NOVA Southeastern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

larsry10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a whole lot about NOVA Southeastern University's DO program? And if it's any good?

I am not extremely confident about being accepted into many MD schools, so I am considering DO as an option, and I stumbled upon this university.

If anyone has any thoughts/comments about it, that'd be great. Also, what other DO schools are a good choice?

Members don't see this ad.

check out the school specific threads. tons of info there.

Does anyone know a whole lot about NOVA Southeastern University's DO program? And if it's any good?

I am not extremely confident about being accepted into many MD schools, so I am considering DO as an option, and I stumbled upon this university.

If anyone has any thoughts/comments about it, that'd be great. Also, what other DO schools are a good choice?

Yes and yes. Plenty of DOs schools will give you great training. What specifically about Nova do you want to know as opposed to other DO programs?

Most DO schools I looked at were quality schools that train fine physicians.

I was accepted to Nova, but chose my in-state school because of lower tuition and lower cost of living. If I would have gone to Nova, I would need to move across the country, and my debt load would be about $80,000 more for the four years. There were other reasons, but they are more personal. Nothing against the school.

You should look at the Osteopathic College information book. You can download it from
http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Pages/default.aspx

It is like the MSAR for allopathic schools. It helped me narrow down my school list. I chose schools based on cost of attendance, and location. I ended up applying to 12 of the 26 DO schools and 8 MD schools.

Good luck.
dsoz