyone else interviewing at the Palm Beach campus?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all of you who have already been accepted! I just scheduled my interview for November 14th. I'm so excited :)

How did you guys handle the waiting? I haven't heard from them yet and I think I'm going out of my mind!!

How did you guys handle the waiting? I haven't heard from them yet and I think I'm going out of my mind!!
We only had to wait 1 week. You have to wait wayyyyyyy longer. They meet once a month to decide who gets in. Their last meeting was the 10th of October. So their next meeting should be the 2nd week of November.

We only had to wait 1 week. You have to wait wayyyyyyy longer. They meet once a month to decide who gets in. Their last meeting was the 10th of October. So their next meeting should be the 2nd week of November.

Urh!! I need to do some serious meditation to stay cool, calm, and collected until then.

Urh!! I need to do some serious meditation to stay cool, calm, and collected until then.
Send Jeffrey an email and ask him if they are meeting the 7th or the 14th to decide who gets in :)

Send Jeffrey an email and ask him if they are meeting the 7th or the 14th to decide who gets in :)

Well, he did say within three weeks. I don't want to seem too desperate lol I think I'll give it the three weeks then may call or email. Thanks for the advice NejixRockS! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, he did say within three weeks. I don't want to seem too desperate lol I think I'll give it the three weeks then may call or email. Thanks for the advice NejixRockS! :)
I bothered both Kori and Jeffrey A LOT!!! lol... But then again, if he said 3 weeks, it should be by the 7th :p

Hey guys do you mind sharing your stats...I am nervous that mine are not competitive :-/

Hey guys do you mind sharing your stats...I am nervous that mine are not competitive :-/
I *THINK* the average GPA of the people that were accepted last year was around 3.4, and the average PCAT was between 50-60. Even if you might have a low PCAT, if you have lots of pharmacy experience, you will be a good candidate for NSU :)

I *THINK* the average GPA of the people that were accepted last year was around 3.4, and the average PCAT was between 50-60. Even if you might have a low PCAT, if you have lots of pharmacy experience, you will be a good candidate for NSU :)
Thanks that helps and yes I had a horrible pcat 70 I don't know what happened lol I have a 4.0 in my gpa and I am a pharmacy tech so keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks that helps and yes I had a horrible pcat 70 I don't know what happened lol I have a 4.0 in my gpa and I am a pharmacy tech so keeping my fingers crossed :)
a 70 is not a bad PCAT score lol, and sum that up with a 4.0 and you should get accepted as long as you don't screw up BIG time in the interview! :D

Vicpharm, a 70 in the PCAT is a good score!! With your GPA and work experience, I think you'll definitely get an interview! :) Did you submit your PharmCAS and supplemental?

Vicpharm, a 70 in the PCAT is a good score!! With your GPA and work experience, I think you'll definitely get an interview! :) Did you submit your PharmCAS and supplemental?

PharmCAS is still calculating my gpa and I just took the pcat so I am still waiting :-/...hopefully not much longer! Are they going to call people for interviews after January?

PharmCAS is still calculating my gpa and I just took the pcat so I am still waiting :-/...hopefully not much longer! Are they going to call people for interviews after January?

My interview invite was by email. Once my GPA was calculated on PharmCAS, it took a week for NSU to forward me the supplemental and from the day I submitted that (The next day), I received the interview invite within a few days. NejixRockS probably has the answer as to when the interviews are scheduled from November to January. He's the official NSU COP correspondent!! :)

My interview invite was by email. Once my GPA was calculated on PharmCAS, it took a week for NSU to forward me the supplemental and from the day I submitted that (The next day), I received the interview invite within a few days. NejixRockS probably has the answer as to when the interviews are scheduled from November to January. He's the official NSU COP correspondent!! :)
Hahahahaha (not official) :p i dont work for them. The next interviews r on Nov 3, 14 and 19. They havent posted anything about December or January yet :(
@Vicpharm

Thanks guys you ve been helpfully ...the 19th is my birthday that would be a very nice present

If you got a 70 pcat and 4.0 gpa you would not be tripping out to get into NOVA. A 70 is good we all know that and so do you.

Average PCAT is really only 50-60?
Yes it is. They seem to favor GPA over pcat. I have heard of people with low pcat and 3.5+ gpa getting in. But I also know someone that had a 2.8 GPA and a 82 pcat that got rejected... And ofc, they look at more than just pcat and gpa to see who gets accepted. Pharmacy experience is also a BIG part of their decision.

Last edited:
Yes it is. They seem to favor GPA over pcat. I have heard of people with low pcat and 3.5+ gpa getting in. But I also know someone that had a 2.8 GPA and a 82 pcat that got rejected... And ofc, they look at more than just pcat and gpa to see who gets accepted. Pharmacy experience is also a BIG part of their decision.

hey
you said someone with low GPA and high pcat got rejected so it happened after interview or simply they didnt call this candidate.

He got rejected after the interview. Admission said they get 1200+ pharmcas applications. They interview around 300 students and accept 200-250. *these numbers might not be exact, but it should be a good estimate*

Wow, that's disappointing to hear their Pcat scores are that low. There should be a balance of PCAT and gpa.

Anyone hear back yet from those that interviewed on October 17?

I haven't yet and I'm anxiously waiting. they said up to 3 weeks. Did you interview that day?

Yes I interviewed the 17th how about you? Kori and Jeff told us they'd get back to us on Halloween. Could be they're going to send out a mass decision to those that interviewed even after the 17th and knock it out all at once.

@Airmojo @Triathnrs11
I think you will hear from them either next Friday, or the Monday after that :) Good Luck!!!!

Thanks NejixRockS! Did you recently get accepted? Are you from Florida? I loved the school but I'm from Michigan, IF I get it in, what would be your reasonings to go to Nova? I sorta need someone to convince me because being far from home is a lot to digest lol

Yes I interviewed the 17th how about you? Kori and Jeff told us they'd get back to us on Halloween. Could be they're going to send out a mass decision to those that interviewed even after the 17th and knock it out all at once.

Thanks NejixRockS! Did you recently get accepted? Are you from Florida? I loved the school but I'm from Michigan, IF I get it in, what would be your reasonings to go to Nova? I sorta need someone to convince me because being far from home is a lot to digest lol
I interviewed on Oct 3rd and just got accepted a few weeks ago. I am from FL, so I might be a lil bit biased lol. NOVA has really good connections all around FL which will get you into any rotations you might want. If you are interested in doing a residency, they also have a really high % of people that get into the residency they want. I love FL weather too, I know it can crazy hot and humid, but you get used to it pretty soon. I also liked how I was treated while I was there. I have been to NOVA a few times, and students, professors and admission staff have always been really friendly and approachable. I worked in a South Florida hospital where P3 and P4 NOVA students were doing rotations and the pharmacists told me that they were really impressed by how professional and well trained NSU students were. I also have a few more personal reasons which will not apply to you lol. Overall its a great school, but only you will know whats the right school for you. Moving from Michigan to FL for 4 years is a lot to digest like you said lol, so take your time and think about it!!!

I interviewed on Oct 3rd and just got accepted a few weeks ago. I am from FL, so I might be a lil bit biased lol. NOVA has really good connections all around FL which will get you into any rotations you might want. If you are interested in doing a residency, they also have a really high % of people that get into the residency they want. I love FL weather too, I know it can crazy hot and humid, but you get used to it pretty soon. I also liked how I was treated while I was there. I have been to NOVA a few times, and students, professors and admission staff have always been really friendly and approachable. I worked in a South Florida hospital where P3 and P4 NOVA students were doing rotations and the pharmacists told me that they were really impressed by how professional and well trained NSU students were. I also have a few more personal reasons which will not apply to you lol. Overall its a great school, but only you will know whats the right school for you. Moving from Michigan to FL for 4 years is a lot to digest like you said lol, so take your time and think about it!!!

Thank you so much this was helpful! My main concern is whether or not moving down to Florida would be worth it. I was curious to know how prestigious and well respected the school is in the professional arena. Whether or not NSU is a top pharmacy school in Florida perhaps after UF. With all the pharmacy schools in Florida, is there a good employment rate for NSU students.

Thank you so much this was helpful! My main concern is whether or not moving down to Florida would be worth it. I was curious to know how prestigious and well respected the school is in the professional arena. Whether or not NSU is a top pharmacy school in Florida perhaps after UF. With all the pharmacy schools in Florida, is there a good employment rate for NSU students.
That's a bit too advanced for me to know lol. One thing I do have to say is that being bilingual helps you A LOT down here... Just recently a friend of my brother, who is a manager in a pharmacy was looking for a bilingual pharmacist. There is a lot of old people who barely speak any English and a pharmacist who can speak both English and Spanish is good business. When it comes to prestige, UF is the guy lol. I have my reasons for not even applying to UF, and I don't really want to talk about it because there is a lot of gator fans around here lol...
UF, FAMU and NSU are the oldest schools in FL, and the older a school is, the more prestige it will have. Even though I have NEVER met a pharmacist that graduated from FAMU working down here in South Florida... Its either UF or NSU.

Finally got the call from NOVA and I got accepted! Patience and hard work definitely pays off :)

Congratulations guys for the great acceptance. Good luck for the interview.!!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and great luck to everyone applying. I am currently a P1 at NSU and I look forward to seeing class of 2019.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and great luck to everyone applying. I am currently a P1 at NSU and I look forward to seeing class of 2019.

Debating on whether or not I should attend. What can you tell us about nova, the good and the bad

I have an interview Nov. 13 at the Palm Beach campus. I am so excited and yet so nervous at the same time.

I know most of you have interviewed at Fort Lauderdale, but has anyone interviewed at the Palm Beach campus? It would be nice to hear someone's personal experience since I know it is different than the Fort Lauderdale campus (only lasts from 9am-noon, no lunch).