NPTE JAN 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepSmiling:-)

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey anyone appearing for npte jan 2014???? need some motivational support..:)!!! and all those who have passed npte any advice would be appreciated.....!!!!!Please help...!!!!:nailbiting: :arghh: I am referrin the Therapyed...!!! planning to take Giles and peat exams...!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Remember the genius is within you..
All he needs is a discipline of studying and enthusiasm for success!
Respect the genius within and give him these two!
Also, let me know if you are interested in revising a few topics with me, uhmm... may be via Skype!
I'm registered for NPTE Jan 2014 and I shall own it !!!!
:highfive:

Reactions: 2 users
Keep plugging folks! It's definitely hard with the holidays and I took yesterday off to enjoy my family, but back at it today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep plugging folks! It's definitely hard with the holidays and I took yesterday off to enjoy my family, but back at it today!
its difficult to concentrate with so many distractions around:greedy:....i too took a day off yesterday...now back to books:bookworm::writer:....!!!!!!

Also wondering, how many people are using the study guide and books from TherapyEd.com? I just saw today that they put out a new book for 2014... Ugh. My school bought us all the registration and book to go to the prep review course, but we went in August, so I have the 2013 book... Think that matters much?

I highly doubt it matters. I've seen the 2010 book and the 2012 book as well. There's barely any difference. Plus this time they even mention on their website that 'revised Content Outline'. Outlines keep changing all the time.. 'focus' keeps changing slightly. What doesn't change is the strategy to tackle the questions & the subject matter.
I don't mean to be a wise guy.. but... let's get real ... Spiral groove fracture will paralyze the Radial nerve and not the Median! :idea:
Well, if they were providing something like '100 new questions' for practice, I'd probably put money...

Also wondering, how many people are using the study guide and books from TherapyEd.com? I just saw today that they put out a new book for 2014... Ugh. My school bought us all the registration and book to go to the prep review course, but we went in August, so I have the 2013 book... Think that matters much?
I am using the 2013 one...don't think there is much difference...!!!

How did ya'll do today? I'm about to take a mini-test for cardio - and I is freaking out!
(LOL, just kidding. I know imma do just faaine!)
:nod:

Hey everyone how are you reviewing the practice tests..?? I gave my first full fledge practice test and i scored 56% ...a bit nervous but I am sure will do much better on next one...I am reviewing it section wise..!!! Any better ideas..??

Yea, I'm doing pretty much same - I get to 70% in few tests and then drop to 50% in one :mad:
Also, I found out I'm better at Cardio-Pulmo than at Musculo - which is kinda giving me mixed feelings :):( since 70% of the exam is musculo
If I could consistently do well, I can rest in peace (no pun intended)

Dear KeepSmiling,
I review only the wrong answers & I don't go section-wise because that's how the real test is - mixed bag - but that's just me.

Has anyone heard of Landmark Learning Institute - they offer one-on-one coaching/ tutorials for tests like NPTE? I'm thinking of taking a trial class.:thinking:

Happy studying!!
:writer:

Members don't see this ad :)

I say we all watch these two videos TWICE on Dec 31, 2013 and start new year resolutions 24 hours early!

Go go go!!!
:highfive:

Reactions: 1 users
Long story short, I haven't been able to register for my test at the Prometric center until today. I am currently waiting for my email confirmation and I started the registration... The testing center I was hoping to go to is already full and there is only one more coming up in the city I'm in. If I don't get into the other testing center in the city, are you able to take your test out of state? (They would be closer than driving across the state....)

Last edited:
Long story short, I haven't been able to register for my test at the Prometric center until today. I am currently waiting for my email confirmation and I started the registration... The testing center I was hoping to go to is already full and there is only one more coming up in the city I'm in. If I don't get into the other testing center in the city, are you able to take your test out of state? (They would be closer than driving across the state....)
hey check out this following
link and hope you get your answer https://www.fsbpt.org/FreeResources/NPTECandidateHandbook/MakingaTestingAppointment.aspx

specifically check out the last ques in that link

@markelmarcel .. If you haven't already, I would give Prometric a call. Sometimes they can work a seat out for you that isn't visible through the online registration system. Also, new seats will sometimes open closer to test day, so if they'll allow you to switch your appointment (not sure what the rules are for that) you can always register out of state then try to get it switched back if something becomes available. Just some thoughts if you don't feel like making the drive out of state.

Thanks guys. I finally got my ATT number tonight, logged onto prometric and IT DOESN'T WORK. I mean, good grief. I'm wondering if it's somehow not completely in a computer system somewhere... I'll be sure to try first thing in the AM and then I will have to be making some phone calls. What a nightmare! Ha!
Edit: As of 5:30am this morning I finally got registered with prometric at my 2nd choice testing center and have already had 3 people tell me the center is now full. Whew. Really glad my bff in the program woke me up at 5:30 when our pins started working!

On another note, I took my first practice test today and scored a 63.5%... I'm actually hopeful because I only have studied neuro so far and did the best on the neuro questions and have a better idea of where weaknesses remain... And most of my friends said they've only gotten 60-64% on the first practice test too, so I'm feeling motivated and hopeful!

Hope everyone else's studying is going well!

Last edited:
OMG!
That's nuts! :bang:
That prometric drama would take all my focus off studying! :annoyed:

I hope everyone is using their time efficiently! :nod:
USE your time.
Don't mis-use, dis-use, a-buse, over-use, under-use! :slap:

Hey all,
I'm a new member here!
I'm also prepping for the Jan29th D-Day!
How is everyone doing?

:clap:

Study study study!!! Oh! Question--- when I went to the therapyed course the guy kept saying about the 3 tests and then one online. But I have zero information on how to get to the online test... I can't even google it and find the answer... Short of emailing the instructor I had, I thought I'd ask y'all!

No idea. Never took the TherapyEd course.
Taking one-on-one tutoring from Landmark Learning tutor!!
So far, so good!!
(I almost typed so far, so food. I must be hungry. Time for banana :banana:)

Ugh. I just took my second practice test and got a 58.5%.... Seriously?! I got a 63.5% on the first one and was feeling rather confident since I had only studied neuro... Now I've covered cardipulm (except for amputations and wounds) and neuro and dropped to a 58.5% Went from motivated to defeated in a matter of a couple of hours. Back to the books. Grrrrr!

Heyyyy I took my 2nd test n scored 60.5% :):woot:...... Went up from 56% .....!!! Don't worry guys we can do it:claps::highfive:......just keep up the hard work:writer::bookworm:

Scores on practice test don't matter much it's the review of the test that matters.....!!!!! So please review the ques that you got wrong...!!! :) Keep going you can do it...:clap:

Markel,
You said you didn't review Neuro before the second test.. Neuro is a big topic. From http://www.therapyed.com/graphics/TherapyEd_Summary2013NPTE.pdf, a total of 74% is MS, Neuro and CVS. Also, if within neuro you weren't strong with motor learning and & motor control then I wouldn't be so hard on myself!

Keep on keeping on!!!
Here's the video for today -

Hi all,
I'm new here and also studying for January 2014!

Markel,
You said you didn't review Neuro before the second test..

I studied it before the first practice test... working my way through the big three (did neuro, then cardiopulm and now I'm on musculo), then going to go back and start re-reviewing. I've also thought about doing new material for half the day and then reviewing old material the second day; but I'm afraid I'm not going to get through all of musculo, so I'm obviously focusing on that. Also, neuro is, by default, my weakest subject. Definitely will be spending more time with it before test day again!

A lot of the questions I got wrong were on things I haven't studied yet or I got it down to one of two choices and chose the wrong one (I hate that!) It takes me an entire day to do the exam and go through my answers, review the issues I had. I was just surprised my score went down!

Thanks for the video!! :) :)

Keep studying everyone! We got this!!!

Just wanted to vent out....studying and the tests sucks...!!!!:yuck:

Studying does suck! Took another practice test today and got a 78%, so I'm feeling rejuvenated, but man these days are starting to get to me, for sure!!
The prep course I went to said 3 hours a day, 6 days a week... I don't even know how that is possible. I study like it's a full-time job!

I don't think there's much difference between the 2013 and the 2014 O'Sullivan.I just did the Therapyed course and compared the two versions.It would help though if you referred the latest 6.0 version of the Blue book.

To all those currently preparing for the NPTE Jan 29 2014,Musculoskeletal,Neuromuscular and Cardiorespiratory make up a total of 72% (a huge chunk!) of the exam.It would be wise not to leave any topic unread in these subjects.Also focus on 'KEY' words while answering questions like Least,Most,Best,Least likely,most likely,etc Also focus on the duration e,g 2 weeks post INH for a Tuberculosis patient,Different stages of cardiac rehab,days post-op.That's the crux of it all according to one of the Therapyed instructors (He happens to be one of the authors of the 6.0 Blue book) Hope this helps everyone.What matters is that we consider ourselves good test-takers and NOT get psyched up or overwhelmed by "PASS" or "FAIL" before going for the exam.All the best all of you! [Wish me too! :) ]

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the reminders PAM99!
Do share last minute cram tips!!!
Good Luck to you as well :clap:

Hey. MANANVORA,
Did you ever end up joining Landmarklearning ?
I mught postpone to April 39. So thinkung to join tutoring.

Thank you

I did. They are pretty good.
I don't like publicizing someone on public forums.
But message on [email protected] and I can tell you.
Keep studying and stay focused!

OMG - omg - freaking out!!!
Phew Phew.. breathe..
I need a motivational video today!!
Haha!

I have not begun PT school yet, and I'm not clear on when you can take the NPTE. I've heard you must graduate from the program first to take the July exam, or you may be able to request to take it earlier (not sure how often that happens). Does your school allow you to take the NPTE in January for the first time, before graduating or are you retaking it?

PS. Good luck to all!!!

Anyone else starting to have constant anxiety? I can't believe the test is four days away... I'm definitely having a moment. Stay strong, we've been working hard!

hey all!!m givin exam dis jan 29th too!!!omg only 3 more days.....best of luck to u all n me too!!m so freaking out!!!

There are people waiting at the finish line of this marathon mother-of-a-test to congratulate you!
Time to make them proud.
:hello::claps::hello::hello::claps::clap::bow::bow:

There are people waiting at the finish line of this marathon mother-of-a-test to congratulate you!
Time to make them proud.
:hello::claps::hello::hello::claps::clap::bow::bow:
Well said manan!!!!I jst got 71%in npte exam C..is it bad???biting my nails!!

Well said manan!!!!I jst got 71%in npte exam C..is it bad???biting my nails!!

71% is pretty good I say. Besides general belief is that most people do better on REAL exam compared to practice test. So, you're all set!
Besides, you won't just focus on the REAL exam, you will FocusPlus.. because that's your username! LOL!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anybody else get the feelung that they're about to get on a rollercoaster?

i shud really live up to my nick...rollercoaster???oh yea...i feel so nervous yet i dont feel like studying nymore..wat shud i do????