NRI going to india medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shehak20000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am an american, but my parents are from india.

My family is contemplating moving back to india...permanently.

I am in the middle of my second year of my undergraduate studies. I want to be a doctor. I did well in high school....relatively well 1340, 3.5 GPA , and it was a very competitive high school. In college I haven't faired so well....my gpa is approximately a 2.9. It will probably be a 3.1-3.2 by the end of this semester (dec 15).

So I guess here's my question. Do I have a shot of getting admission into a medical school in india? What is the "procedure" for applying? With my low gpa, will it be an issue? Do they take into account my high school record? Basically, how do I get admission into a medical school iln india? Is it a payment option...? I guess what i'm trying to say is my low GPA going to prevent me from getting into medical school in india, and if soo what do I do? I am willing to move back to india, and since I doon't intend on coming back kaplan scores and usmle scores aren't an issue.

Any information anyone can provide would be most helpful. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Shehak20000, Im having the same problem here I'm a NRI. I want to get into a good indian medschool like manipal or sri ramachandran. So do they really take in to account the gpa and merits or is money the main thing?

Hey Shehak20000, Im having the same problem here I'm a NRI. I want to get into a good indian medschool like manipal or sri ramachandran. So do they really take in to account the gpa and merits or is money the main thing?

They really do look at GPA especially the core subjects. Money is good but won't do much.