Nova southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RamadaRami

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey friends, I am new to Student Doctor, Please help and advice.

After I applied to Nova Southeastern through CAAPID, I didn't receive any e-mail for supplemental application and fee. I wanna know if I should wait until I hear from them or I've to send any documents to them.

Please friends who have applied to Nova advice me.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

you hav to register in their site and pay the supplemental fee online, if you hav any further questions regarding your status of application u can call them, they guide you and clear your doubts they r very friendly.

you hav to register in their site and pay the supplemental fee online, if you hav any further questions regarding your status of application u can call them, they guide you and clear your doubts they r very friendly.

Dear Hallucination,
Thanks for your reply. You made it clear for me. God bless you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have submitted NOVA via CAAPID. I can not find the Supplemental application in the website. Will they send an e-mail after submitting the application via CAAPID about the supplemental materials and application fee?!

I have submitted NOVA via CAAPID. I can not find the Supplemental application in the website. Will they send an e-mail after submitting the application via CAAPID about the supplemental materials and application fee?!

Hey Alexi,
You should follow this link : http://dental.nova.edu/international/index.html
Then at top you see "Admissions", click on it and then select "Apply On-line", then "Graduate/Professional" and go on. You should fill this on-line application and pay the fee.
Hallucination provided this information for m and I thank him.

Best of luck

For NOVA, do we have to send NBDE Part I, TOEFL, ECE to the university (In addition to online supplemental application + $50 fee)?!

I called and asked. They told me it is not necessary if you have submitted them to CAAPID. I told her that I only mailed ECE and Recommendations to CAAPID and entered my scores in the application. She said that's OK.
But I'm not sure because she was a little confused. Maybe that's better you also call and ask. Please post here whatever they tell you.

I called and asked. They told me it is not necessary if you have submitted them to CAAPID. I told her that I only mailed ECE and Recommendations to CAAPID and entered my scores in the application. She said that's OK.
But I'm not sure because she was a little confused. Maybe that's better you also call and ask. Please post here whatever they tell you.

They told me the same thing also,,,I hope its fine

do not get confused there are 2 ways you can apply to nova

1) is through CAAPID entirely
2) is through and online application in which you fill out the form pay the $50 and mail your materials to them

it is not a supplemental application unless they changed the rules

do not get confused there are 2 ways you can apply to nova

1) is through CAAPID entirely
2) is through and online application in which you fill out the form pay the $50 and mail your materials to them

it is not a supplemental application unless they changed the rules
I think you are getting confused spherulite; Even through CAAPID, you have to submit online application + $50 application fee.

CAAPID DIRECTORY:
Application Fees
 Send application fee to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) after submitting application to ADEA CAAPID
 $50 application fee
Other Documents That Should Be Sent Directly to Program (not to ADEA CAAPID)
 Supplemental application available on website

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. If you want to apply through CAAPID, you have to pay online and submit supplemental application. You have applied directly, this is another story!

what is their minimum nbde requirement.....is it 85???that means candidates with less than 85 should not apply???plz guide me....thanks

aiming high...APPLY.... Nova looks at an overall application so make sure your statement of purpose is good and go for it... even if your score is a little below 85 doesnt matter

Hey... the program deadline for NOVA univ per CAAPID is 12 feb 2012....and according to the NOVA website were are suppose to submit all the documents by jan1 2012...can anyone please when is their program deadline...it's urgent becaz i have to send the documents

Can anyone plz giv me the NOVA univ phone number....couldn't find on their website.

Hey... the program deadline for NOVA univ per CAAPID is 12 feb 2012....and according to the NOVA website were are suppose to submit all the documents by jan1 2012...can anyone please when is their program deadline...it's urgent becaz i have to send the documents

Hi, the deadline is January 1st if you are applying directly; I did it inthat way. I sent the NDB, TOEFL,WES/ECE and 3 letters directly to them besidesthe supplemental application (50 dollars). But if you are doing through CAAPIDyou have until January 12. And no matter what way, you have to do the supplementalapplication with NOVA.

white pearls dont worry none have been sent out yet..... you usually start receiving them mid feb and the exams are mid march so get ready you will be getting them soon

white pearls dont worry none have been sent out yet..... you usually start receiving them mid feb and the exams are mid march so get ready you will be getting them soon

thnx spherulite.....all this waiting and anticipation is killing me!!:)

I am from florida, and I am applying to nova, any news yet to anybody? I am so anxious also. good luck for everybody, only God knows if NOVA is for you. faith

Did any of you guys get this email from NOVA:

.THIS IS ..NOT.. AN ADMISSION LETTER.
.THIS IS A MESSAGE WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION RELATED .
.TO THE PROCESS OF BECOMING ONE OF OUR STUDENTS..
. .
.Dear International Student,...
. ...
.Greetings from Nova Southeastern University and from the Office of International Students and Scholars! ...
.We are writing to you to thank you for submitting your application for one of our programs. ...
. ...
.You have just applied for admission into one of our programs and have indicated that you are a “foreign student who will study in the United States”....
. ...
.Generally, this means that you are in need of a student visa to study with us in the United States. However, if you do NOT need a student visa because you hold another type of visa (or you are an American citizen or resident), please let us know so that we can update our files. PLEASE respond ONLY to [email protected] ...
. ...
.IF YOU NEED A STUDENT VISA PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:.........

Pls Post ur replys!!!!

. .
. ...
.Greetings from Nova Southeastern University and from the Office of International Students and Scholars! ...
.We are writing to you to thank you for submitting your application for one of our programs. ...
. ...
.You have just applied for admission into one of our programs and have indicated that you are a “foreign student who will study in the United States”....
. ...
.Generally, this means that you are in need of a student visa to study with us in the United States. However, if you do NOT need a student visa because you hold another type of visa (or you are an American citizen or resident), please let us know so that we can update our files. PLEASE respond ONLY to [email protected] ...
. ...

Pls Post ur replys!!!!

I did not get it

. .
. ...
. ...
. ...
. ...

Pls Post ur replys!!!!
Hi, I didn't get it. I called yesterday and they said they're reviewing the applications.

I think its only for people who or not citizens or permanent citizens...

actually quick question.I have applied tru Caapid and now I am gng to send Offical NBDE,TOFEL AND ECE scores.I just wanted to ask that do i need to send separate LORs to school ? Do i need to send offical letter of graduation from my school dean ?
plz clarify

Hi friends, can you please tell me that after applying thru caapid and submitting the supplement application online and paying the 50 dollars. Is it required to send the toefl, nbde score report, lor and ece too. I am confused in the website. Anyone who has got the completion email can you please answer the question?

actually quick question.I have applied tru Caapid and now I am gng to send Offical NBDE,TOFEL AND ECE scores.I just wanted to ask that do i need to send separate LORs to school ? Do i need to send offical letter of graduation from my school dean ?
plz clarify

I applied via Caapid and sent in the supplemental long back and i called and confirmed that my app was complete. Do we need to send the official NBDE, TOEFL and ECE scores? because those are sent to Caapid and i presumed we dont need to send them to Nova unless we get accepted. Right?:confused: Or am I missing something?:eek:

If u applied through CAAPID and then paid the 50$ fee. there is no need to submit anything else, I found out from Su-ann.

If u applied through CAAPID and then paid the 50$ fee. there is no need to submit anything else, I found out from Su-ann.

Thanks....I tried calling her but it always went to voicemail:eek:.....Btw....when you fill the supplemental application, they send you a pdf file which is password protected where you can browse your secondary application. In section 4< I think > where it says post secondary institutions attended, its all blank in my pdf!!:confused: Is it the same for you too?

Thanks for the information. It is a great help.

Most of my fields in my secondary application are bank. It should be fine...She said that they looking into the applications and the applicants will be asked to attend the bench exam in next few weeks. I hope I get the call :)

good luck to all of you'll... just to get you all a little excited..once you get a call from nova your already 50% in the school cause thay only call 50 -55 students for 25-30 seats so the chances of getting in are high once you get called

So it means i have already applied tru caapid . So now i just pay 50$ online and no need to send any other documents directly to them?????

i have nova bench test manual which include tooth prep and treatment planning exercises. it will help for bench exam preparation . if interested msg me:thumbup:

can you send it by email. I appreciate it thanks for your help.

Yes, and I don't remeber I saw that when I completed my application. I though, how I missed it?

Greetings butchh,
i will sure like to get a copy of the nova bench test manual, can you e-mail to me, my email address is [email protected]. thank you very much?

Greetings Spherulite,
can i kindly ask you how you know the amount of seat available for the program?

its given in the website and im already a student at Nova

hi guys,
i would like to share some info about the Nova university bench exam manual
u will receive the manual from the university after u pay the bench exam fees.
last year some of my friends got the manual in advance to practice well ahead for the bench test and treatment planning.
moreover i bought the 2011 manual from sdn friend well in advance to prepare for the bench exam but luckly i got accepted to another university . so i would like to sell the manual to any of the applicant.
i hope this will clarify ur questions.

guys dont worry about the manual you will get it with more than enough time to practice for the exam...you will have 2 exercises and a couple of case histories which you have to present over all an easy thing do not stress over it