Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone. Did the invite come via email?
Yeeeep

First few dates = Aug 23,25,26,30 and Sept 8th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II! OOS. 3.42 cGPA, 3.71 sGPA, 504 MCAT.

secondary received: 6/22
secondary submitted: 6/24
complete email: 6/28
interview invite: 7/19

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! I'll let you guys know the dates.

II just now also!

Interview invite!

II.

Booked October 6th. That was the furthest out :/

II! 3.86 GPA and 507 MCAT. Solid EC's. In state

II!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II!

When did you all submit your secondary application?

Last edited:
When were you guys complete?

If you send your LOR's from Interfolio to AACOMAS, do you still have to send them to Nova or does AACOMAS do that for you? Thanks in advance.

If you send your LOR's from Interfolio to AACOMAS, do you still have to send them to Nova or does AACOMAS do that for you? Thanks in advance.

they automatically download them from AACOMAS.

If you update your AACOMAS with a new letter, like a DO letter, make sure you call them and tell them to download the new application! my app has been delayed because of that :/

II today! Booked for August 23rd- earliest possible date. They only had Tues/Thurs available. Received secondary June 22nd submitted June 23rd. In state. 507 MCAT 3.4 cGPA 3.2 sGPA a lot of shadowing, medical volunteering, research etc.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you update your AACOMAS with a new letter, like a DO letter, make sure you call them and tell them to download the new application! my app has been delayed because of that :/
is this after you submit secondary or before?

is this after you submit secondary or before?
it was after I submitted my secondary, I had my DO letter in, so I called and had to tell them to update my app

+1, had to do the same thing.

Congrats to all of those with interview invites! Did anyone else received a "complete" call but no email?

I am looking from flights from PDX (Portland, OR). For people from the area, which airport is cheapest to fly into? FLL or MIA? I'm looking at round trip flights of $450+ not including any car / bus / hotel costs. Also, any advice for traveling in the area on where to stay?

I am looking from flights from PDX (Portland, OR). For people from the area, which airport is cheapest to fly into? FLL or MIA? I'm looking at round trip flights of $450+ not including any car / bus / hotel costs. Also, any advice for traveling in the area on where to stay?

I'm flying in from cali and FLL was much cheaper than MIA (by about $200 actually). and it's closer!

In regard to hotels, I called the hotels they suggested that have discounts, but when I looked at the same hotel prices on expedia.com is was at least $10 cheaper to book it through expedia than it was to just book it over the phone with the "discount".

Since it hasn't been specifically listed yet:

"How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?"
"List any paid employment not including summer jobs, responsibilities, and hours per week"
"List and briefly describe your health care related volunteer activities since high school."

2000 character maximum for each

copied from post #241 in the 2015-2016 thread

I am so salty about everyone getting interviews but me :p
Haha same here! But it looks like those who got interviews submitted their secondaries mid to late June. I just submitted mine last week so the waiting is making me anxious. Don't worry, our time will come!

Reactions: 1 users
any idea of when they will be giving out II's again soon?

How long did it take everyone to have their LORs/Committee letter marked received here? My letters were sent out through AACOMAS about a week and a half ago (with secondary submitted 2.5 weeks ago) and I called and they still don't have it.

Can anyone comment on the size/complexity of FLL airport? I'm trying to determine if the interview ends at 3:30, I would be able to make a 5:50 flight?

Can anyone comment on the size/complexity of FLL airport? I'm trying to determine if the interview ends at 3:30, I would be able to make a 5:50 flight?

I go down there to fish all the time and never had it take more than a half hour to get through security. Not a big airport either but traffic can be bad getting there sometimes.

yea the airport is really close to the school, so as long as u get there by like 4:30-5 and have ample time for check in/security , ull be fine!

I just got an email detailing how to access my secondary application status to check for outstanding pre-requisities......but I called a day ago and the lady said I was complete and ready for review... who do i believe?! lol

II!!!! 3.45 oGPA, 3.47 sGPA, 3.85 informal postbach ~3.95 gradGPA +publications), 29 and 503 MCAT. Haven't chosen a date yet!

Reactions: 5 users
Booked August 30! Does anyone know how long the interview is? Trying to book flights!

II!

Interview day is 8 - 3:30 according to the site

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile

Anybody else have trouble with Nova receiving your MCAT? I've been marked complete at 5 other schools but for some reason Nova is having trouble. Anything I can do? I'll end up calling if my email doesn't fix it. Just wondering if anybody else ran into the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got an Interview, but I wanted to know if anyone knew NOVAs acceptance policy? If I were to get accepted, is there a time limit of when I need to choose NOVA?

Were II's sent via email or do you need to log onto Portal and check?