Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredpt1313

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard a decision from Nova yet? I just submitted the supplement application and am worried that I may have submitted it a little too late. Any feedback about this program is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Futuredpt, I too just submitted my supplemental app today. I emailed the advisor and she said the admissions committee has made a few decisions but there are many spots still open..good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Futuredpt, I too just submitted my supplemental app today. I emailed the advisor and she said the admissions committee has made a few decisions but there are many spots still open..good luck!

Great to know. Thanks for sharing and good luck to you as well!

Wait I thought not everything was due till 12/16/2013...My PTCAS is being mailed out on Monday everything got verified today. Was I too late? Because I am still waiting for them to send me the supplemental app.

SeaPT - They use rolling admissions. By "mailed out", do you mean you submitted the application? My application was submitted and verified but not mailed out. However, Nova provided me with the supplemental application already. Not sure how this works.

I submitted my PTCAS app Sep 27th and today I got my GPA calculations and a email saying they would mail it to the schools the following week (so guessing Monday?) I have yet to hear or receive anything from Nova Southeastern while a few other schools have already emailed me saying that they have everything. I hope to get their supplemental app by next week so i can finish it ASAP. Could anyone give me any insight on what we have to include/fill out so I can maybe get a head start on collecting things :) Thanks!

Here are the relatively longer parts. The rest are your basic information. Good luck!

Please list other physical therapy schools to which you have applied or intend to apply.

If you are accepted to NSU and other physical therapy schools, what would be your reasons to choose or not to choose NSU?

Please describe any special circumstances regarding your personal or educational experiences that you would like the admissions committee to know about.

Describe your prior experience with online or hybrid education. If you have not had any such experiences, please describe your perceptions of online or hybrid classes.

The American Physical Therapy Association describes the 7 core values of physical therapists as: Accountability, altruism, compassion/caring, excellence, integrity, professional duty, and social responsibility. Describe a personal experience in your life where you demonstrated one of these 7 core values. Please limit your essay to 300 words or less.

Here are the relatively longer parts. The rest are your basic information. Good luck!

Please list other physical therapy schools to which you have applied or intend to apply.

If you are accepted to NSU and other physical therapy schools, what would be your reasons to choose or not to choose NSU?

Please describe any special circumstances regarding your personal or educational experiences that you would like the admissions committee to know about.

Describe your prior experience with online or hybrid education. If you have not had any such experiences, please describe your perceptions of online or hybrid classes.

The American Physical Therapy Association describes the 7 core values of physical therapists as: Accountability, altruism, compassion/caring, excellence, integrity, professional duty, and social responsibility. Describe a personal experience in your life where you demonstrated one of these 7 core values. Please limit your essay to 300 words or less.

Thank you very much :) I'm going to start those questions today!

I got accepted 09/25 to NOVA and will definitely be attending in late May. Just submitted my $1000 deposit yesterday.

I got accepted 09/25 to NOVA and will definitely be attending in late May. Just submitted my $1000 deposit yesterday.

did you already have an interview then?

Members don't see this ad :)
That would be fantastic! Good luck to everyone, it's really the best feeling once the wait is over!!

Hey not sure if anyone has asked this, so I will just ask here :) How long did it take NSU to send you their supplemental application after PTCAS mailed your primary application. I am just wondering if I should contact them since it has been a few days and still haven't heard anything. Thanks!!!

Their supplemental questions show up once you designate your programs =\ why nova? What other schools are you applying to etc.. There is no supplemental after that. Just a bit of paperwork. Wish I was of more help!

Just submitted my supplemental application, hopefully it's not too late and i still have a shot...
Good luck to the rest of you as well, not knowing if you'll get accepted is really nerve wracking!

University: UCF
Major: Health Science-Pre Clinical
CumGPA: 3.37(PTCAS)
Prereq GPA: 3.33(PTCAS)
Upper div. GPA: 3.88
GRE: 147V 152Q 4.0W
Observation: 90outpatient, 60inpatient, 10 Pediatric, 400+outpatient PT aide
Applying: FIU, Nova, UF, NYIT, FGCU, Clarkson U, USF, Nazareth College of Rochester

Their supplemental questions show up once you designate your programs =\ why nova? What other schools are you applying to etc.. There is no supplemental after that. Just a bit of paperwork. Wish I was of more help!

From what I understood Nova was supposed to email a candidate their supplemental portion with a way to pay their supplemental fee. Their website says it will be made available online and to follow the directions (which I am guessing you get through an email) once you have e-submitted. Most of the other schools I have applied to have emailed me saying they have received everything and had their supplemental stuff on their website. I hope this is more clear. Thanks for the impute!

There was no official supp app. Just a few pieces of documentation and paperwork... I called them to find out. She gave me a decision over the phone. I had my letters in the mail a week later with directions to pay the deposit. I paid it last week. Hope this helps. Just call and ask, an try and talk to Monica.

There was no official supp app. Just a few pieces of documentation and paperwork... I called them to find out. She gave me a decision over the phone. I had my letters in the mail a week later with directions to pay the deposit. I paid it last week. Hope this helps. Just call and ask, an try and talk to Monica.

Thank you very much! I will send an email out tonight and probably call them tomorrow. Thanks again :)

Thank you very much! I will send an email out tonight and probably call them tomorrow. Thanks again :)
@SeaPT

Once my application was verified, I received an email asking me to complete an NSU admissions application and it provided me with a link to follow. They do ask important questions in this, so I would definitely check in with Monica Sanchez. She is the admissions counselor and her contact info can be found on PTCAS or the NSU website.

I received my my acceptance today! Everything jdaniels has said is correct. Good Luck to all!

-Tom

Tmgorm90 do you mind sharing your stats?
And congrats!!

Sure

University of Florida
Major: Finance
Minor: Leadership
Cum GPA: 3.41 (PTCAS)
Prereq GPA: 3.76
GRE: 154 Q, 155 V, 4.5 AW
Observation: 307 Inpatient/Outpatient/Geriatrics/Ortho/Sports Medicine
Extras: NSCA-CPT, Powerlifter, Strength Coach, Investment Group Founder, etc.

Sure

University of Florida
Major: Finance
Minor: Leadership
Cum GPA: 3.41 (PTCAS)
Prereq GPA: 3.76
GRE: 154 Q, 155 V, 4.5 AW
Observation: 307 Inpatient/Outpatient/Geriatrics/Ortho/Sports Medicine
Extras: NSCA-CPT, Powerlifter, Strength Coach, Investment Group Founder, etc.
Congrats! When did you apply?

Tmgorm90 are you attending Nova?

Yes most likely. I live 10 minutes away which would save me a lot of money from moving, plus the 2013 class had 100% first time NPTE pass rate. I'm really only waiting on UF now (I did undergrad there) and would look long and hard at the possibility to learn/work in their sports/ortho center. But most likely nova, did you accept?

Haha oops my bad ill get that fixed and put a new one up. Stupid Facebook ;)

so has anyone been contacted by Nova with an acceptance without calling and asking?

Yea they sent out an email and mail package of the paper form of those same emailed materials.

Do you still plan on attending your interviews at FIU and UM? I'd love to hear how they go! I'll also be at the 10/18 UM interview.

Do you still plan on attending your interviews at FIU and UM? I'd love to hear how they go! I'll also be at the 10/18 UM interview.

Yea for now I do but most likely going to Nova based on location (I live 10 minutes from campus already) and NPTE pass rates of 100%.

Is this question basically asking to justify your bad grades (if applicable)? Is this similar to the PTCAS question?? I'm kind of confused...so do we have to answer this question or can I write n/a if I think I have the grades that I deserve. :confused: Generally, how is this question answered?

FWIW I wrote N/A

I took that opportunity to explain that I am a non-trad student and have been out of school for ten years and talked about the fact that my strong post-bac GPA was achieved while working full time. I also talked about my work as an inpatient rehab aide being the result of volunteering at the hospital I got the job at. I think it depends on your situation regarding what you decide to write there.

Last edited:
Btw I still have not been able to ind any info on their clinical affiliations. Anyone have any insight on this?

Just finished my supplemental App!! Crossing my fingers that I get in now...Hope to join you guys this summer. Good luck to the rest!

Just out of curiosity about how long did it take Nova to let you know whether you had an interview or acceptance/decline. About a month? Thanks!