Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You lucked out! I've had no contact since my complete call, but after a lengthy call today (~ 18 minutes) they emailed me the form! It asks for my web ID? Did you use your login ID for their website?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha well that's something at least! Also, yeah I used my login ID but I reread the email and my web ID was listed somewhere in the email as well. As a matter of fact I received an email this afternoon saying that they got my signature page "today"-- I don't know if it that was a coincidence or because I emailed them today as well. I guess we just have to stay on top of these things! :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

so my last letter here arrived in early august. Do you guys know the turnaround time for when you would hear back for interviews? I think this was one of the earliest DO programs I applied to, so wondering about IIs.

so my last letter here arrived in early august. Do you guys know the turnaround time for when you would hear back for interviews? I think this was one of the earliest DO programs I applied to, so wondering about IIs.

I don't know if there's a standard time. My secondary was completed on a Monday and I got a call for interview the next Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noticed something weird the other day and want to see if anyone has experienced the same thing...

First of all, I am yet to receive a complete email/phone call, even though everything was received in late July. I've called multiple times to confirm that I am in fact complete, though it still worries me that I haven't received the email/phone call that everyone talks about.

Anyways, I checked my portal recently because I hadn't in a while, and noticed that the "AACOMAS received" date changed to ~8/10, which is a full 3 weeks after I actually submitted my AACOMAS (and it was marked as received).

Anyone else experience anything similar? I'm worried that there is something wrong that I have not noticed.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!! So I just finished taking my MCAT and I should get my results back October 9th. I have a 3.69 GPA, 2000+ volunteer research hours (no pub but soon to be secondary author and 2 presentations), ~235 volunteer hours, ~120 shadowing hours, and really good LORs, but no leadership positions. Is October 9 too late with my stats to apply? Or should I wait until next cycle? Nova is my dream school!

I was complete on 7/30 and still waiting to hear back...should I be worried now

Hey guys!! So I just finished taking my MCAT and I should get my results back October 9th. I have a 3.69 GPA, 2000+ volunteer research hours (no pub but soon to be secondary author and 2 presentations), ~235 volunteer hours, ~120 shadowing hours, and really good LORs, but no leadership positions. Is October 9 too late with my stats to apply? Or should I wait until next cycle? Nova is my dream school!
It doesn't seem like it would hurt to apply. There are usually a rush of open spots right at the end. You will probably have to be patient, but I think you may as well try. If you don't get accepted this year what have you lost? You were going to spend the year to improve your application anyway. Just my opinion, but go for it!

If you don't get accepted this year what have you lost?

Alot of money. Plus imo not getting accepted in one year hurts your chances the year after. Almost literally every secondary I have submitted asks if I have previously applied to medical school before.

Alot of money. Plus imo not getting accepted in one year hurts your chances the year after. Almost literally every secondary I have submitted asks if I have previously applied to medical school before.

I disagree that it hurts your chances. I think that as long as you work hard to improve the application in that year and further demonstrate maturity/dedication, it can actually reflect well in a subsequent application cycle.

I have encountered the "are you a reapplicant" question a lot, but I think the space that is usually given to "explain what has improved in your application" is a great way to highlight resilience and resolve. plus brag some more about how much more awesome you've become in the past year.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone got any decision email yet o_O.

The wait is getting bad.

Honestly man, just try not to think about it otherwise you're going to go nuts in these last few days lol. Hit the beach or something.

Has anyone retaken the MCAT and updated them? Does anyone know if the portal will ever update with the new score?

Honestly man, just try not to think about it otherwise you're going to go nuts in these last few days lol. Hit the beach or something.

Haha its just bad timing. I threw my back out this week so all i'm doing is trolling this site.

Maybe I should pick up video games as a hobby.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my completion call on july 8th and have not even received an email since. I get the vibe that this school is pretty good at misplacing apps, anyone else having this issue?

I got my completion call on july 8th and have not even received an email since. I get the vibe that this school is pretty good at misplacing apps, anyone else having this issue?
I submitted everything about a month ago and have not even receive a complete call. I emailed them and they say everything they need is received and I will be notified when review is complete.

Haha its just bad timing. I threw my back out this week so all i'm doing is trolling this site.

Maybe I should pick up video games as a hobby.

I have plenty of things to keep me busy, but that definitely doesn't help in preventing me from refreshing my email account and this site to see if there's any news. I'm going skydiving on Saturday so I sort of wanted to know the mood I should have before. Like am I jumping out of a plane to release all the stresses of waiting because I got great news, or if I got bad news and I'm just throwing myself out of the plane from nearly 3 miles up...

Reactions: 2 users
I have plenty of things to keep me busy, but that definitely doesn't help in preventing me from refreshing my email account and this site to see if there's any news. I'm going skydiving on Saturday so I sort of wanted to know the mood I should have before. Like am I jumping out of a plane to release all the stresses of waiting because I got great news, or if I got bad news and I'm just throwing myself out of the plane from nearly 3 miles up...
wow! meanwhile I'm just over here.. still scared of rollercoasters.. :roflcopter:
you should totally have the mood "this is awesome and the adrenaline is insane and I'm so happy to be alive after this!"

Has anyone else who applied and was complete at the end of June not heard anything?

I was complete 6/27 and I'm still waiting. Last cycle I was emailed and told I was "pended" as a candidate (not ranked for interviews, but still under consideration, I applied waaaay late) and did not interview, so I was hoping to get a bite this cycle.

I'm calling tomorrow to see if there's anything they're waiting for, or just to let them know I'm still paying attention, but I'm posting here just to comiserate.

Has anyone else who applied and was complete at the end of June not heard anything?

I was complete 6/27 and I'm still waiting. Last cycle I was emailed and told I was "pended" as a candidate (not ranked for interviews, but still under consideration, I applied waaaay late) and did not interview, so I was hoping to get a bite this cycle.

I'm calling tomorrow to see if there's anything they're waiting for, or just to let them know I'm still paying attention, but I'm posting here just to comiserate.

+1

I received a complete call on 7/8 and have had nothing but silence since. Hoping for some kind of update soon. I've e-mailed their office twice with no response yet. Please let me know how your call goes.

+1

I received a complete call on 7/8 and have had nothing but silence since. Hoping for some kind of update soon. I've e-mailed their office twice with no response yet. Please let me know how your call goes.

I called with a legitimate concern (I had an electronic signature on a rec and had to resend a wet signature last cycle, I wanted to make sure I didn't have to do that again this cycle) and I was told that my re-submitted recommendation was considered received from last cycle, and--more importantly--that my application was complete and under review. So back to "monitor your email and voice mail for updates." No news, then, was apparently good news. Lovely lady took care of my call. Very pleasant.

received acceptance email!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I wish they would send waitlist emails but apparently waitlist/denials are snail mail only :mad:

I wish they would send waitlist emails but apparently waitlist/denials are snail mail only :mad:

Hahahaha yea I agree. I interviewed very poorly here compared to my other interviews so far (Very first interview so nerves were crazy bad) so i'll be incredibly shocked if I get accepted. Oh well, live and learn lol.

Hahahaha yea I agree. I interviewed very poorly here compared to my other interviews so far (Very first interview so nerves were crazy bad) so i'll be incredibly shocked if I get accepted. Oh well, live and learn lol.

I thought I interviewed well but you never know :arghh:

Accepted via email video! Lol

Reactions: 9 users
Do you think they send out all the acceptance emails at the same time or do you think it's someone sitting there sending them one at a time (in which case it could take hours or days? Or am I holding on to a pipe dream?

Do you think they send out all the acceptance emails at the same time or do you think it's someone sitting there sending them one at a time (in which case it could take hours or days? Or am I holding on to a pipe dream?
I'm right there with you friend, I hope they are sending them one at a time

Accepted! I'm too excited. I thought I bombed my interview. We did it y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
accepted!! interviewed 8/23, first interview day I believe.
I thought the email was a promotional video of some kind so didn't open it right away. such a cute touch though!

congratulations to everyone else who received acceptance videos!

Reactions: 4 users
@getfat @Spicy Grams @zerox117
I received the email less than an hour ago, and from the looks of it, some people received it much earlier. hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
Completed call on 8/9. Haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried?

Last edited:
Congrats everyone who got accepted!! Hopefully i can snag an interview here soon. Haven't heard anything since the complete call. I would love to stay in Florida. :love:

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Has anyone been accepted yet from the September interview dates? :D

Congrats to those accepted! Hope all of these admissions decisions mean that they're ready to send out another batch of IIs!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Soooo if we were to not receive and email....is that bad?

We are probably waitlisted/rejected :(. Apparently we get those notifications through snail mail.

All you can do is keep the faith brother/sister. It's still early in the cycle.

Thanks man. I honestly thought I interviewed fine, now I'm overthinking my interview

still holding out hope... my paranoid self emailed Nova to check on my status, though... *fingers crossed*

We are probably waitlisted/rejected :(. Apparently we get those notifications through snail mail.

All you can do is keep the faith brother/sister. It's still early in the cycle.

If you really liked Nova, send a letter of interest/intent. Be specific. Sometimes it helps.
Otherwise, just sit tight. No news is good news. Doesn't necessarily mean your app is done for. Even if you do get waitlisted, at least you're still under consideration.