Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well my app was complete in September, so could it be those people who they are saving for next round of review and then II's? Instead of it being waitlist because I think you're right that everyone wasn't interviewed or rejected got this letter.

Members don't see this ad.

They shouldve said we're waitlisted for interview. What does "pending candidate"even mean? REJECT ME MAN lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the kind words friend. Currently on post-interview waitlist and I was debating throwing them another update (last one was September 1st).
Hi, do you mind I ask you when you interviewed? Also, did you receive a mail or email saying that you are on the waitilist? I interviewed on 9/8, still haven't heard anything from the school. Thanks

Hi, do you mind I ask you when you interviewed? Also, did you receive a mail or email saying that you are on the waitilist? I interviewed on 9/8, still haven't heard anything from the school. Thanks
Interviewed in late august. I received an regular mail 1 week after the accepted emails.

Interviewed in late august. I received an regular mail 1 week after the accepted emails.
sorry, im confused. So you received an email saying that you were accepted, but 1 week after you received a mail saying that you were on the waitlist?

sorry, im confused. So you received an email saying that you were accepted, but 1 week after you received a mail saying that you were on the waitlist?
Nope received my waitlist mail 1 week after everybody else in my interview group posted on SDN that they were accepted.

Canadian here! Also got the "pending" email. Thankful it is not a rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm, I think some people get outright rejected after submitting in secondaries but some people don't get rejected and may get consideration later on for II because they are still competitive but not as competitive as others who received one. We are in the latter half.

I do agree notifying us via snail mail is a little antiquated and unnecessary. Could've just sent us an email.
I am thankful I'm not out but I have never heard of a waitlist before interview. Interesting

I am so glad I'm not the only one that got the pending notification! I almost didn't open it and considered it a rejection because I heard that snail mail through them is a rejection letter. Glad I did, and glad to see we're all still in the running! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I am thankful I'm not out but I have never heard of a waitlist before interview. Interesting
Really? Many of the schools I've applied to do it, actually! So far NSUCOM, AZCOM, and WVSOM have given me the pre-interview waitlist/waitlist to interview.

Got the pending candidate email. Has anyone who has gotten this email later gotten an II? I thought I was a competitive applicant. Hmmm

Im starting to really wonder if everyone that hasn't been rejected or interviewed got that pending letter like others have suggested. Maybe it was a nice way of updating us that we are still in the running...or I am just delusional and hoping for the best at this point!

Edit: and why are some getting emails and others snail mail!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the pending candidate email. Has anyone who has gotten this email later gotten an II? I thought I was a competitive applicant. Hmmm
Edit: I meant mail haha snail mail. It is just a habit to say email

ARGH is this non-science letter requirement going to be the reason I can't apply to my top school?! :(

Really? Many of the schools I've applied to do it, actually! So far NSUCOM, AZCOM, and WVSOM have given me the pre-interview waitlist/waitlist to interview.
I guess then I haven't aplied to many schools that do that tho I believe some of the schools have been very slight abt this.

This must be the first year that Nova's doing the pre-interview letter. It's probably because in the past a lot of people complained about not hearing anything from Nova months after being complete. This at least lets you know you're still in the running and that there's hope for an interview. My advice for anyone receiving the letter is to keep the school updated on any new developments to your file so when they do re-review it there's new information to consider. Good luck guys.

I've been complete since late July, and haven't heard anything from them yet :( I do have an update though as I've been volunteering at a hospital as well as shadowing a doctor for 2 months now. Should I call them with this update? Is it too early if I call them next week?

Guys this might be a silly question but what if I haven't been rejected (that I know of ) nor have I received the pre-interview letter? Does this mean anything? :/ I'm stressing out. I completed my application early August

So they posted on my application summary the wrong physician letter of recommendation, do you think I should call my admissions counselor tomorrow and ask them to change it to the other one? I submitted 9/22.

Hi, has anyone who interviewed in early September heard anything from the school?

When is the last time they sent out II? Seems like it has been a long time.

If I remembered correctly, they had a burst of IIs at the very beginning of the cycle going to people complete in July-ish, then nothing. There may have been 2-3 people reporting IIs after that but it's mostly silence. It sucks since I was complete right after the group that experienced the burst of IIs. I actually really wants to go to Nova, but now I have no idea what's going on with it.

If I remembered correctly, they had a burst of IIs at the very beginning of the cycle going to people complete in July-ish, then nothing. There may have been 2-3 people reporting IIs after that but it's mostly silence. It sucks since I was complete right after the group that experienced the burst of IIs. I actually really wants to go to Nova, but now I have no idea what's going on with it.

I wouldn't be terribly discouraged. The people who interviewed in September were supposed to receive their admissions decisions by Oct 1st (I know the first batch was supposed to go out ealier than that). If they have fallen that behind on their own schedule that the decisions wont go out until next week which is almost a month after their first promised release, plus the hurricane that shut the school down for almost 3 days last week I am imagining that they are pretty backlogged with work to do on the upcoming class.

Reactions: 1 users
I know NOVA is a top tier school, but does the tuition, CoL, and stated indebtedness ($250k) give pause for anyone? Is the education, alumni network, university-affiliation, etc. worth the cost here? Just curious about opinions...

Hey guys, would it be worth applying to this school with my stats? cGPA 3.71, sGPA: 3.6, MCAT: 499

Hey guys, would it be worth applying to this school with my stats? cGPA 3.71, sGPA: 3.6, MCAT: 499

You may get automatically screened out with that MCAT. Go for a retake first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did accepted student received an email that had a video from Dean?

Were you accepted? Or are you just asking

I received an email with a video, saying that i was accepted. But i didn't receive any official offer letter. So im not sure if im accepted or not. Plus i just called admission, and was told my application was still under review. Im so confused.

Hey guys so I posted earlier about whether or not I should wait until my new MCAT score to apply and I just got my score back yesterday. I got a 505. My other stats are 3.4 cgpa and a 3.3 sgpa. Is it still worth a shot? Thanks!

Hey guys so I posted earlier about whether or not I should wait until my new MCAT score to apply and I just got my score back yesterday. I got a 505. My other stats are 3.4 cgpa and a 3.3 sgpa. Is it still worth a shot? Thanks!

Yes

I received an email with a video, saying that i was accepted. But i didn't receive any official offer letter. So im not sure if im accepted or not. Plus i just called admission, and was told my application was still under review. Im so confused.

When did you interview? That def means you're accepted

When did you interview? That def means you're accepted

interviewed in early September. Hope you're right:) Are you current NSU-COM student? I just have few questions that I want to ask current students.

Would that be a huge challenge for students who don't speak any Spanish ,since nova requires all students to pass a simulated exam in Spanish?

Accepted!!! Interviewed sept 15!

Reactions: 3 users

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The girl I interviewed with talked about it. She said she passed it was easy and that she still couldnt speak any spanish. The point is to get across basic messages or at least tell the person youre going to get a translator.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The girl I interviewed with talked about it. She said she passed it was easy and that she still couldnt speak any spanish. The point is to get across basic messages or at least tell the person youre going to get a translator.

The Spanish exam is extremely easy. You will only fail for dropping curse words in Spanish which someone in my class did haha

Hi, do you mind I ask you if you received an email with a video or an actual offer letter?

Just the video from the dean, but it says at the bottom you will be getting all the details in the next 48 hours.