Now I am worried about my MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have preached in the past that I really don't care much about my MCAT; that I would just retake and reapply if I had to, no big deal. After all, it is just a test.

However, I have received two phone calls from my top choice, both informing me that my app was complete and they were very excited about my application. (is this not standard? I wouldn't expect it to be from the school I applied to). In the second phone call, the person told me that they were just waiting for my MCAT scores, and would probably be calling me back to schedule an interview once they receive them.

Now I'm really feeling the pressure, because whether they call back depends on my score. :scared:

Also, I really want to know what my LOR writers wrote in those things. The school seemed to be super impressed with my app.

Members don't see this ad.

Well if they are impressed before you get your scores back and you do average I would say you are a shoein. But OTH if you score a 20ish then better start looking somewhere else. I mean how many people actually get calls from schools saying that they are impressed? So I would be happy unless you screw up the interview in which case your ass is grass but if you are a normal person then you've got nothing to worry about

Medikit said:
You can't do anything about it now JKD. Worrying won't add a single point to your score or make the scores arrive any earlier.

This is understandable, but it sucks to go from where I was (not really caring or thinking about it) to this impending sense of doom. :D

So their saying they are impressed isn't really standard? At first I thought it was just sort of a typical part of the game. I guess since they already have my app fee, then it won't matter what they say to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
JKDMed said:
This is understandable, but it sucks to go from where I was (not really caring or thinking about it) to this impending sense of doom. :D

So their saying they are impressed isn't really standard? At first I thought it was just sort of a typical part of the game. I guess since they already have my app fee, then it won't matter what they say to me.

I defintely understand how you feel, but the truth is there isn't a thing you can do so worrying will only make you neurotic. Just pray!

What school is it?

JKDMed said:

From school to school, no it's not standard. For this particular school, maybe it is, I have no way of knowing. My point is don't stress out about your MCAT scores, it's all wasted time.

Psycho Doctor said:
I defintely understand how you feel, but the truth is there isn't a thing you can do so worrying will only make you neurotic. Just pray!

What school is it?

Coincidentally, it happens to be my top choice -- VCOM. I know I might be sounding somewhat of a jerk ("They like me!!!") but I don't like to get my hopes up for something that may not really be anything.

JKDMed said:
Coincidentally, it happens to be my top choice -- VCOM. I know I might be sounding somewhat of a jerk ("They like me!!!") but I don't like to get my hopes up for something that may not really be anything.
Apparently VCOM calls every applicant, which is pretty cool and not typical of most med schools. At least that's the impression I got reading other posts.

liverotcod said:
Apparently VCOM calls every applicant, which is pretty cool and not typical of most med schools. At least that's the impression I got reading other posts.

Yeah I knew they called, but it was what they said that got me thinking. Oh well, I'll find out in about a month.

tTHE SCORES COME EVENTUALLY. THEN ONCE THEY ARRIVE YOU CAN ALSO CHECK THEM AND SEE WHAT YOU GOT.

VCOM called me as well when my file was complete before inviting me to an interview. Anyway, here is something to get some stress off of you... I got into VCOM and my MCAT is a lot lower than what you were getting on your diagnostic MCATs so I think you're in perfect shape... don't worry AT ALL. You are in great shape.