Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
was complete a week ago and 64 lizzy score

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon. Complete 7/19.

My MCAT is finally in the system. Woo!

Congrats to you guys getting II's. Stats? (if you don't mind me asking)

Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats/complete date? Also did you literally just get this at 6 pm lol? Jw if I should stop checking email today or if it's still possible, thanks!
I feel you man...I got a complete call and no complete email on the 19th. around 70 LizzyM score but still no news :/

Hey whats the time stamp on the email they sent you? btw time to change your photo cuz birdman is a Cavs now ;)

4pm eastern time! And you're right! I'm behind the times...

II today! Complete 7/14. 3.81 cGPA, 3.73 sGPA, 31 MCAT

Earliest date I could schedule was Oct. 11

Reactions: 3 users
Secondary Received and Submitted :) hoping for some love!

Hey guys, I am a current intern that is a Nova Alumni. Best of luck to you all. This is going to be a super stressful process so make sure to stop and take a breath while you do all this application stuff. If anyone ends up getting wait listed remember you are still very much in the hunt for a spot so don't give up. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and hopefully I'll see some of you on mission trips in the next few years at NSU! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having this problem too. I've had them in since July 12. I called them last week and again today reminding them to download my LORs... and the fact that they don't accept Interfolio makes this process even more annoying.
They do not accept interfolio? I sent paper letters to their mailing address via interfolio. Is that alright?

They do not accept interfolio? I sent paper letters to their mailing address via interfolio. Is that alright?
Not sure about the paper letter, but they told me the only other alternative was to have my letter writers email them directly. I called them twice and both times they made it pretty clear they don't accept Interfolio.

This is pretty ridiculous... They said over the phone they download the letters every Wednesday. I've had mine on AACOMAS for the past three Wednesdays and they still don't have it on file.

Not sure about the paper letter, but they told me the only other alternative was to have my letter writers email them directly. I called them twice and both times they made it pretty clear they don't accept Interfolio.

This is pretty ridiculous... They said over the phone they download the letters every Wednesday. I've had mine on AACOMAS for the past three Wednesdays and they still don't have it on file.
I just called and they don't accept the paper LORs. AACOMAS doesn't is a horrible application service. I have 5 LORs so how do I only have the option to send all 5 LORs to every school when each school has a maximum smh. My prehealth advisor called AACOMAS and they did not even know what to do.

First post ever on SDN! II last week. Complete 7/14. OOS. 3.92 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA, MCAT 28

does the complete email actually say "complete"? I got an email to thank me for my submission of application and attached a pdf of my secondary answers. Is that the complete email?

Hey guys.

So my letters were received by AACOMAS on 7/15. I got a call from NOVA today they still are not in. Did this happen to anyone?

Submitted my secondary 7/7 but still have not heard anything back. I was really hoping for an II from this school. Anyone on the same boat? Has there been any movement on II's recently?

Submitted my secondary 7/7 but still have not heard anything back. I was really hoping for an II from this school. Anyone on the same boat? Has there been any movement on II's recently?
Yes, I was complete 7/15 and have not heard about a II either. (3.6 and 505), so far all the IIs I have heard about have been 515+ mcats which is daunting to say the least lol

Did you get a complete email? Were your letters signed and/or on official letterhead?

Hey guys.

So my letters were received by AACOMAS on 7/15. I got a call from NOVA today they still are not in. Did this happen to anyone?

Yeah. Just keep calling and follow up. Called 3x before i got in touch with someone who sent an email on my behalf to download them. They were then downloaded the next day

Yes, I was complete 7/15 and have not heard about a II either. (3.6 and 505), so far all the IIs I have heard about have been 515+ mcats which is daunting to say the least lol

28 mcat with an II. Keep your head up. II's will come

Anyone got an II today (Friday)?

Reactions: 1 users
II a few days back, in state 506 mcat (29 equivalent ive been told, not entirely sure), 3.85 cgpa and sgpa

Reactions: 3 users
How do you hear about II's from this school? Via email? Also, how do you sign in to view your app when on webstar. Is it even possible to do this?

Don't know the answer to the first part of your question.

For the second part, once you're on the web star page, you click "admissions", then you login using the same login and password that you used to write your secondary, then you scroll down to "Fall 2017" where it shows your app and you click on it.
Can you tell whether or not you have an II from this page? I am concerned the email may have been lost because my secondary invite was lost. Most likely not but ya never know, thanks

I wouldn't know. I haven't received an II from here .... Yet? (Hopefully!! >.<) My best advice would be to ask on the 2015-2016 Nova page.
The waiting game is torturous haha. Will do, thanks!

Don't know the answer to the first part of your question.

For the second part, once you're on the web star page, you click "admissions", then you login using the same login and password that you used to write your secondary, then you scroll down to "Fall 2017" where it shows your app and you click on it.

I think they send an email, for those also wondering. Don't really see a place where they could inform you of an interview.

How do you hear about II's from this school? Via email? Also, how do you sign in to view your app when on webstar. Is it even possible to do this?

i got an email!

For the question in the secondary "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" did people write essays or just a couple paragraphs? I have a 500 word essay written for another school and don't know if it will be fine or if I should shorten it. Thanks!

does the complete email actually say "complete"? I got an email to thank me for my submission of application and attached a pdf of my secondary answers. Is that the complete email?
No you get a phone call from an admissions coordinator.

For the question in the secondary "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" did people write essays or just a couple paragraphs? I have a 500 word essay written for another school and don't know if it will be fine or if I should shorten it. Thanks!

That's fine. You can use that same essay.

I didn't get a complete call, but it's probably cause I am Canadian. I received a complete email only and called in to confirm they had everything and they did. Just for anyone else who might be applying as a Canadian.

I'm Canadian and got the call today. The lady on the phone sounded nice.

Just submit my secondary application.

Edit: Got a complete call from Nova today.

Last edited:
Hey guys congrats to everyone for either submitting your app or getting an interview :) I have not submitted my secondary because life has been kind of tumultuous lately and I am waiting on more letters of recommendation. Do you think completing your entire application by late August is considered too late? I don't want to lose chances of going to this school. :(

So on the DO handbook, it says nova DOES accept letters through Interfolio...guess this is wrong? https://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/cib/2017_nsu-com.pdf?sfvrsn=10

Instead of sending my letters to AACOMAS, I chose to send letters from interfolio to each school separately so I could control which schools receive which letter. If I were to add my letters to AACOMAS just for NSUCOM, would all the schools that have already received my letters through interfolio receive them a second time through AACOMAS?

Hey guys.

This happened with an update letter I tried to send them through Interfolio.

Does anyone know what email address I can send this info to?

Also, I got an email saying my app was missing things, even though I got a confirmation call about a month and a half ago for my secondary. I looked on the portal and it says that I'm missing my transcript from a community college I went to in 2006. This is confusing to me because I thought that the transcript verification process through AACOMAS was for that reason. I tried to email them but haven't heard back.

Any suggestions?

I think the max is 2000 characters. On another note, I got a II and wrote 3 sentences so I don't think this answer needs to be very detailed or complex.
yeah same i didnt write much and got an II. it just asks how you learned about it, straightforward question. now if they asked how and why you want to be an osteopathic physician then you could write more

Does anyone have an email address to an admissions counselor? I have looked all over the website and cannot find one.

For those of you looking for flights, I really recommend SouthWest if it's available to you! My flight was 80$ back and forth.

Hey guys I submitted my secondary before I got all my required LOR, I'm waiting for one more. Was this a bad idea? or are well ok if we submit the secondary and then add the letters to AACOMAS later?