NPTE JULY 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vaniafc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im a foreign trained PT and for the past 10 years I have only been working with wound management, I toke the test in October 2015, didn't pass, barely had 14 days to study so I got a very low score. Now I want to try again in July, I got the O'SULLIVAN and Scorebuilders review books and Im reading them but its being difficult to get solid study by myself so Im thinking about enrolling in a prep class, Im between TEP and The Therapy Team. Does anybody have any experience with one of these courses??? The Therapy Team is very expensive and only 4 weeks but they focus on one subject every week,TEP is much cheaper 3 month course but seems like they approach all the subjects a week, every day a discussion about a different subject so I don't know if I would benefit from that mix of everything together..... Anybody please help!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey i guys i am foreign trained PT and i am preparing for July NPTE. I see you guys are having discussions. I would like to join you if you don't mind.

And about the TEP course. I took it for 3 months. Yes they have good webinar and their daily forums are good too. But there were some parts of the program which i did not like.

Please feel free to contact me on [email protected] .
I really need study partners.

Hello everyone ..how is the prep going on ? 3 weeks left..
how much are you getting in practise exams?

I have got around 70-75 s in SB and therapy ed exams . But i have repeated them after 2 yrs so can"t say . is it good or bad.
I have got 65% in PTFE by Will crane test...gonna give peat soon..

I dont care what I am getting in my practice exams...well actually I do care but I will no longer pysche myself out comparing my scores to others and comparing percentilies and likelihood ratios of me passing. It is driving me insane and building more anxiety with in me to do such. I have been studying 6-8 hours a day 5-6days a week for the past 6 weeks. This is not me "doing too much" this is needed for me because I have historaically been a slow learner. I just pray this all pays off. I am taking my final practice exam tomorrow ( I have 1 PEAT left to take-the practice form) I did all OSullivan's and tje retired peat already. I will just keep reviewing from now till the 20th and trust in God. Goodluck everyone can't wait to post "I PASSED" in a few days! Wishing you all the same fate!

Reactions: 1 user
I dont care what I am getting in my practice exams...well actually I do care but I will no longer pysche myself out comparing my scores to others and comparing percentilies and likelihood ratios of me passing. It is driving me insane and building more anxiety with in me to do such. I have been studying 6-8 hours a day 5-6days a week for the past 6 weeks. This is not me "doing too much" this is needed for me because I have historaically been a slow learner. I just pray this all pays off. I am taking my final practice exam tomorrow ( I have 1 PEAT left to take-the practice form) I did all OSullivan's and tje retired peat already. I will just keep reviewing from now till the 20th and trust in God. Goodluck everyone can't wait to post "I PASSED" in a few days! Wishing you all the same fate!
Same here. Not studying anything new now . Only reviewing from past week. Tuesday is my day of exam... Wish you all the best !!

Hello guys!! How was your exam? Mine was really tough ..dunno wt gonna happen!! Made silly mistakes :(

Hello guys!! How was your exam? Mine was really tough ..dunno wt gonna happen!! Made silly mistakes :(

Yeah. I walked out of there feeling really defeated. I'm feeling a bit more numb now. Also helps that all my classmates feel the same way. Definitely having doubts of passing, but trying to stay positive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know anyone who felt amazing leaving the NPTE. Everyone felt exhausted, relieved, and nervous at the same time. Don't check you scores until next Wednesday. Enjoy life until then.

i remember thinking "wtf does that even mean" on quite a few....hopefully those were some of the 50 unscored ones.

I completely agree about the PEAT. I wish I had not purchased it. I did well on both PEAT tests, but both were extremely different from the npte yesterday that it gave me unrealistic expectations about how the npte would be. I walked into it feeling slightly confident since I had performed at the target score or higher on the majority of the practice tests (o'sullivan, scorebuilders, peat). However, that confidence quickly went away after starting the test. I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely was asked some questions on topics I never expected to have questions on because some of those topics are a rarity and not often seen or treated in the clinic. I don't know anyone though that felt confident after taking the npte. I was told by everyone that had taken it before me to expect to walk out of feeling like I failed.

I completely agree about the PEAT. I wish I had not purchased it. I did well on both PEAT tests, but both were extremely different from the npte yesterday that it gave me unrealistic expectations about how the npte would be. I walked into it feeling slightly confident since I had performed at the target score or higher on the majority of the practice tests (o'sullivan, scorebuilders, peat). However, that confidence quickly went away after starting the test. I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely was asked some questions on topics I never expected to have questions on because some of those topics are a rarity and not often seen or treated in the clinic. I don't know anyone though that felt confident after taking the npte. I was told by everyone that had taken it before me to expect to walk out of feeling like I failed.

Definitely didn't expect the level of detail on some questions lol, didn't even remember seeing it in my review book. Oh well, hopefully the curve is ever in our favor

It's usually the night of the 6th night or during the day of the 7th. So tonight for some, tomorrow for others. I heard Tues and Wed test takers find out the same time

It's usually the night of the 6th night or during the day of the 7th. So tonight for some, tomorrow for others. I heard Tues and Wed test takers find out the same time
Tonight ? Around what time..any Idea?

Depends on your state. Some release pass/fail, some don't and you have to wait 10 days for the score report. I heard past 9pm they start rolling out pass/fail, I've heard of some staying up til 5am lol

just curious where you heard/saw this? It would be nice if it was posted tonight rather than tomorrow night. So far, I have only seen other threads saying Tuesday night.

If you look at the group that took it last year in July (same situation as us, two test dates on Tuesday and Wednesday), results started rolling in around 5 pm on Tuesday and the majority of people found out around 8-10 pm that night. Try not to completely ruin your day by sitting there and hitting refresh, I don't think it'll be till this evening

I also think it will be up sometime tonight. The April 2016 and Oct 2015 group found out on Tuesday night when their test was on Wednesday of the previous week.

I passed and im in NY. Just want to say that anything is possible. I read osul and SB and got below 65 on 2 SB and 1 Osul. I also got a 72 retired PEAT and 73 on the practice PEAT. I studied 5 weeks from morning till bed time. Anyone can pass if they put the time and effort in.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone not pass?
I'm worried this exam is not difficult enough to weed out bad programs.

Did anyone not pass?
I'm worried this exam is not difficult enough to weed out bad programs.

I would look into the actual data about the exam pass rates. Couldn't tell you anything myself for sure.

But think about he sample of people who are posting on here. If you're self selecting to tell people on a message board how you did on the exam, even anonymously, you probably passed. Every year there's a few people who fail that share that info, but that's a rarity. People posting on here saying they passed isn't an accurate representation of everyone who took the exam. It's mainly people who have been involved on here for a while that are just letting people who would recognize their username from past conversations how they did.

For what it's worth, my friends who took the exam last week all passed, but all of them were extremely nervous to get their results. All said it was incredibly difficult.

I would look into the actual data about the exam pass rates. Couldn't tell you anything myself for sure.

But think about he sample of people who are posting on here. If you're self selecting to tell people on a message board how you did on the exam, even anonymously, you probably passed. Every year there's a few people who fail that share that info, but that's a rarity. People posting on here saying they passed isn't an accurate representation of everyone who took the exam. It's mainly people who have been involved on here for a while that are just letting people who would recognize their username from past conversations how they did.

For what it's worth, my friends who took the exam last week all passed, but all of them were extremely nervous to get their results. All said it was incredibly difficult.
I feel the same and extremely nervous too. Hope for the best