NS 5 compared to AAMC scored

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ioripi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw someone post awhile back that NS 5 is very similar to the AAMC scored. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Similar in the fact that it took passages/concepts and my AAMC score will be inflated when I take it, or similar in terms of difficulty/passage length etc..

Members don't see this ad.

I took NS 5 back in summer 2015. The aamc scored exam wasn't even out then, so I am not sure how it could be similar to it beyond having the same look, tone and format of the exam. All of the NS exams do a good job mimicking the aam style tone and format pretty well. As far as content, most of the NS passages I saw were based on science articles or discussios of a study or scientific concept. There will likley be some topics that you see more than once if you get to 5+ full lengths, just like the aamc has repeat passage ideas, just different passages testing the same science. I don't think any one test can spoil your AAMC practice or scored exam.

NS updated all of their exams for 2016 and they now have 10 full lengths. I have not taken 6-10 but from what I read they are better than they were before, and back in 2015 EK and NS had by far the best practice tests already.

Anyone who has taken the new NS 6-10 care to chime in?

I scored pretty similar on the AAMC scored vs my NS 5 score with the exception of C/P. I scored 2 points higher C/P on the scored, hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Not very similar. I just looked at NS5 and I saw ~2-3 passages for each of the sciences that would never appear on a AAMC test.

Reactions: 1 users