Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interview tomorrow!! The area seems really nice :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How are the athletic/fitness facilities at or nearby NSU?
NSU has their own gym, which is pretty awesome! included in tuition as well.
it's on the main campus and includes free athletic classes, a floor for weight lifting, a floor for cardio, and space for IM sports for those who are into that sort of thing (and have the time!).

Reactions: 2 users
I love it here the environment is great and I'm not just saying Florida beach and whatnot since we really don't have time to go out but definitely amazing ... The M2 are super helpful and so are the master students (they took the main sciences classes during their masters so they tutor us the M1)

Btw I saw a few of you on Tuesday some of you dropped by the OPP lecture which was nice Dr. Boesler is awesome and super nice and said hi to some of you ... Another group that was touring with Tyler saw our biochem lecture (sorry u saw that!) People don't like to go to biochem plus everybody is crazy studying for the anatomy test which is coming up on Monday!!!! >.<

Anywho lol nova is awesome and with great resources! :)

This is for everybody feel free to PM with any questions don't chat me because it goes to my alerts and I can miss the message ... Ur free to copy and share anything I say to u but I'm just asking for this so I don't miss ur msg :) happy interviewing!
I saw the biochem lecture with Tyler and Zach! I thought it was pretty amusing tbh, and your professor seemed super well-meaning but just a bit dry.. but then again, biochem tends to be a bit dry anyway. :p goodluck on your anatomy test!

Reactions: 1 users
Overall had a great time today!

It was great meeting several of you but Sept 14th can't come soon enough. :banana:

Overall had a great time today!

It was great meeting several of you but Sept 14th can't come soon enough. :banana:
14th?! they told us to give them until the 19th. :oops:

14th?! they told us to give them until the 19th. :oops:
It's not going to be the 14th or the 19th. We'll probably hear back by the end of September. If we're lucky.

It's not going to be the 14th or the 19th. We'll probably hear back by the end of September. If we're lucky.

hahah why do you say that, you bright ray of sunshine, you?

hahah why do you say that, you bright ray of sunshine, you?
I'm all too familiar with the "overpromise and underdeliver" aspect of interview decisions. No matter how soon they actually get back to us, it won't be quick enough to satisfy our neurosis. And I also speak from personal experience.

Who knows. Maybe I will be wrong this time. I certainly hope that's the case.

I'm all too familiar with the "overpromise and underdeliver" aspect of interview decisions. No matter how soon they actually get back to us, it won't be quick enough to satisfy our neurosis. And I also speak from personal experience.

Who knows. Maybe I will be wrong this time. I certainly hope that's the case.

fair enough, we'll hope for the best and try to keep that neurosis in check. (;

Did anybody else get an e-mail saying that a date was missing from their application, and they needed to sign and return some form?

Also is the secondary they e-mail to you afterwards supposed to be password protected? Weird

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a rejection via snail mail. Oh well! I have one acceptance already and several interviews other places.

Yeah they mentioned during our interview

Acceptances will get email and mail

Wait list and rejects will only get correspondence via snail mail

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OH! That's post interview?

When were you complete? At least they didn't keep ya hanging. I bet it's coming for me soon!
I was complete in late June. I applied basically first thing. Oh well! haha!

Any reapplicants have any success? I applied last year pretty late in the cycle (complete in December), 3.6cgpa, 3.9sgpa, 503 mcat., 2,000+ clinical hours. Nova is my #1 so I'm hoping this cycle works out :)

For those who got acceptance or rejections, what was the time frame between your complete call and this correspondence? Trying not to have unrealistic expectations.....

For those who got acceptance or rejections, what was the time frame between your complete call and this correspondence? Trying not to have unrealistic expectations.....

First interview Group was this week so none of us have acceptances.

I got the complete call 7/5 and II on 07/22.

Its still really early in the process so I wouldn't worry until at least early November.

First interview Group was this week so none of us have acceptances.

I got the complete call 7/5 and II on 07/22.

Its still really early in the process so I wouldn't worry until at least early November.

Thanks for the info! I only got the complete call on Monday, so I'm not worrying yet, just trying to figure out what to expect for my own (neurotic) peace of mind haha

Thanks for the info! I only got the complete call on Monday, so I'm not worrying yet, just trying to figure out what to expect for my own (neurotic) peace of mind haha

Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised!

Sorry but at least you are getting love from a bunch of other schools !

Very true! Worst part was my boyfriend opened it when I wasn't home (who does that?) and texted me "Yo you got rejected from Nova" -_-

Reactions: 8 users
I'm waiting for Nova to pull the trigger on me via snail mail...

Very true! Worst part was my boyfriend opened it when I wasn't home (who does that?) and texted me "Yo you got rejected from Nova" -_-
Not cool. Id be really mad -_-. I already get enough anxiety when I get things from school via snail mail, lol.

I submitted my secondary and all documents late July. I called the school and they confirmed that everything was received, however I am yet to receive any sort of complete phone call or email. Anyone else in the same situation?

I submitted my secondary and all documents late July. I called the school and they confirmed that everything was received, however I am yet to receive any sort of complete phone call or email. Anyone else in the same situation?

Same thing happened to me. I called them because I received an e-mail saying I was missing my MCAT, despite them receiving it a few weeks prior, and they said not to worry, my app was under review.

are we allowed to reschedule our interviews? i don't think the interview website gives us the ability to change the date ourselves.

Got home from vacation and boom rejection from nova sitting on the kitchen counter best of luck to you all!

Yep. Spoke with a rep last week and he told me that I should take the fact that I havent heard anything as a good sign, though.

Should I pull the trigger on applying here? I have a 3.42 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa with a 25 MCAT. I am retaking the MCAT on Sept. 10th so I was wondering if I should apply here now or wait till I get my score back and apply here?

Should I pull the trigger on applying here? I have a 3.42 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa with a 25 MCAT. I am retaking the MCAT on Sept. 10th so I was wondering if I should apply here now or wait till I get my score back and apply here?
Tough. I'd personally wait, that is if you are consistently testing at your target score.

Tough. I'd personally wait, that is if you are consistently testing at your target score.

Yea I think that I will probably wait. Alot of people getting post secondary rejections

I would agree with the group to wait.

If you submitted in June with that mcat score I could see you getting by to a II with a smaller applicant pool but now it's getting to the MD caliber apps coming in and a 28 equivalent will be required

Got home from vacation and boom rejection from nova sitting on the kitchen counter best of luck to you all!

Hey sorry to hear that but hope you had a nice vacation though! Did you interview and got the letter or just got the letter?

So I didn't realize I got my NSU secondary until today... a month after I got the invite. I don't know how I missed it. Would it be late to send it in by this weekend? I know people already have interviews for this school. I have a LizzyM of 63

Last edited: