NPTE 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pink purple

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is anyone studying for NPTE April 2015??? :hello:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys. I'm looking for a study partner for April NPTE. Someone that can meet me on Skype about 2 or 3 times a week for discussions on topics we've read and difficult concepts. Let me know if you're interested. My email is [email protected].

Dear All
I am a PT from India planning to take my NPTE in July of 2015.
How many months of preparation is required to clear the exam? - Any tips from people who have already cleared will be appreciated !!!
Others preparing for the July exam - please connect so that we can share some knowledge and keep each other motivated
All the best to all

Hiii im taking it this april in sanbernardino CA :)) need online study buddyy someone who i can exchange questions and reasonings for each topics :))

PT final exam course sucks. Its not value for money. he is just looting students. In my batch around 80% students failed but unfortunately those 20% who passed have been forced to write the good review , which is very unfortunate. In my watsapp group of 20 students 18 failed only 2 passed.

I passed but surely not because of Will crane.

I asked him 2 weeks before exam that Shall i take exam this time. He told me that you are not looking a good candidate to pass the exam this time. That was very disheartening from an intructor. But I somehow gathered courage to do well. And I passed .

One of the TA of will crane who is a friend of my friend told me that , TA's dont feel like giving their 100 % because will exploits them by paying extremely less money. That is the reason plenty of times TA dont come prepared for the Class. They give wrong answers.

One of the TA - REEMA -- she wrongly said DMD is a distal to proximal disorder. When students tried to correct her , she argued with them so blatantly. It was a bad view to watch.

Hey All,
Many of you wondering which course is better? NONE!
You need to do the WORK !!! Guarantee PASS score is you and only you and your preparation !!!
Get yourself going right now! Good Luck !

Will is a nice guy and also people from TEP are good. So, I would take either or the class.
I think american graduates don't need these courses they get all the guidlines in the PT school.
So, if you are foreign trained, best is to take one of these course. But the best is to redo the PT school in the States, because everything you ever learned outside the US is not necessary to know.
Statistically foreign graduates fail from the first time 70 percent and only 30 percent pass. So, don't worry if it's gonna take you 3-4 times to pass. Better to prepare well, because there is not guessing or too much thinking involved. It's a standardized test and YOU HAVE TO KNOW the stuff here and now. I did not pass it yet, cause I reschedules 3 times so far. I assumed that I wouldn't be able to pass due to the times limit or lackness of what's needed to know.
Overall, I would say, don't go for this exam if you have other options, it sucks, because you have to relearn everything, but a different way. And afterall the job as PT sucks as well, people are narrow minded, you can't bring your ideas, every clinic has their own standards, protocols and bosses. So, you will have to be a silent follower and listen what is told for you to do. BUT some things are worth for money, so, if you have no choice, think of a green dollars and the amount you have in your bank account after certain amount of time. And how many great things you will be able to do in your life. And show the middle finger to all the suckers who made you do the craziest things.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, i'm planning on taking the NPTE for the 1st time in April 2015. Less than three weeks left now, Wehewwww...
We have to stay positive till the end of this road.. I'm trying to do more practice tests and review some topics at the same time.
It's good to feel that I'm not the only one who is struggling in here :)
How is your study going so far and how satesfied are you with you practice tests?
Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be sharing the good news to each other. Cheeeers

Will is a nice guy and also people from TEP are good. So, I would take either or the class.
I think american graduates don't need these courses they get all the guidlines in the PT school.
So, if you are foreign trained, best is to take one of these course. But the best is to redo the PT school in the States, because everything you ever learned outside the US is not necessary to know.
Statistically foreign graduates fail from the first time 70 percent and only 30 percent pass. So, don't worry if it's gonna take you 3-4 times to pass. Better to prepare well, because there is not guessing or too much thinking involved. It's a standardized test and YOU HAVE TO KNOW the stuff here and now. I did not pass it yet, cause I reschedules 3 times so far. I assumed that I wouldn't be able to pass due to the times limit or lackness of what's needed to know.
Overall, I would say, don't go for this exam if you have other options, it sucks, because you have to relearn everything, but a different way. And afterall the job as PT sucks as well, people are narrow minded, you can't bring your ideas, every clinic has their own standards, protocols and bosses. So, you will have to be a silent follower and listen what is told for you to do. BUT some things are worth for money, so, if you have no choice, think of a green dollars and the amount you have in your bank account after certain amount of time. And how many great things you will be able to do in your life. And show the middle finger to all the suckers who made you do the craziest things.

Wow, you really have a low opinion of PT. Why don't you go into something else? I really would rather you not be a representative of my profession.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If this a representation of our young professionals' ability to communicate, then we, as a profession, are in big trouble. Frankly, if you don't pass the NPTE we might be better off.

I think this forum is for motivating the test takers, we all are here to support and guide each other :smuggrin:, so we should focus on guidance precisely related to doing well on NPTE.:) having said that, has anyone any clue regarding the april npte? or which books were helpful to the test takers?:help:

has anyone any clue regarding the april npte? or which books were helpful to the test takers?:help:

I bought both O'Sullivan and Scorebuilders. Each has three practice exams and rationales. I didn't buy the PEAT. It has no rationales and you can only take it once.

I bought both O'Sullivan and Scorebuilders. Each has three practice exams and rationales. I didn't buy the PEAT. It has no rationales and you can only take it once.
hi, so which of the two books ( Sullivan or Scorebuilders) was more in sync with the actual exam?

He said the fact. It's absolutely true that you will be working as a silent person. You will get frustrated, Here in U.S., you ant even kick anybody including your bosses .Too many acting bosses around ... Like back stabers..! You can believe anyone who smiles at you..! Good luck guys...!
But I am still trying ..!
Looking for April study partners from Los Angeles. http://npte2013.wix.com/npte

What was stated is far from fact. Can you elaborate on your personal experience? What is this "silent person"? Back stabbers? Explain. Who are these acting bosses?

If it makes you feel any better, I maintain an open door policy for criticism/feedback and support. I always ask for feedback to ensure that my clinical reasoning is sound for complex cases, and for productivity reasons. I also try to go beyond my own duties to assist anyone when needed. That goes for PTs and PTAs when they're double booked or running behind and aides/techs with equipment and upkeep. I don't feel frustrated nor feel that the clinicians around me are either. I personally would not want anyone to feel as if they have no say in anything.

As for your other comment, the only time I have observed clinicians banding together was to insist that another PT change their POC for having a patient perform active exercises who was s/p RTC repair 1 week. The PT in question was a foreign trained PT. If you consider that "stabbing", then it's more of a front stab verses a back stab.

Last edited:
And afterall the job as PT sucks as well, people are narrow minded, you can't bring your ideas, every clinic has their own standards, protocols and bosses. So, you will have to be a silent follower and listen what is told for you to do. BUT some things are worth for money, so, if you have no choice, think of a green dollars and the amount you have in your bank account after certain amount of time. And how many great things you will be able to do in your life. And show the middle finger to all the suckers who made you do the craziest things.

Well, you must be fun at parties.

Honestly, you don't deserve to be a PT with that mindset. I'm a student and am encouraged to develop my own POC based on findings and clinical reasoning skills. "Protocols" are nice, but are guidelines, not a hard rule to abide by. What's wrong with bosses? Don't like it? Open your own clinic. I'm glad you're willing to work in a job that "sucks" for the money. I feel bad for your patients and our professional as a whole for having to associate with people like you.

Reactions: 1 users
hi, so which of the two books ( Sullivan or Scorebuilders) was more in sync with the actual exam?

It's hard to say. The actual exam looks more like Scorebuilders. In terms of difficulty, they're almost equal but Scorebuilders has more simple questions.

It's hard to say. The actual exam looks more like Scorebuilders. In terms of difficulty, they're almost equal but Scorebuilders has more simple questions.
so now based on your experience what books would you recommend for orthopedics and bio mechanics? thanks.

Therapyed

Last edited:
I would glance over Magee for special tests... Just know your joint mobs for biomechanics.

PEAT exams are most realistic... There's a statistic that says 99.3 percent of students who pass retired NPTE PEAT go on to pass the real thing.

I just passed April 29th exam and spent about a month studying. I began taking practice tests every few days about 2.5 weeks before real thing. I took 5 total: 2 PEAT, 3 O'Sullivan. Also, Scorebuilders has an app that is very helpful if you are on the go frequently or at the gym but still would like to get some studying done.

Hope this helps
hi, thanks. can you shed some light on the scores you achieved on the practice tests? also how can one gain access to the Retired PEAT? thanks again

hi, thanks. can you shed some light on the scores you achieved on the practice tests? also how can one gain access to the Retired PEAT? thanks again

I scored around an 85 on the retired NPTE PEAT and around 78 on the practice NPTE PEAT. I ordered the PEAT through my program but I believe you can purchase PEAT exams on the fsbpt website.

I scored around an 85 on the retired NPTE PEAT and around 78 on the practice NPTE PEAT. I ordered the PEAT through my program but I believe you can purchase PEAT exams on the fsbpt website.

It's $102 if you purchase it through FSBPT! Worth it!

thanks so much. :)

PT final exam course sucks. Its not value for money. he is just looting students. In my batch around 80% students failed but unfortunately those 20% who passed have been forced to write the good review , which is very unfortunate. In my watsapp group of 20 students 18 failed only 2 passed.

I passed but surely not because of Will crane.

I asked him 2 weeks before exam that Shall i take exam this time. He told me that you are not looking a good candidate to pass the exam this time. That was very disheartening from an intructor. But I somehow gathered courage to do well. And I passed .

One of the TA of will crane who is a friend of my friend told me that , TA's dont feel like giving their 100 % because will exploits them by paying extremely less money. That is the reason plenty of times TA dont come prepared for the Class. They give wrong answers.

One of the TA - REEMA -- she wrongly said DMD is a distal to proximal disorder. When students tried to correct her , she argued with them so blatantly. It was a bad view to watch.
i agree with you,took the course twice and failed,its just an exploit,so what did you do differently to pass this time?

Just saw this....Both PEAT tests DO have rationales.

Just saw this....Both PEAT tests DO have rationales.
I would glance over Magee for special tests... Just know your joint mobs for biomechanics.

PEAT exams are most realistic... There's a statistic that says 99.3 percent of students who pass retired NPTE PEAT go on to pass the real thing.

I just passed April 29th exam and spent about a month studying. I began taking practice tests every few days about 2.5 weeks before real thing. I took 5 total: 2 PEAT, 3 O'Sullivan. Also, Scorebuilders has an app that is very helpful if you are on the go frequently or at the gym but still would like to get some studying done.

Hope this helps
can you please suggest a good resource for studying prosthetics and cerebrovascular stroke rehab for the exam? thanks

can you please suggest a good resource for studying prosthetics and cerebrovascular stroke rehab for the exam? thanks

Pink Purple, you keep asking about what resources we all used. What have you used already? Let us know too. Have you taken the exam yet or just waiting to take it in July? Just give us a little background. Everyone potentially uses different books. I know some people that just used Scorebuilders, ONLY Scorebuilders and passed the exam well over 730/800. So it depends on what you think you need but constantly re-reading new books will only stress you out more.

In my opinion, knowing your arthokinematics, anatomy, ortho/neuro diagnoses, and rehab protocols is enough to at least get you a 60% on the exam. These are ALL in the practice books. TAKE THE PEAT EXAMS. Now when I say, "knowing" I mean without hesitating that you know it if someone woke you up in the middle of the night and threatened you with a question on the spot.

So let us know what you are having issues with rather than asking what resources we used. Because telling you that we used a book with 1400 pages will not really "help" you, it will only cause you more worry!

Pink Purple, you keep asking about what resources we all used. What have you used already? Let us know too. Have you taken the exam yet or just waiting to take it in July? Just give us a little background. Everyone potentially uses different books. I know some people that just used Scorebuilders, ONLY Scorebuilders and passed the exam well over 730/800. So it depends on what you think you need but constantly re-reading new books will only stress you out more.

In my opinion, knowing your arthokinematics, anatomy, ortho/neuro diagnoses, and rehab protocols is enough to at least get you a 60% on the exam. These are ALL in the practice books. TAKE THE PEAT EXAMS. Now when I say, "knowing" I mean without hesitating that you know it if someone woke you up in the middle of the night and threatened you with a question on the spot.

So let us know what you are having issues with rather than asking what resources we used. Because telling you that we used a book with 1400 pages will not really "help" you, it will only cause you more worry!
i knew this was coming.. i kind of get very anxious sometimes when i see so many variations and conflicting opinions for important topics in the major textbooks. just for my knowledge i wanted to know the reference books utilized by test takers. I am studying therapy ed, magee, o sullivan, kisner for most of the topics. but i am really confused between some of the things mentioned in kendall ( eg. it says forward head posture has hyper-extension at lower cervical spine, while the other texts say its flexion). i studied knee from norkins, and referred goodman and dutton for certain topics. i have never taken this exam.

i knew this was coming.. i kind of get very anxious sometimes when i see so many variations and conflicting opinions for important topics in the major textbooks. just for my knowledge i wanted to know the reference books utilized by test takers. I am studying therapy ed, magee, o sullivan, kisner for most of the topics. but i am really confused between some of the things mentioned in kendall ( eg. it says forward head posture has hyper-extension at lower cervical spine, while the other texts say its flexion). i studied knee from norkins, and referred goodman and dutton for certain topics. i have never taken this exam.

So when do you think you're taking it? are you signed up for July? See this is where you will get bogged down by CONSTANTLY cross-referencing textbooks. Even the two most recent Scorebuilders/O'Sullivan practice guides have inconsistencies. They will NOT test you on these inconsistencies. And even if the topic comes up, you can reason your way through it based on the other answers. Try this. Just go through the two big guides and then take your practice tests.

Have you taken practice exams yet? How have you done? Do you reason through every response and say WHY they are not correct when you are taking the practice tests?

@pink purple Also, if you take the PEAT exams, when they give you the rationale for the answers, they also give you the reference text and the exact page that the answer to that specific question comes from. Maybe you should start there. It could help ease some of your anxiety to just TAKE a practice exam that is very similar to the actual exam and then see where your strengths and weaknesses are.

So when do you think you're taking it? are you signed up for July? See this is where you will get bogged down by CONSTANTLY cross-referencing textbooks. Even the two most recent Scorebuilders/O'Sullivan practice guides have inconsistencies. They will NOT test you on these inconsistencies. And even if the topic comes up, you can reason your way through it based on the other answers. Try this. Just go through the two big guides and then take your practice tests.

Have you taken practice exams yet? How have you done? Do you reason through every response and say WHY they are not correct when you are taking the practice tests?
yes i have taken the therapy ed 1st test. i scored 67% on it. tried to do it in one go. was a bit overwhelming but managed somehow:joyful:. missed some questions on topics like gait deviations, cardiac rehab, ecg. and for gait i read magee. any suggestions?

@pink purple Also, if you take the PEAT exams, when they give you the rationale for the answers, they also give you the reference text and the exact page that the answer to that specific question comes from. Maybe you should start there. It could help ease some of your anxiety to just TAKE a practice exam that is very similar to the actual exam and then see where your strengths and weaknesses are.
thanks i really appreciate it.:)

yes i have taken the therapy ed 1st test. i scored 67% on it. tried to do it in one go. was a bit overwhelming but managed somehow:joyful:. missed some questions on topics like gait deviations, cardiac rehab, ecg. and for gait i read magee. any suggestions?

I know a lot of people that score this on those tests. Here's my rundown. TherapyEd: 70%, 77%, 69%. Scorebuilders : 71%, 68%, 75.5%. PEAT: 82%, 83%. In the end, don't worry too much on the practice test scores. Because if you look at the psychometrics of the questions, a lot of them have only 25% of people getting the question right (on the score builders questions). On the real thing, if only 25% of people are getting it right, they would obviously throw that question out. I'm not sure the exact percentage they do this is at, but that means its a bad question. The PEATs are not like that. On the PEAT, if you know "SOMETHING" about the topic, you can reason your way to the right answer as you can see from my scores.

Also I got a score builders book from the class I took, here are the target scores you should be trying to achieve on each test:

Scorebuilders: 145/200
O'Sullivan/TherapyEd: 135/200
PEAT: 142/200

Get the Scorebuilders Question of the Day App for $10. Thats another 100+ questions that range from easy to impossible, one every day. The more questions you do/see, the less the real thing will be intimidating. I hesitated to get it but some of those questions showed up in one way or another.

Anybody needs study partner for July.im from michigan..I need one:(

Any good books for orthopedic topic?any tips for reviewing like how many hours should I put per day.im really confuse now coz it seems the topic is always the same but still hard to pass the Npte.:(

hi
anyone preparing for npte this july around dc,maryland and virginia area?

hi
anyone preparing for npte this july around dc,maryland and virginia area?

Any good books for orthopedic topic?any tips for reviewing like how many hours should I put per day.im really confuse now coz it seems the topic is always the same but still hard to pass the Npte.:(
did you try Magee for orthopedic assessment and kisner for exercise and interventions?
I know a lot of people that score this on those tests. Here's my rundown. TherapyEd: 70%, 77%, 69%. Scorebuilders : 71%, 68%, 75.5%. PEAT: 82%, 83%. In the end, don't worry too much on the practice test scores. Because if you look at the psychometrics of the questions, a lot of them have only 25% of people getting the question right (on the score builders questions). On the real thing, if only 25% of people are getting it right, they would obviously throw that question out. I'm not sure the exact percentage they do this is at, but that means its a bad question. The PEATs are not like that. On the PEAT, if you know "SOMETHING" about the topic, you can reason your way to the right answer as you can see from my scores.

Also I got a score builders book from the class I took, here are the target scores you should be trying to achieve on each test:

Scorebuilders: 145/200
O'Sullivan/TherapyEd: 135/200
PEAT: 142/200

Get the Scorebuilders Question of the Day App for $10. Thats another 100+ questions that range from easy to impossible, one every day. The more questions you do/see, the less the real thing will be intimidating. I hesitated to get it but some of those questions showed up in one way or another.
thanks @Corks .. can you tell me if the target scores are based on your own experience or any other reference?

did you try Magee for orthopedic assessment and kisner for exercise and interventions?

thanks @Corks .. can you tell me if the target scores are based on your own experience or any other reference?

They were posted in the score builders on-campus review book. These are the known target scores you want to achieve to be "on track" to pass the real thing. In my opinion, you all will probably study so much that it hurts and then you get to the test and you'll realize you overdid it. This is a good feeling once you're taking it, better than the other way around!

And yes, even though I didn't pass some of my practice tests, still nailed the real thing. You all will too!

Tnx pink ,yes I do have Magee also..just wandering if there is any other book aside from it.

They were posted in the score builders on-campus review book. These are the known target scores you want to achieve to be "on track" to pass the real thing. In my opinion, you all will probably study so much that it hurts and then you get to the test and you'll realize you overdid it. This is a good feeling once you're taking it, better than the other way around!

And yes, even though I didn't pass some of my practice tests, still nailed the real thing. You all will too!
:):claps:thanks again..

I took the scorebuliders 2nd test and found it to be difficult compared to the Sullivan therapy ed practice exam... is it just me...?? :nailbiting:

Hi Im studying for the oct NPTE , I would like to exchange practice tests from the O´sullivan 2015 with some other practice tests that are not from this year or from that book. If anyone is interested send me and email to [email protected]

Anyone need either Giles PTEXAM/Scorebuilders 2015 or O'Sullivan Therapy Ed 2015 books? Both have no marks in them, and I have 1 attempt left on all 3 Scorebuilders tests, and the USB stick for TherapyEd. PM me with an offer!

I know everyone else is but I am freaking out about passing this exam. I did awful on the first Scorebuilders, I do not really know what happened, if I rushed or what. I do not know if I should purchase O'Sullivan and the app for scorebuilders with the additional questions. I am scheduled to take the test in July.