NS 108, anyone doing them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpw101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's experience has been so far on the NS 108 book. I haven't taken any AAMC material yet so I can't really comment on the relative difficulty of it but I've been average 60-70% on the exams. Slowly climbing my way up and having been hitting 70% more consistently. How have you guys been doing on it if you've taken it or have used the book before?

Members don't see this ad.

I just started them and haven't been doing super hot- about 60%. How many FL did you take before you got to around 70%? Also, for some reason I have a hunch that NS CARS is not very similar to the AAMC CARS. Sooo many of the questions require knowing very specific details from the passage rather than applying the main point to everything. How are you supposed to avoid going back into the passage when the questions are so specific? Do you feel the same way?

My main thing is getting 1 or 2 very convoluted passages that I end up tanking for like 2/7 or 2/5. If the passage isn't that hard I don't find it too insane in terms of details. Then again I haven't touched any of my AAMC material yet.

And the FLs I've taken so far are in my bio.

My main thing is getting 1 or 2 very convoluted passages that I end up tanking for like 2/7 or 2/5. If the passage isn't that hard I don't find it too insane in terms of details. Then again I haven't touched any of my AAMC material yet.

And the FLs I've taken so far are in my bio.

Would love to hear as well. Been researching CARS material for my Jan 2017 exam and no one else but NS seems to do as much CARS practice designed just for the new exam as this book, too good to be true? Tough I do not mind but is it representative of the AAMC material?